News Khabib's manager: Zabit, Khabib vs Ferguson, McGregor rematch, Khabib's PPV numbers

March or April isnt fair to Khabib. He has Ramadan in April, so they should give him the summer off & do Khabib vs Tony for MSG next year.
For some reason a lot of people have problem with him not wanting to fight on ramadan. But in this case these are dates he and his team decided, so it’s before ramadan

For some reason a lot of people have problem with him not wanting to fight on ramadan. But in this case these are dates he and his team decided, so it’s before ramadan
Yeah I was just being a sarcastic jerk

that's a bit dumb, don't you think ?

Floyd was pulling 350k too before he spanked Oscar!

and since his "tree fiddy" days, Khabib smashed and spit on one of the biggest star in the world!
you don't think it has an affect on his future PPVs ?
and the Dustin fight was well promoted, with 3 free fights on youtube (including the McRapist one), and they all did +10M views in a few days.
i expected 700-800k range, but i'm not shocked at 1M
You could've started out a bit more domestic. I kept steaming about you telling my well thought out post was "dumb."

For one, the only thing "dumb" is you comparing the old PPV model to the ESPN+ model without knowing a fucking thing about what numbers they're pulling. Nobody does as far as I know. At least with the old model we had the bank loan records that Melzer went through... & when the UFC released some official numberz during the sale, meltzer turned out to be spot on. We don't seem to have those numbers so available now that we've switched to the ESPN+ model, & now you can't even buy a PPV without a subscription to ESPN+.... so everything is different... & anything you or I say is not as "dumb" as your smart ass is trying to make it out to be.

Now to your point that Conor changed Khabib's bum life & now he's going to be a draw from here on out... that didn't exactly work for Jones.

09/21/13 UFC 165 Jones vs Gustafsson 310,000
04/26/14 UFC 172 Jones vs Teixeira 350,000
01/03/15 UFC 182 Jones vs Cormier 800,000
04/23/16 UFC 197 Jones vs. Saint Preux 322,000
07/29/17 UFC 214 Cormier vs. Jones II 860,000

He struck pay dirt with Cormier, but he was a Tree Fiddy guy just like Khabib was. Once DC changed his bum life, he went back to drawing Tree Fiddy again.

That's fine if you want to "assume" thingz... but don't call me fucking "dumb" just because i said something that doesn't match your assumption.

A million ppv slots is incredible given the time differences, the ESPN subs and the 25 million done on Russian broadcast.

Khabib is making the UFC more than Conor did.

A million ppv slots is incredible given the time differences, the ESPN subs and the 25 million done on Russian broadcast.

Khabib is making the UFC more than Conor did.

To be honest I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Khabib may not be bringing in as much money as Conor did during his glory days. But today, when Conor just sits on Twitter and doesn't fight, he sure as hell is bringing nothing but bad publicity.

good interview.

zabit needs a 5 rounder
espn+ ppv model is garbage
everyone is ducking makhachev.

seems to be a bit harsh on abubakar though… calling his mistake foolish and childish.

maybe they counted the BT Sport PPV too...
He must pull pretty big numbers in the UK now...

i'm not sure there is a number of total ESPN+ subscribers out there...
if it's only 2 millions, maybe the +1M PPV for 242 is off the mark...

Why cant you guys understand that many people in the world do not have ESPN or MMA channels and use fight pass to buy PPV.

I am from New Zealand and also Aussies own fight pass or Sky TV where they buy PPV, ESPN is so unpopular in our lands. We dont even have ESPN in NZ, you have to have like 2 subs for some platforms to watch ESPN.

I am many other people I know who are Khabib fans have fight pass. Fight pass is not dead worldwide, especially in Europe where MMA is banned or not promoted yet

maybe they counted the BT Sport PPV too...
He must pull pretty big numbers in the UK now...

i'm not sure there is a number of total ESPN+ subscribers out there...
if it's only 2 millions, maybe the +1M PPV for 242 is off the mark...

Khabib is now very popular with Muslim fans. And the thing about Muslims, unlike Irish for instance is that their dispora is all over the world. In Germany you have like 4 million, France 10 million, Norway, Belgium etc. Isnt Brussels like 30-40% Muslim? Most are youth who love Khabib.

You watch if Khabib goes on tour, how many youth ambush him with selfies. In every Mosque that I went everybody was talking Khabib after Conor and Dustin fights.

Most of these people watch ppvs.

Now question-How do you watch PPV in France, Germany, Aussie or NZ where I am from? We have no ESPN

Why do you think BT Sports made it PPV for 242? Knowing that UK has massive Muslim population. UFC knew what they were doing

Just like Conor, Khabib is now supported by fans who have no bloody idea what MMA is. Many do, but he is huge and people just watch him because he is a Muslim athlete who does not go on rape spree, beating old people and hitting prego women with a car and leaving her there, coming back for coke

I"m pretty seriously doubting that ESPN+ sold 1 million PPV's at 242. The card wasn't even stacked for american viewers who are buying all those... & don't get me wrong... I got love for Dustin, but he's not a needle mover like that. I doubt Khabib pulled all those american's at a weird time of day to buy it in those numberz.

I think they're bullshitting to make it look like they don't need Conor, knowing full well that they do. I'll give em Tree Fiddy buys at the most tbh. I seriously doubt that event could've done anywhere close to a million even in the old PPV model much less with this ESPN+ fuckery.

Tree Fiddy is what Khabib was pulling under the old system, prior to fighting Conor.

Rocket science question for you. I am from New Zealand, I am a Muslim and Khabib and MMA fan. Most of youth in my mosque are also supporting Khabib. Some love MMA, some never seen it but like Khabib.

How Do I watch this PPV?

Another very hard and complex neurological question for you-

Germany, France, Belgium, Aussie have large Muslim dispora too. Many support Khabib (you can see on his IG or youtube comments) people sending love from all over the world-

How do they watch this PPV?

Perhaps because you are from America and you are brainwashed to belive that Planet Earth is 90% of USA and the rest are shithole countries but you need to realise that world does not revolve around you and this PPV ESPN model is broken by USA market, but Khabib is not Jon Jones, he is popular around the whole world THUS PEOPLE BUY PPV FROM FIGHT BLOODY PASS

Why does UFC Still advertise PPV on FIGHT PASS?

OR YOU THINK UFC IS DYING? In that case, have a nice day!

Last edited:
1 million is a lot and we are in the espn era and the time was not great either, if this is truth khabib is as big of a star as conor and i got this filling everybody knows who khabib is
Again

ESPN model and PPV nonsense is for America and Canada only.

BT sports had PPV blockbuster
Aussie, NZ, Europe and worldwide many people have fight pass. I do. I watch UFC on fight Pass. I dont have or dont care about ESPN or other sports channels because I dont watch other sport. I play it

good interview.

zabit needs a 5 rounder
espn+ ppv model is garbage
everyone is ducking makhachev.

seems to be a bit harsh on abubakar though… calling his mistake foolish and childish.

Actually he is quoting Abdulmanap who after that fight brought the wrath of Allah down on him :D. He called it a childish mistake and said that he didn't prepare well mentally. He got to relaxed in there and thought that the job was done too early.

https://tass.ru/sport/7099116

Why cant you guys understand that many people in the world do not have ESPN or MMA channels and use fight pass to buy PPV.

I am from New Zealand and also Aussies own fight pass or Sky TV where they buy PPV, ESPN is so unpopular in our lands. We dont even have ESPN in NZ, you have to have like 2 subs for some platforms to watch ESPN.

I am many other people I know who are Khabib fans have fight pass. Fight pass is not dead worldwide, especially in Europe where MMA is banned or not promoted yet

So in Australia and New Zeeland you buy PPV through fight pass?

I still don't get why they are so afraid of fighting Conor again.

And please, enough of this childish 'money isn't everything' bullshit.

Conor is low hanging fruit right now, and they could make millions with that fight.

If they are THAT HONORABLE, they can use those millions to build better MMA schools in Degestan, feed the homeless, poor, or whatever. There's a lot you can improve with 50mil. A LOT.

They can probably build 50 schools with 50 million. Imagine that shit.

Not buying the fake humility.

You realise that his father is Russian speaking and speaks no English

You realise that Khabib's father is doing Russian appearances interviews every month or at least every 2 months

Do you speak Russian? How do you know if Khabib or his team are not doing so? You think that Khabib's moves, news or deeds are revolving around you and your Englisher world? Like Khabib has to go and publically declear for ScorpionDude what he is doing and he has to translate it to English so you can understand your magesty?

Khabib is doing more then you will ever do, just no need to show you those links, evidences because you will never accept it anyway. So no point to even bother. Khabib can walk on water and you will say that he is doing it because he cant swim or afraid that Conor is in water to rematch him

So in Australia and New Zeeland you buy PPV through fight pass?

Yes. I did and my sisters husband did. I hook my laptop or PC to a massive TV and enjoy HD. Some Muslim Uni students in NZ also did the say at the Uni. Like 50 of them in the small Uni room.

We dont have ESPN in NZ, or to get it you have to have something that has something that you pay for sub. Like 3 things. Sky or something. Its not popular and most people have laptop, devices etc and FP is so much easier.

I really dont understand these Americans why they CANT GET IN THEIR HEADS THAT PPV MODEL IS ON ESPN ONLY FOR AMERICANS AND THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES WHO STILL HAVE FIGHT PASS AND BUY PPV FROM THERE

Its literally saying on UFC page how you can buy ppv on fight pass. UFC has millions of FIght Pass Subscribers and its sooooooo waaaaay easier to get PPV from Fight pass then ESPN or other nonsense

How come?
Hates Khabib

Loves Conor

Dreams about Conor being the only PPV star (Despite Masvidal, Nate, JJ pulling good numbers too)

Feels threatend by Khabib's popularity

Trumply declares anything he does not agree with as Fake news.

Yes. I did and my sisters husband did. I hook my laptop or PC to a massive TV and enjoy HD. Some Muslim Uni students in NZ also did the say at the Uni. Like 50 of them in the small Uni room.

I really dont understand these Americans why they CANT GET IN THEIR HEADS THAT PPV MODEL IS ON ESPN ONLY FOR AMERICANS AND THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES WHO STILL HAVE FIGHT PASS AND BUY PPV FROM THERE

Its literally saying on UFC page how you can buy ppv on fight pass. UFC has millions of FIght Pass Subscribers and its sooooooo waaaaay easier to get PPV from Fight pass then ESPN or other nonsense

In Russia, they always have it on different channels. Depending on the fights, it can be from some niche channel to national TV.
Now UFC also launched a free channel in Russian with Russian commentators, but I like the english commentary better. So I watch mostly through Fight Pass as well, at least the prelims and Fight Nights that are free :D.

As predicted, Khabib is officially the second biggest mma star world wide and is capable of getting 1 mil ppv in
- espn era
- bad timing
- completely depleted card unlike jon jones stacked to the gills card

Khabib on route to surpass the Twitter fighter conrat.

ESPN has nothing to do with Khabib as America is actually the least popularity in regards to Khabib. He still has many fans and they even come to visit him in the AKA but he is waaaaaaay more popular in EUrope/UK/other places where many Muslim and non Muslim fans of Khabib are

ESPN/ppv model is only for America and Khabib is not even that popular in USA. He still did 350k with Iaquinta in USA, while Stipe and DC did the same and others but he is no Conor in USA

ESPN has nothing to do with Khabib as America is actually the least popularity in regards to Khabib. He still has many fans and they even come to visit him in the AKA but he is waaaaaaay more popular in EUrope/UK/other places where many Muslim and non Muslim fans of Khabib are

ESPN/ppv model is only for America and Khabib is not even that popular in USA. He still did 350k with Iaquinta in USA, while Stipe and DC did the same and others but he is no Conor in USA

I don't think you can compare pre-Conor Khabib and post-Conor Khabib. His Instagram following grew I think from 3 million to around 17 million in one night. That must have affected the PPV buys as well. During the Iaquinta fight he was still unknown outside of MMA community.

and lets not forget about the 26 million Russian who tuned in!

meh ... the japanese brothers always did that number, but i read that money wasnt so good.

maybe im wrong, but arent japanese TV deals thousand times better than russian? I know that USA is one of the best.

Back