Khabib will never be P4P Great if he fights GSP at 55

Khabib living rent free in everyones head.

<36>

It would make him the greatest fighter of all time.

i dunno man...he could get there without GSP IMO.... beat dustin, Beat tony, beat conor again going 30-0 in the UFC has to put him in the goat talks... i guess it depends on how he wins. Imagine he smashes tony..that in itself will have sherdog all over his dick

plus lets be real here guys.. GSP wants the fight at 55 so he can have that on his resume too. dont put this all on khabib lol
Even if Khabib wins the fights you laid out, he would still only have 7 top 10 wins in his career (Conor x2, Tony, Dustin, Barboza, RDA, and Healy). That's a great resume, but it's simply not enough quality wins to be in the GOAT discussion. Not when you have guys like GSP, Fedor, Anderson, MM, and Aldo who have double that amount of ranked wins. And the "but he'd be undefeated" argument isn't particularly compelling when you consider that pretty much everyone thought he lost 30-27 to Tibau. Khabib is a monster, but he has plenty more work to do if he wants to be considered GOAT.

I do agree with your second point. GSP is all about building his resume. I think Khabib would be more than happy to fight GSP at 170 or a catchweight. But GSP has openly stated that he only wants "legacy fights" (e.g., collect belts).

Even if Khabib wins the fights you laid out, he would still only have 7 top 10 wins in his career (Conor x2, Tony, Dustin, Barboza, RDA, and Healy). That's a great resume, but it's simply not enough quality wins to be in the GOAT discussion. Not when you have guys like GSP, Fedor, Anderson, MM, and Aldo who have double that amount of ranked wins. And the "but he'd be undefeated" argument isn't particularly compelling when you consider that pretty much everyone thought he lost 30-27 to Tibau. Khabib is a monster, but he has plenty more work to do if he wants to be considered GOAT.

I do agree with your second point. GSP is all about building his resume. I think Khabib would be more than happy to fight GSP at 170 or a catchweight. But GSP has openly stated that he only wants "legacy fights" (e.g., collect belts).

like i said i think HOW he wins those fights is what makes or breaks him... but you are talking 2 LW champs, 2 interim champs barboza,Al,MJ? thats insane. If he was to finish all of these guys he HAS to be in consideration. Think of how good RDA looked as champ and how good tony is...its a tall drink of water but imgaine he finishes those guys lol.

having never lost would put him in rarefied air. enough so that it would close the gap on the accomplishment list. IMHO

like i said i think HOW he wins those fights is what makes or breaks him... but you are talking 2 LW champs, 2 interim champs barboza,Al,MJ? thats insane. If he was to finish all of these guys he HAS to be in consideration. Think of how good RDA looked as champ and how good tony is...its a tall drink of water but imgaine he finishes those guys lol.

having never lost would put him in rarefied air. enough so that it would close the gap on the accomplishment list. IMHO
I hear what you're saying, but like I said, there are a ton of guys who beat twice as many quality opponents as Khabib. And even we factor in finishes, as you suggest (thereby taking out guys like GSP and Aldo), you still have guys like Anderson, Fedor, MM, and Jones who beat more ranked opponents AND demolished them. Let's not be a prisoner of the moment. Khabib has plenty of work to do.

And if you bring in the "undefeated" argument, the intelligent thing to do is dig deeper. And when you dig deeper, you realize that he lost to Tibau. Personally, I don't hold it against Khabib; he was young and has obviously improved a ton since then. But bringing up the undefeated argument and ignoring the Tibau fight is far too superficial.

I didn't see the part where Khabib says it has to be at 155. I do know GSP wants it to be at 155, & for the LW belt. GSP wants it that way for legacy purposes eg 1st 3 weight class champ in MMA

Back