Khabib's dominance

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
I see a lot of posts mentioning that Khabib is not really dominant as the people he faced went on to lose but... Isn't that how the lightweight division has always been? Fiercely competitive where anyone can beat anyone on a given day?
The stuff that is said about his opposition can be said about Tony's too.
Kevin Lee went on to lose.
Edson got dominated a few times although khabib mauled him worse.
Cowboy has a number of losses, so does Pettis.
Even the people has not yet faced do have loses like Justin who was knocked out a few times.
IMO, khabib deserves credit for being undefeated where keeping a win streak going is so hard, as evident. So does Tony, both are two of the best lightweights ever, despite their opponents going on to lose because that is to be expected in the division.

If anyone discusses Khabibs dominance he is an idiot or had no idea what he is talkin about

Khabib only takes good stylistic matchups. That’s what’s held against him, also the big weight cut.
I’ll make a thread dissecting the top 5 when I get my yellow belt back.
He fights whoever the UFC puts in front of him.
Tony is also a massive weight cutter.
So is Kevin Lee.
Cowboy struggles to make 155.

Also this current crop of lightweights are incredibly overrated, Justin Gaethje and Dustin Poirer are top 5
{<jordan}{<jordan}
Even AL and Lee got there
Cowboy who is past his prime is top 5 aswell.
The previous Gen was a lot better, if Khabib didn’t get injured it would of been interesting to see how Khabib matched with the likes of Henderson Edgar, prime Cowboy, prime pettis, prime Guida, Gill, Jamie Varner ETC
Well......wow. there really is a first time for everything

bibdancer.gif

lack of wrestlers in LW make Khabib style very deadly,he said himself he is shook going to 170 because guys like Usman,Khabib
knows that he need all advantages possible to fraud us with this paper legacy.

Back