khabib will miss weight on purpose. Would be the smart move.

Let me play Mystic Mac for you right now.

1.) khabib will start negotiations and hold out for 7 mil.

2.) ufc will whittle it down to 5 mil. Fight will be signed.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

Explain to me why khabib wouldn't do this?

He will.

At first i thought great idea and then i thought if conor won theyd give him the belt anyway

Dana will give conor the belt even if he gets smashed by khabib

if khabib came in at 156, conor excepted the fight, khabib then goes out and smashes Conor and literally puts him in the hospital.

the ufc won't strip khabib. they just won't.... no matter how much you want to believe

It's not what I want to believe, it's facts. If Conor or whoever accepted a catche weight fight it would be a non title fight and khabib would keep his belt.

If the fight is a title fight and khabib misses weight and his opponent makes weight. He is stripped. That is fact. Before the fight he would be stripped.

At first i thought great idea and then i thought if conor won theyd give him the belt anyway
Of course they would. Conor would be fighting for the title.
But a weight advantage over Conor would be ideal especially with khabibs style

Of course they would. Conor would be fighting for the title.
But a weight advantage over Conor would be ideal especially with khabibs style

What im saying is that according to the rules and established precedents it can't be for the title if the champ doesnt make weight. But theyd give it to conor because thats the kind of special treatment he has enjoyed his whole career

It's not what I want to believe, it's facts. If Conor or whoever accepted a catche weight fight it would be a non title fight and khabib would keep his belt.

If the fight is a title fight and khabib misses weight and his opponent makes weight. He is stripped. That is fact. Before the fight he would be stripped.

Link me this rule.

retarded idea. real athletes don't think they will lose.

Honestly, there is a REAL possibility that Khabib misses accidentally. He is a massive LW and he needs to make 55 on the dot now. Lets not forget he got sent to the hospital last year, when he was like ten pounds out.

Post a link that shows me that rule, oh wait you can't because it's up to the discretion of the promotion. The UFC would not strip khabib if he destroys Conor. sry buddy
It wouldn't be a title fight for Khabib if he missed weight. Get it through your thick head.

I usually think posters this blatantly dumb are trolls, but it's pretty clear you just don't know what you're talking about.

It wouldn't be a title fight for Khabib if he missed weight.

duh. I'm telling you if khabib came in at 156 and smashed Connor they wouldn't strip him no matter how much you want to make your case.

If Jon Jones missed weight they wouldn't strip Jon Jones and you know it in your heart of hearts so stop arguing with me.

Moral of this thread is this...

Khabib can fight Conor at any weight, smash him and remain the champion.

if khabib came in at 156, conor excepted the fight, khabib then goes out and smashes Conor and literally puts him in the hospital.

the ufc won't strip khabib. they just won't.... no matter how much you want to believe
Khabib would have already been stripped prior to the fight, upon missing weight. Should Conor even accept the fight against an overweight Khabib, it would be for a vacant belt, which Khabib would not be eligible to win. Therefore, the result of the bout, or the manner of victory, would be irrelevant for Nurmagomedov.

The more I think of it, the stupider this plan is. Khabib giving up his only bargaining chip for a potential few lbs advantage is far from a smart move.

Are you sure you're not a troll @elbowsandwiches?

Let me play Mystic Mac for you right now.

1.) khabib will start negotiations and hold out for 7 mil.

2.) ufc will whittle it down to 5 mil. Fight will be signed.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

Explain to me why khabib wouldn't do this?

He will.
Conor still gets a chance to win the belt even if khabib is over weight.

You not making anymore threads is a smart move, might be the most retarded thing I have read on here in some time

Back