Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

Wont call him the GOAT until he fulfills jis destiny and fighta Tony

<{JustBleed}>

Noooo if he doesn't fight tony ferguson that would be a disaster, <Ellaria01>they HAVE to fight, otherwise how will we know who the best lightweight of all time is? {<huh}Also khabib is too young to retire got at least 7-8 years left, I hope he doesn't retire.<Sansa00>

So I guess defending your title is not the popular thing among champs anymore. Winning it is good enough now.

Best part has been people on the forum wanting Conor to fight Khabib and lose before he was stripped because Khabib would be "an active champion fighting all contenders".

Easy win for GSP and I’m a Khabib fan.
GSP is a nightmare matchup for him stylistically.

He said this long ago, and that is exactly how it will play out. This is my prediction right now, you will see when it happens.

He always said his dream goal was to fight GSP at MSG and then retire undefeated. GSP has said he wants to fight Khabib.

Khabib beats Conor, then GSP, then retires undefeated. Where will he stand in GOAT status if he does this?
<Prem973>

GSP is too much for Khabib, even at 37.

Jesus christ, GSP is 37 already...

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.
How are Holloway, Poirer and Eddie not good wins? Certainly more solid then anyone Khabib has fought besides RDA and Barboza.

He said this long ago, and that is exactly how it will play out. This is my prediction right now, you will see when it happens.

He always said his dream goal was to fight GSP at MSG and then retire undefeated. GSP has said he wants to fight Khabib.

Khabib beats Conor, then GSP, then retires undefeated. Where will he stand in GOAT status if he does this?

gsp is all talk. I don't see him coming back.

Relative to all time, Khabib hasn't done much in MMA.

RDA and Barboza are his 2 good wins. Everyone else he has fought is somewhere between okay and good.

In the all time, wins over RDA and Barboza do almost nothing.

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.

Khabib being 26-0 is a really nice number. There's not a ton behind it other than that he has won a lot.

I don't think beating Connie will do much. Beating 37 year old GSP isn't the same as beating 27 year old Georges.

While I do have GSP as GOAT, GOAT isn't a belt. You don't beat the GOAT then become the GOAT.

It's an accumulation of achievements and Khabib is just too far from that.

Not gonna mention Poirier or holloway?
Let alone Alverez and how it was won? You know, the actual lightweight champ...
Or even the two fights at welterweight straight from featherweight?
Fair.

Fighting GSP isn’t a smart move for people that want to stay undefeated.
GSP isn't getting younger. Can he make lightweight and not have adverse effects? I think GSP at this current point in time gets out grappled by Khabib and I mean the standup is close to a toss up with GSP having the edge right now.(Even though GSP should on paper handily when the stand up). They might just jab each other in the face repeatedly. Would be rooting for GSP. If he takes a tune up fight against a lightweight wins that and then beats Khabib/Conor GOAT discussions would be over. That's just my opinion. And I am an Anderson Silva Stan.

Add Tony, Porier and Lee to the list and he can be considered.

It depends how GSP handles the cut. Khabib has incredible grappling but GSP has made his name off out wrestling NCAA studs.

If Khabib couldn't consistently find the take down it would be a long night for him.

I definitely think Georges would put fists in Khabib's face more than we've ever seen. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if GSP bulled Nurmagomedov to the mat right away.

The only perceivable way Khabib wins is if he can find the take down like he has all his other fights or a lucky haymaker.

Not gonna mention Poirier or holloway?
Let alone Alverez and how it was won? You know, the actual lightweight champ...
Or even the two fights at welterweight straight from featherweight?
Fair.

Relative to GOAT, Porier doesn't do much. Holloway was incredibly green. He's a very different fighter now.

Alvarez went 4-3 in the UFC, with 2 wins via SD. He's a good fighter but in the overall, a win over him is something between okay and good.

The only big win that Connie has in the all time is Aldo.

What stands out just as much as that is his loss to Nasty Nate.

A 1 hitter quitter fight looks bad ass and is awesome but what's much more telling is fighting a guy for over half an hour. The Nasty Nate fights said more about Conor as a fighter than the Aldo fight did.

He loses to Conor, GSP loses to either.

GSP looking for LW fights, coming down from MW - but wasnt big enough to fight at MW his whole career when Andy was champ. Biggest coward in UFC championship history.

There's no way in hell Khabib can defeat GSP.

Relative to GOAT, Porier doesn't do much. Holloway was incredibly green. He's a very different fighter now.

Alvarez went 4-3 in the UFC, with 2 wins via SD. He's a good fighter but in the overall, a win over him is something between okay and good.

The only big win that Connie has in the all time is Aldo.

What stands out just as much as that is his loss to Nasty Nate.

A 1 hitter quitter fight looks bad ass and is awesome but what's much more telling is fighting a guy for over half an hour. The Nasty Nate fights said more about Conor as a fighter than the Aldo fight did.

Kind of ridiculous to call him 4-3 considering one of those losses was to Conor, and let's be honest..both Poirer fights were controversial. Still he's a top 5 guy. So was Cerrone. So was Conor. All of Eddie's wins have also been against top 5 guys. He's also 34 and taken a lot of damage. it's ridiculous to sit there and say even today he isn't one of the best LWs, and certainly over the course of his career.

Poirer is a good all around fighter that has been relatively consistent for years. He was a top 5 guy at FW when Conor beat him.

Holloway was green, not incredibly by any means. He was already one of the best strikers in the division at that age. He arguably beat Bermudez who would climb to top 5 within months. Conor was green too though. They both started training the same year.

You say the Aldo fight is the only good win he has, which only a select few fighters can claim a win as impressive. Yet diminish it because he lost to a top 5 fighter a weight class higher at an even higher weight class cause he couldn't make the weight? Then came back and beat him in that very long fight you are claim is more telling?

Like every Conor hater, you are full of shit and just spreading lies to try and prove a false narrative that Conor isn't one of the great of all time. He swept the FW division outside of Frankie, and then went to higher weight classes beating some of the best, and is now looking to finish the rest of them off. He even went to a sport he doesn't even compete in and garnered universal praise against an arguable GOAT of the sport.

You're absolutely ridiculous, and pathetic!

Back