khabib will miss weight on purpose. Would be the smart move.

Why would you think Conor would refuse?
Because he can afford to, and if Khabib gets stripped due to missing weight in a title fight, Conor doesn't have to fight him to get the belt back. It'd either be left vacant, or knowing Endeavour's weird promotional choices, just straight up given back to Conor.

Wrong. You've misunderstood the protocol. If the challenger misses weight the title is off the line. If the champion misses weight then he loses the title regardless of the result, and the challenger is elibigle to win.

Now, this is at the UFC's discretion, so they could keep it on Khabib if they really wanted to.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, yes Conor would still be fighting for the title....khabib coming in overweight gives him an advantage thus a higher probability of winning

Let me play Mystic Mac for you right now.

1.) khabib will start negotiations and hold out for 7 mil.

2.) ufc will whittle it down to 5 mil. Fight will be signed.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

Explain to me why khabib wouldn't do this?

He will.
You're an Idiot.

Because he can afford to, and if Khabib gets stripped due to missing weight in a title fight, Conor doesn't have to fight him to get the belt back. It'd either be left vacant, or knowing Endeavour's weird promotional choices, just straight up given back to Conor.
i highly doubt all that. You're saying if Conor loses they will give him the belt anyway? Come on dude

If he missed weight Connor would still get the title shot if he made weight

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, yes Conor would still be fighting for the title....khabib coming in overweight gives him an advantage thus a higher probability of winning
But Khabib would lose his title regardless, and would have to fight again to get his title back.

Last edited:
i highly doubt all that. You're saying if Conor loses they will give him the belt anyway? Come on dude
I'm saying Khabib will be stripped if he misses weight. Then, if Conor doesn't elect to fight an overweight Khabib, the belt will be vacant. Endeavour can then either make a fight for a vacant belt, which will involve McGregor anway, or potentially just hand him the belt back to give the casuals something to jizz about.

But Khabib would lose his title regardless, and would have to fight againt ot get his title back.
No he wouldn't, if he wins the match he remains the champion even if he comes in overweight

Let me play Mystic Mac for you right now.

1.) khabib will start negotiations and hold out for 7 mil.

2.) ufc will whittle it down to 5 mil. Fight will be signed.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

Explain to me why khabib wouldn't do this?

He will.
If the champion misses weight for a title defense, he loses the belt immediately and only the challenger (if they make weight) will be able to win the title.

If Khabib missed weight, he'd lose the title before the fight starts, along with millions of dollars.

It would be incredibly stupid and only hurt Khabib. That's why.

No he wouldn't, if he wins the match he remains the champion even if he comes in overweight
No, if you miss weight in a title fight as the champion the protocol is that you lose the title and only the challenger has the opportunity to win it. If the challenger loses, then the title is just vacant.

I'm saying Khabib will be stripped if he misses weight. Then, if Conor doesn't elect to fight an overweight Khabib, the belt will be vacant. Endeavour can then either make a fight for a vacant belt, which will involve McGregor anway, or potentially just hand him the belt back to give the casuals something to jizz about.
You think if khabib doesn't make weight and wins the fight, the UFC will strip him? Nah bro

If the champion misses weight for a title defense, he loses the belt immediately and only the challenger (if they make weight) will be able to win the title.

If Khabib missed weight, he'd lose the title before the fight starts, along with millions of dollars.

It would be incredibly stupid and only hurt Khabib. That's why.
You were completely wrong dude. If khabib misses weight..... and gets an advantage to beat Conor and wins the fight, he remains the champion I'm not sure what you're talking about

No, if you miss weight in a title fight as the champion the protocol is that you lose the title and only the challenger has the opportunity to win it. If the challenger loses, then the title is just vacant.
So if khabib comes in at 156 he's no longer the champion? Automatically? before the fight even starts? Dude I don't think so

Back