Khabib won't be fighting at UFC 200 because of Ramadan

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
According to a recent interview with riakchr.ru, Khabib was initially offered a fight at the landmark UFC 200 show in Las Vegas but rejected the offer when he realized it conflicts with Ramadan and the Eid holiday that followed.

"I could not take part in the anniversary tournament. When the UFC asked me, I realized it was that June UFC 200 is between Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr. We will probably watch it on TV."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/22/11092598/khabib-rejected-fight-at-ufc-200-because-of-ramadan

Is "Ramadan" some new ligament injury?

On switching the television on, he injures himself and is out until UFC: Halal Edition.

its a time for those who fear triple digits takedowns to rest comfortably

Muslims take religion more serious than west's cafeteria Christians. I can respect that but he's losing out on a huge opportunity.

I can understand. It always amazed me that Hakeem Olajuwon would play in the nba during Ramadan. I can't imagine a full Mma fight during then. Just regular training classes are a bear during that time

I can respect that the same way I can respect Christians and Jews observing their religious holiday. Pastafarians, on the other hand, get no respect from me. My italian side makes it impossible for me to like them.

Last edited:
Respect, but holy shit there are some funny jokes itt

lol this guy is fucking ridiculous. Maybe in 2021 when the moon is just right, when his body has fully healed and all religious holidays have been observed MAYBE he'll be back in the octagon.

GTFO

Why would they want a guy who hasn't finished a fight in years on their biggest card anyway? He should have sinned and just went to Mecca afterwards for penance.

it means conor wont lose during ramadan,you should all be happy

Ramadan Khabib would challenge DJ for the FLW title

Speaking from experience

image.jpg

Back