Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

this is why I dont care who wins, division is messed up either way

same with dc brock

GSP looking for LW fights, coming down from MW - but wasnt big enough to fight at MW his whole career when Andy was champ. Biggest coward in UFC championship history.

Hahaha. Calling a guy who fought all comers in his weightclass for years, retired due to suffering dementia like symptoms only to come back and fight for a title against an extremely experienced durable and underrated guy in a higher weightclass a "coward" might be the funniest thing I've read all day.

Especially when that man was also very open and honest about how anxious and scared he was before fights yet still had the courage to make the walk and dominate pretty much everybody.

What have you done that makes you a ballsier man than GSP? Just curious.

Hahaha. Calling a guy who fought all comers in his weightclass for years, retired due to suffering dementia like symptoms only to come back and fight for a title against an extremely experienced durable and underrated guy in a higher weightclass a "coward" might be the funniest thing I've read all day.

Especially when that man was also very open and honest about how anxious and scared he was before fights yet still had the courage to make the walk and dominate pretty much everybody.

What have you done that makes you a ballsier man than GSP? Just curious.

Never brought myself into. GSP takes the safest route possible in his fights and in his career decisions. Not top 3 goat.

Never brought myself into. GSP takes the safest route possible in his fights and in his career decisions. Not top 3 goat.

How do you figure? He fought the best there was in his weightclass always and aside from never fighting Anderson you have no argument ( Anderson and Aldo are my all time favorites btw)

He returned after 5 years of inactivity to fight a dangerous middleweight at the peak of his career as his return fight and now wants the biggest fight he can get. If anyone has earned the chance to pick and chose the fights he wants its GSP.

How do you figure? He fought the best there was in his weightclass always and aside from never fighting Anderson you have no argument ( Anderson and Aldo are my all time favorites btw)

He returned after 5 years of inactivity to fight a dangerous middleweight at the peak of his career as his return fight and now wants the biggest fight he can get. If anyone has earned the chance to pick and chose the fights he wants its GSP.

bisping easier fight than woodley - its a given hed fight for title. Broke his contractual word of fighting bobby knuckles, who wouldve murked him easily

and MW suddenly only became an option when the champ was bisping (weak champ, stylistically a good fight for gsp)

bisping easier fight than woodley - its a given hed fight for title. Broke his contractual word of fighting bobby knuckles, who wouldve murked him easily

Lol, the last sentence is pure speculation and honestly who would you pick in a Bisping vs Tyron fight?

Even Chael had trouble taking Bisping down and his height reach and volume would give Tyron big problems.

Never thought about that match up before but now that I have I think I would have to favor Bisping.

and MW suddenly only became an option when the champ was bisping (weak champ, stylistically a good fight for gsp)

Taller, longer reach, volume striker and not known as an easy guy to take down and keep there plus a significant size advantage. Am I missing the part that makes him a good stylistic match up for GSP? Maybe you can help me out here.

He will fight Tony. He said that is his dream fight. Conor then Tony and then maybe GSP otherwise Poirier or Kevin Lee.

Relative to GOAT, Porier doesn't do much. Holloway was incredibly green. He's a very different fighter now.

Alvarez went 4-3 in the UFC, with 2 wins via SD. He's a good fighter but in the overall, a win over him is something between okay and good.

The only big win that Connie has in the all time is Aldo.

What stands out just as much as that is his loss to Nasty Nate.

A 1 hitter quitter fight looks bad ass and is awesome but what's much more telling is fighting a guy for over half an hour. The Nasty Nate fights said more about Conor as a fighter than the Aldo fight did.
Holloway was only his second ufc fight too.
Alverez was a boss and deserves a lot more respect.
Poirier fair enough but he's a good gatekeeper.

Nasty Nate was two fights at 170... Not many if any transfer up two weight classes and compete at three??

Just out of curiosity, how do you rate khabibs record?
RDA, barboza, mj...

Green Holloway
Chinny Poirier who got laid out a couple fights later
Nate Diaz? lol anyone half decent can beat him easily.. check his record.. yet Conor tapped for dear life.
Alvarez was a great dominating win though I'll give you that.

Styles make fights and in a couple months we won't hear about Conor anymore.

Holloway was Mcg's second fight in the ufc.
Poirier is a solid gatekeeper
Nate diaz was at 170...mcg was competing at 145 and training for 155.
Alverez and aldo were both slapped around as bad as brimage and siver.

Khabib is one of the best (maybe the best) fighters on the roster at the moment, but he matches up horribly with GSP.

GSP was beating far bigger grapplers, like Fitch, Kos, Shields with ease. The only opponement where GSP really had trouble with recently is a powerfull southpaw in Hendricks. I see GSP just jabbing Khabib to a broken orbital for 5 rounds to be honest.

Even an old GSP would absolutely handle Conor and Khabib on the same night.

Khabib and his father made a mistake calling him out.

Lol, the last sentence is pure speculation and honestly who would you pick in a Bisping vs Tyron fight?

Even Chael had trouble taking Bisping down and his height reach and volume would give Tyron big problems.

Never thought about that match up before but now that I have I think I would have to favor Bisping.

no the last sentence states that GSP broke his contractual word by ducking Whittaker. Ask Dana, president...

And woodley would merk Bisping. Prime Bisping is solid 5-8 spot contender at MW. I respect him and all but he is not the tougher fight than Woodley at 170. I think you are really reaching. Bobby Knuckles would wreck GSP! If vegas made odds on that fight - wait, i think vegas did make odds on that fight when GSP signed the contract, and it was like Whittaker -300. Maybe GSP could pull the upset, but my brain says no. Yoel also KOS gsp and makes him shit his pants in the cage. Funny to go up to a division for one tailor made fight and dip because there are like 8 guys that would wreck you.

Jacare
Yoel
Rockhold
Weidman
Whittaker
Yoel
Yoel

gastelum would get beat by gsp... probably... maybe... unles Kelvin sleeps him

Taller, longer reach, volume striker and not known as an easy guy to take down and keep there plus a significant size advantage. Am I missing the part that makes him a good stylistic match up for GSP? Maybe you can help me out here.

Ask Dr. Phil for help, not me - if you dont see how Bisping was the more winnable of title fights available.

It was a super competitive one. A great fight for the ages.

Holloway and Poirer certainly weren't the fighters they are now. When you beat someone matters, and he beat them both before they'd done anything of note.

Alvarez is a good win though.
Again, even if they were not the fighters they are today (Conor probably wasn't as well by the way) they are still miles away from anyone khabib beat in the UFC besides Edson and RDA.

Again, even if they were not the fighters they are today (Conor probably wasn't as well by the way) they are still miles away from anyone khabib beat in the UFC besides Edson and RDA.
Hey I said in this very thread Khabib isn't close to goat. His resume isn't great, although obviously being undefeated helps.

Just saying beating a guy when hes green doesn't just become a top five win, if that guy becomes top five years later.

GSP is too big and too skilled for Khabib. Khabib is great at wrestling against the cage and has a good low single, but GSP is the best MMA wrestler of all time and is light years ahead on the feet.

Back