Khabib's old man says no one can help Conor improve wrestling in time for UFC 229

Nah, not heard?

Sorry, mate, thought you were another lad that I talked to about him.

Ah, allegedly he threatened a guy who owns a restaurant in Jersey - Edgar country - because it hosted an autograph session for him one time and he was doing one for Ortega and he got some nasty text messages from Abdelaziz. Problem is, the restaurant is full of coppers a lot of the time and the restaurant owner is not happy about being threatened.

Dude, Fuckin' Al Iaquinta was stuffing take downs.

Al Iaquinta was a standout high school wrestler in a competitive state who wrestled JuCo before entering MMA.

He is leaps and bounds, head and shoulders better MMA adapter grappler than Conor.

Nate Diaz got out wrestled by multiple guys who headed to featherweight, guys cartoonishly smaller than him in Guida and Joe Daddy. He is one of the worst, if not THE worst, top 10 ranked lightweight wrestler in the history of the sport. He's just terrible at wrestling.

He took Conor down. Twice.

The spirit of what I think he is saying is correct.

You simply can't start from an average place, train a few months and match someone who has been wrestling focused since he was in the womb. The learning curve is simply too steep.

That doesn't mean though, that he can't make meaningful improvements, and that there is a straight line between pure wrestling and wrestling in a MMA context.

Conor usually does a great job at managing distance and making transitions between striking and grappling difficult...can't wait for the fight.
To take anything that khabibs dad said seriously means you have to assume Conor has never wrestled until the fight was announced, the absurdity should stop there...it’s going to be tough for the khabibalovahqripovmgomedov household when khabibs jaw his the mat.

Not a Connor fan at all, but can't the same be said for Khabib's horrid standup? All fights start standing, I got a feeling Connor is going to KO Khabib.

That left is overrated and might have worked on 145 pound midgets.

Didn't work very well on journeyman Nate Diaz, did it.

513971508.0.jpg

Yeah because anyone else has finished Nate with punches, fucking retard.

His dad is just terrified his son will have a new dad after Conor sons him.

Right, because he only started training for Khabib now. :rolleyes:

The spirit of what I think he is saying is correct.

You simply can't start from an average place, train a few months and match someone who has been wrestling focused since he was in the womb. The learning curve is simply too steep.

That doesn't mean though, that he can't make meaningful improvements, and that there is a straight line between pure wrestling and wrestling in a MMA context.

Conor usually does a great job at managing distance and making transitions between striking and grappling difficult...can't wait for the fight.
he doesn't need to "match" him at wrestling. He just needs to stuff a few take downs and land a few (1!) clean shot. Ragin Al, a real estate broker, was more than holding his own against Kabob. Conor should be ok.

To take anything that khabibs dad said seriously means you have to assume Conor has never wrestled until the fight was announced, the absurdity should stop there...it’s going to be tough for the khabibalovahqripovmgomedov household when khabibs jaw his the mat.

Khabib started wrestling heavily from early childhood in one of the most wrestling-rich places in the entire world.

Conor started wrestling when he became a MMAist, having to divide his training among multiple disciplines.

There simply isn't a way to make up that gap. Now...whether or not Conor can render that advantage moot in MMA with his other tools...that's the exciting and unknown part.

Conor's dad doesn't even love him. He is a shame to the family.

so many things wrong with this statement....first, conor is undefeated at LW, with the 1 win and total destruction of Alverez...and conors fight with nate, wasn't at LW...so that's that...and Pourier, a guy conor ko'd in under a minute, deserves a shot more? I don't think so.

Are you serious.......Conor is undefeated because he fought once at LW, thats not saying much.....This won't be a close fight and I cant wait for October.

he doesn't need to "match" him at wrestling. He just needs to stuff a few take downs and land a few (1!) clean shot. Ragin Al, a real estate broker, was more than holding his own against Kabob. Conor should be ok.

That's what I said. He's correct about the wrestling, and wrong that it has a perfect linkage within a MMA context.

He's probably drunk.

It's sad when the past generations live through their children. He's basically a russian version of 'Dance moms'

Conor has been training with a national level Moldovan wrestler since the Eddie fight, grappling with Danis since pre-Diaz 2, Helen Maroulis visited and trained with Conor for a week last year after she won olympic gold, and national moldovan wrestlers have been training at SBG since the start of the year. This "a few weeks won't help" stuff is funny because this is all common knowledge. They have been preparing for Khabib all year.

maroulis.jpg

DZjM3sZW0AA6vWl.jpg

cono12-550x360.jpg

Great post.

That left is overrated and might have worked on 145 pound midgets.

Didn't work very well on journeyman Nate Diaz, did it.

513971508.0.jpg
Guys will call Nate a journeyman til the end of time... they don't even care that he's not a journeyman.

Picture this: they hate Conor so bad, they shit on a guy who BEAT him just to make him look worse

LOL

You should like the guy who beat the guys you hate, but Conor turns people into complete hoes

“I think Conor understands that he wasn’t the real champion at 155,” Abdulmanap said. “He only fought against two lightweights and one of them choked him out. When he took the belt, there were about six lightweights who were stronger than him.

“There are a lot of fighters who deserve a title shot more than Conor. For example, Poirier. He can keep a high pace, he tries to finish opponents. Poirier is the real contender.”

“Let’s put together the best wrestling coaches from Dagestan, Japan, USA, Turkey . . . even they will not be able to prepare McGregor for this fight in three months,” Abdulmanap said. “No one can help him. You can’t do that in such a short time. He needs to start studying it from the beginning. To improve his wrestling in several months, it’s impossible."

“Only a referee can protect Conor, that’s why he will be in the cage.”

Khabib's dad foresees a complete demolition of Conor.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...gor-improve-his-wrestling-in-time-for-ufc-229

I agree. I don't think Conor has enough time to get good enough to deal with Khabib. I'm hoping he does though. If he pulls this off, he's GOAT.

Dude, Fuckin' Al Iaquinta was stuffing take downs.

Really? I don't remember this. I remember a lopsided beat down.

Back