Media Khabib wrestling at AKA

Gilroy meaning a high school kid?

Edit, looks like their 152lber so khabib has probably 30 lbs on him

U8xerT.gif

Sick. Khabib gives you no room at all.

Bet this higschool kid could outwrestle most of the ufc 155er's. Thats what he does, he wrestles with killers every day, the kid is good.
Eh who knows . Khabib stuffs one good shot the kid gets then bullies him against the wall or stalls on top the rest of the clip. Doesn't show much except khabin has about 30lb on him and can hold him down with legs in. Dustin poirier at 190lb would do the same

Eh who knows . Khabib stuffs one good shot the kid gets then bullies him against the wall or stalls on top the rest of the clip. Doesn't show much except khabin has about 30lb on him and can hold him down with legs in. Dustin poirier at 190lb would do the same
Pretty sure dustin also got held down by khabib just like that, levels bud, levels to it

Tai Tuivasa is also wrestling in the video

Its good to see that he is training all the way at AKA

Lol, takedown by tripping him against the wall, where’s that gorilla guy to talk about the superior freestyle takedowns where they put walls around the mat lol

From 13:30 min till the end.

Cool vid thanks.

I learned from this vid (and Google) that "If you are down on the mat in control of your opponent, you cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers or arms around your opponent's body or both legs unless you have met criteria for a near pin of your opponent, or your opponent stands up and has all his/her weight on two feet, or you have lifted the opponent off the mat."

Which seems like a dumb rule to me which would create bad habits in MMA. But I don't wrestle so maybe someone with experience in both freestyle and folkstyle can educate me.

Cool vid thanks.

I learned from this vid (and Google) that "If you are down on the mat in control of your opponent, you cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers or arms around your opponent's body or both legs unless you have met criteria for a near pin of your opponent, or your opponent stands up and has all his/her weight on two feet, or you have lifted the opponent off the mat."

Which seems like a dumb rule to me which would create bad habits in MMA. But I don't wrestle so maybe someone with experience in both freestyle and folkstyle can educate me.
Its way harder to get out of positions if your opponet has his hands locked, its why dustin couldnt pull off that switch on khabib when he tried twice, khabib's hands stayed locked and dustin just ended up getting into a worse position.

His point was that dustin could also hold down the kid, you ok there?
His point was that with the wall and significant size advantage, even Poirer, a considerably inferior wrestler, could probably do the same thing. You were kind enough to very smuggly inform us that there are levels to it.

From 13:30 min till the end.

love these kind of training videos. Thanks for sharing man. You can feel the camaraderie in that room, and great for the young wrestlers getting some real mat time with Khabib and Makhachev etc. DC and Khabib's interactions are always fun and entertaining.

Back