khabib will miss weight on purpose. Would be the smart move.

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Let me play Mystic Mac for you right now.

1.) khabib will start negotiations and hold out for 7 mil.

2.) ufc will whittle it down to 5 mil. Fight will be signed.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

Explain to me why khabib wouldn't do this?

He will.

3.) khabib will come in overweight on purpose, thus making the title ineligible, and khabib still makes 4 million. (20% purse)

He will.

Why doesn't Floyd do it every fight?

UPDATE: The guy is a troll. Ignore this thread.

Last edited:

He will.
That's a big risk to take if Conor refuses the fight, Khabib gets stripped and walks away with nothing.

He will.

Explain to me why UFC wouldn't strip the belt from Khabib anyway and give it to Conor in case Conor beats him? They would.

because it's a huge risk, no way he'd ever do it. He could easily be stripped. By missing weight he'd be giving the UFC the upper hand over him

Because he'd lose the title?

@elbowsandwiches ignored my response, because he's an obvious troll and this thread is a clickbait.

Don't feed this thing.

No he wouldn't, the title would be ineligible
No, there were precedents, where championship belt would be vacated by the champ, who missed weight. Only the challenger, who made weight is eligible to win. If former champ wins - title is vacated

Khabib will refuse to leave the bus and the fight will get cancelled

I predict deez tingz

No he wouldn't, the title would be ineligible
Wrong. You've misunderstood the protocol. If the challenger misses weight the title is off the line. If the champion misses weight then he loses the title regardless of the result, and the challenger is elibigle to win.

Now, this is at the UFC's discretion, so they could keep it on Khabib if they really wanted to.

Conor would still fight for the belt if Khabib didn't make weight, it wasn't Conor that failed to make weight, that's what happens with interims anyways so can't see why this wouldn't apply here.

So? People are people in any sport. You assume that would be a smart move for Khabib, why wouldn't it be the same for Floyd?
Different contracts homie, different rules, different sport, what part do you not get

Back