Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He covers the distance fairly quickly in those gifs, but he is exposed, head down, hands nowhere close to defending, during it. Against a sniper like Conor, probably safer to block and back him against the cage to close more distance.
Show me one gif of Conor ever sniping someone shooting in on him.

This is fantasy world talk.

Conor doesn't have terrible stance and footwork like Al, nor will he flinch at Khabibs "striking"

A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

Edit: For all the wildly unrealistic fantasyland "head clean off" Conor fans who say he'd "snipe khabib shooting in" please show me one time in his career he has done that.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

do you see how close al's feet were to khabib when he initiated that single leg?

i dont think conor will be that close.

Conors tdd underated

Conor has fought one legit wrestler in his entire UFC career and he got taken down 4 times in 2 rounds and controlled, against a FW. His tdd is mediocre against strikers. Against someone with Khabib's pedigree it's going to be non existent.

do you see how close al's feet were to khabib when he initiated that single leg?

i dont think conor will be that close.
So then he'll be standing way outside of striking range all night?

Wildly unrealisitic.

So then he'll be standing way outside of striking range all night?

Wildly unrealisitic.
lol, his striking range is much different than al's. im sure he'll close the distance at some point, but he wont be standing directly in front of khabib with his front foot planted that way. c'mon now

The only thing that can save Conor is an anticipation of when Khabib is going for the single leg and knees him or KO's him with his left. Anticipating on a thing like this is pretty hard, especially with all the faints Khabib throws.

lol, his striking range is much different than al's. im sure he'll close the distance at some point, but he wont be standing directly in front of khabib with his front foot planted that way. c'mon now
Conor's stance is wide as hell. His lead leg is probably one of the most vulnerable in the division and very susceptible to a single from one who has mastered it. He'll be even easier for Khabib to get at.

Conors tdd underated

Seems like a lot of assumptions and 20/20 hindsight in this video. “Conor senses that he’s going for the take down” “Conor taps his shoulder and senses a left hand coming”

I do agree that Conor’s angles and TDD is tippity top.

Khabib's tenacious single legs remind me so much of Sakuraba...

UnlawfulQuickAdouri.gif

giphy.gif

He wants you down, you go down. It's almost inevitable.

Khabib only has a 45% successful take-down rate. If you throw out the fight he missed weight by 3lbs versus Abel Trujillo where he landed 21 of 27 TD's and his percentage is around 35%.

IF he gets a hold of his leg like that it's surely a takedown. But he has to get to it first, He's slow and Conor is very fast. It's a risk for Khabib to dive like that.

Conor is a southpaw. Khabib is orthodox. That means conor's lead leg will be even closer to khabib's lead hand, and add to that Conor's wide stance as well. Oh, and if khabib does a head outside single, then his face is even further away from any danger from Conor's left.

I think Conor will try to time uppercut counter. He has only one shot though. After Khabib grabs him it's over.
He will not. He doesn't have the range to throw his uppercut from his backhand. If he throws his uppercut from his lead hand, the bolo uppercut, he would have to plant and pivot his lead foot to generate decent power, and his right hand is not all that lethal, so to throw this shot he will be taken down for sure if he misses or if it doesn't do enough damage.

It's actually better if he times a flying knee during entry. However, this is harder to do with the wide stance as well.

Therefore, I expect Conor to implement some new tricks in this fight to stall the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back