Khabib's manager predicts Conor will fight Woodley for the WW title

StraightleftKO

2 belt champion
@Brown
Reaction score
“Let me make a prediction: McGregor’s next fight is going to be Tyron Woodley for the welterweight title,” Abdelaziz said. “This is the fight that’s going to happen. Every sign is this is going to happen.”
Exactly how and when it happens is something that Nurmagomedov could have a say in, if Abdelaziz’s prediction comes true. If negotiations to fight for the welterweight belt don’t come at the right price, he said, his client could again be used as leverage. He called UFC President Dana White’s recent dismissal of a welterweight rematch with Nate Diaz “a negotiating tactic.”

“Now, when Conor fights Woodley, (his management goes), maybe I won’t ask for this much money because (the UFC says) that’s OK, Khabib is ready to fight,” he said. “Now, Khabib has become the boogeyman the UFC uses for leverage in negotiations. I’m OK with that.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/manage...guson-were-going-for-big-cobra-conor-mcgregor

Do you think this fight will happen? I see Conor winning his third belt and becoming the undisputed king of combat sports. Woodley wouldn't be able to touch Conor and will fall asleep from the straight left.

He's ok with his guy being used by the UFC for negotiation leverage and not getting what he potentially deserves? Khabib needs to fire that dumbass.

If true, it says a lot that Connor is not willing to take on fights that have a chance to tarnish his stock. He always wants a no-lose situation with a built in excuse in case of a loss (i.e. bigger fighter, diff weight, i'm champ in other div not this one etc etc).

To truly have a legacy, you need to be a champion, than means start defending that belt from all comers. I don't think Connor wants that though, it's become the boxers mentality of never fighting anyone below you that has the potential to beat you, which is sad and part of the reason why I love MMA - to get away from that boxers mentality. It infecting this sport is nothing but bad news.

He's the one using bullshit tactics, hoping to anger Conor's team into taking the Khabib fine. Which is fine, and probably the fight that makes most sense.

You like?

giphy.gif

And then Dana uses Aldo as the boogeyman for Khabib.

Dana playing all of 'em.

dana-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

He's trolling. Woodley will be fighting much sooner, so it's not even a possibility.

If true, it says a lot that Connor is not willing to take on fights that have a chance to tarnish his stock. He always wants a no-lose situation with a built in excuse in case of a loss (i.e. bigger fighter, diff weight, i'm champ in other div not this one etc etc).

To truly have a legacy, you need to be a champion, than means start defending that belt from all comers. I don't think Connor wants that though, it's become the boxers mentality of never fighting anyone below you that has the potential to beat you, which is sad and part of the reason why I love MMA - to get away from that boxers mentality. It infecting this sport is nothing but bad news.
winning belts in multiple weight classes > defending a belt

Based on my math:

Suppose that R is regular of dimension d and that M ⊗R N has finite length. Then χ(M, N), defined as the alternating sum of the lengths of the modules ToriR(M, N) is 0 if dim M + dim N < d, and positive if the sum is equal to d. (N.B. Serre proved that the sum cannot exceed d.)

The probability is 93%.

winning belts in multiple weight classes > defending a belt
Not if you never defend any of them. Any challenger can win a belt based upon sheer odds, theres only a handful of champions that have defended it to create a lasting legacy (where odds are against you).

Consistency is the difficult part, of beating all styles and performing every time. Beating just a single person on a single night pales compared to that.

Back