Media Khabib wrestling at AKA

Its touching seeing how invested DC is with these kids, the love and excitement he shows towards them.

Beautiful human being all around

True. DC is truly champion inside and outside the octagon. I love the way he carries himself. He performance every second of his life. His a gentleman. His good everywhere, as commentator, coach, wrestling coach, kids coach, UFC analyst, fighter, and father. Even his interviews are so smooth. DC is the definition of a class act

Last edited:
His point was that with the wall and significant size advantage, even Poirer, a considerably inferior wrestler, could probably do the same thing. You were kind enough to very smuggly inform us that there are levels to it.

Which would make sense, given Khabib is a vastly superior wrestler to Dustin, meaning there’s absolutely no reason to think he could do the same

Has Khabib ever tried out fot the Russian olympic team? If he is such a great wrestler, you would think that might be something he would want to try.
Do you even understand the pool depth in Russian wrestling?
It's insanely hard to make your way to the top there,so those who fight in MMA did not make it in wrestling there.
Those who wrestle there are like 10x better wrestlers then any mma fighters from Russia.

Because hes comparing Conor vs floyd to khabin vs a 15 year old lol
and another thing....Chase is 19yrs old in less than 3months time. So...18yrs9months currently.

Of course, D5-Wrestler, I know you don't care in the slightest for facts.

"Never Let the Facts Get in the Way of a Good Story".

Gilroy meaning a high school kid?

Edit, looks like their 152lber so khabib has probably 30 lbs on him
This is not a competition. This is a training room. These HS school kids are lucky to have this opportunity to wrestle with grown men world class fighters. It only makes them better.

Cool vid thanks.

I learned from this vid (and Google) that "If you are down on the mat in control of your opponent, you cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers or arms around your opponent's body or both legs unless you have met criteria for a near pin of your opponent, or your opponent stands up and has all his/her weight on two feet, or you have lifted the opponent off the mat."

Which seems like a dumb rule to me which would create bad habits in MMA. But I don't wrestle so maybe someone with experience in both freestyle and folkstyle can educate me.
Wrestling in high school (without being able to lock my hands) helped me develop better riding control. When you can't lock your hands, you develop skills like the Spiral Ride, leg riding and certain breakdowns.

Years later, when I finally got into BJJ and MMA, it was so easy to ride someone's back, especially now that I am allowed to lock my hands.

U8xerT.gif
Yes yes... That would be enough.

Or maybe touching some butts would do the trick:
2gdrwfZ.gif

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Do you even understand the pool depth in Russian wrestling?
It's insanely hard to make your way to the top there,so those who fight in MMA did not make it in wrestling there.
Those who wrestle there are like 10x better wrestlers then any mma fighters from Russia.

olympic Gold in Russia = you are the man & you get all the hot russian chicks

{<redford}

Khoward would never have the balls to publicly wrestle a D1 all American like GSP did with Otto Olson. Instead this dude is wrestling significantly smaller teenagers, unreal.

Who cares who "won" or who weighed more, I just took that it's great these kids get to train with top UFC fighters.

The OP wasnt posting this in a competitive way but trolls steered the discussion to that direction unfortunately.

Can you imagine these kids reading Sherdog and seeing adults argue over who won the wrestling practice video lol
I'm just waiting for someone to do some background research on these kids and make some power point presentation breakdown about some high level youth wrestler that trains with a pro fighter with their credentials -- it's only a matter of time before some poor kid has these folks debating on a damn MMA forum haha

I dunno, the wrestler looked small and not nearly as skilled.
To sharpen technique roll with people you can muscle and practice fitting in the subs,
but if you want to improve wrestling you got to go with stronger guys.

Gilroy meaning a high school kid?

Edit, looks like their 152lber so khabib has probably 30 lbs on him
This deep into camp? Nah. Khabib is usually under 180 by now. He's probably 15 lbs heavier. 20 max.

Khabib routinely rolls with the big college wrestlers like Ruth and Crutchmer when they're available. Having a cool down or soft round to let a good highschool wrestler work is fine imo. So long as he still gets those hard rounds in.

Khoward would never have the balls to publicly wrestle a D1 all American like GSP did with Otto Olson. Instead this dude is wrestling significantly smaller teenagers, unreal.

He rolls with D1 all Americans too. AKA is full of them

Has Khabib ever tried out fot the Russian olympic team? If he is such a great wrestler, you would think that might be something he would want to try.
He dedicated himself to Sambo, where he became champion.

Back