KHABIB's manager: "In standup CONOR is black belt, KHABIB is white belt ..."

We have more than 2 decades of repeated evidence to the contrary... a million times over. The logic of "every round starts on the feet" meaning you should favor the better striker would mean Toney should be favored in a rematch against Couture.

And Conor knows that. It isn't rocket science. More importantly, the UFC knows that... which is why, sadly, this amazing fight likely will never happen.

James Toney, seriously? :rolleyes:

Conor is not some washed up boxer who doesn't understand anything outside the realm of boxing.

His ability to control the range and judge distance is second to none.

I love how McGregor role players never shut up about how Mayweather wouldn't last a round in MMA.

Yet at the same time, when discussing Khabib vs McGregor, they make it out as if it's all just stand-up.

We have more than 2 decades of repeated evidence to the contrary... a million times over. The logic of "every round starts on the feet" meaning you should favor the better striker would mean Toney should be favored in a rematch against Couture.

And Conor knows that. It isn't rocket science. More importantly, the UFC knows that... which is why, sadly, this amazing fight likely will never happen.

That's stupid. Toney had how many MMA fights? Couture isn't a scrub. Punk got a easier route then Toney did. Using Couture as a example, vs Chuck, how did it go in the 3 fights?

Trying to reel Conor in with the good ol bait n switch tactic

Khabib would crawl to Conor from first bell. At NO TIME would Khabib let it be standing

Not when the striker has hands like Conor.

Tough task for Khabib to get in for the takedown without getting hurt bad.

Granted it was awhile ago...but Mendes took Conor down more than once pretty easily.

When Khabib takes people down they dont get up.

CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

I have to disagree, that's some serious black belt striking shown above.
Pretty sure he won that fight though....

at least they might be realistic in their approach to winning, everyone else has tried to trade with mcg and it wasn't good except for diaz

which is why, sadly, this amazing fight likely will never happen.

Yeah, this fight is the least likely to happen.

Khabib only needs make finger to finger contact before he's all over anyone like a rabid suckerfish. Conor has nothing for Khabib once it's on the ground. Khabib can survive long enough to get it where he wants it to be.

Maybe hes trying to say Khabib has more room for improvement which isn't really a bad thing.

Even Conor calls himself a white belt in mma, but its just that everybody else is worse than that.

Granted it was awhile ago...but Mendes took Conor down more than once pretty easily.

When Khabib takes people down they dont get up.

Conor fought like a madman in that fight, threw a flying knee like 5 seconds in.

I think Khabib needs to pay a visit to Glendale Fighting Club

There is more to it then that. If the MJ fight showed anything, Khabib got rocked and wobbled. If that were Connor, Khabib would have been flat lined. MJ hurt him and he has not got nearly the accuracy or the power of Mcgregor.

Johnson put Porier out just as easily as Conor did and neither of them could put Nate out. Conor's the superior striker but I see no reason to think he has a significant power advantage over Johnson...

CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

I have to disagree, that's some serious black belt striking shown above.

He has a black belt in Flying Retard style Kung Fu.

Conor better keep working on his defensive wrestling and BJJ, but if Khabib tries that kind of move then Conor will leave a smoking crater where Khabib used to be.

Back