Khabib walks around heavier than GSP , both 5"10. A 'Legacy' fight needs to be at 170 or catchweight

GSP fans are the most delusional fanbase at this point.

Lmao yes, GSP is a tiny WW according to you dorks.

egg fucking zackly,

who the fuck would give GSP the chance to whoop your champ and then just fuck off and vacate before ever defending.... again
The UFC ... they have such a hard on for multi-division champs they just might do it for the potential 3-division champ possibility. Not to mention GSP vs. Khabib would do smashing PPV numbers.

No it doesn't. Khabib is a LW and if GSP wants the fight, it happens on the A Side's terms. 155 or 160 potentially.
kabeebs is NOT A side of that fight. GSP is A side vs anyone other than Conor n thays strictly do to draw power.

Khabib should want it at 170 because a win over an old GSP who has fought once in many years and would be fighting at 155 for the first time would be meaningless.

For GSP though it would be amazing for his legacy if he won at 155.

kabeebs is NOT A side of that fight. GSP is A side vs anyone other than Conor n thays strictly do to draw power.
That's why this fight is now or never. They are equals in international drawing power right now. GSP already in 40's, the real question is the weight.

Or GSP teases us once again says nvm forget it I'm retired. I hope he does. But.. he'll make millions so make it. At 155. lol. Smartest move for him it wont affect his legacy and Khabib doesnt expose 170lb Khabib. Much more valuable to keep that a mystery.

I am becoming "too real" for Sherdog...

No it doesn't. Khabib is a LW and if GSP wants the fight, it happens on the A Side's terms. 155 or 160 potentially.
When does a guy at the ligher weight ever call out a heavier fight to cut down to his weight? It just doesn't make sense to me.

If it is a 'legacy fight', they meet in the middle at catchweight 165 Ibs.
Otherwise Khabib steps up and tests himself at 170 where he has fought before.
Considering Khabib literally almost died trying to make 155 shows it is unnatural and totally unfair to force GSPs body to try it for the first time.

If he is a true FIGHTER he fights GSP where GSP is a legend at 170.

He already has the age advantage he wants every advantage he can get.

I see no reason for GSP to challenge a guy in a lower weightclass he never fought in before.

LOL
GSP fanboys already crying and making excuses.
Khabib is the 155 LBs champion.
GSP is the one calling him out.

Wasn't this the very excuse they gave when Silva called GSP? That Silva was the one who had to go down and face GSP?

LOL! Bunch of insecure hypocrites.

But gsp is way past his prime. He hasn't looked nearly as explosive since his ACL tear. This fight does nothing for either but make them money. If Khabib wins, who cares? GSP is not half the fighter he once was. If GSP wins, who cares? He's a WW and Khabib is a LW

If GSP wins at LW, it shows that he is the greatest welterweight of all time even fighting one weight class up from one he could have made.

all this walking around weight stuff is mostly basely and entirely useless

as a fan, I would love to see this fight

I don't want the weight to be the discussion point.

catch weight makes sense to me. 160-165.

I don't want Khabib having to jump up a full 15. I have a lot of confidence in GSP making 155 if he says that he can but why take the risk that he is not effective? I did not think he looked very good at 185. better to just do it at 162 or something.

It is not like GSP is going to defend at 155 if he wins

GSP wouldn't go up to 185 to fight Anderson on a one fight deal, why would Khabib do the same to appease GSP? I'm just playing devil's advocate as a huge fan of both GSP and Khabib. Anyways, GSP seemingly has a bigger frame than Khabib, but I was always under the impression that GSP wanted it to be at 155 for that third belt. Other's on the thread think they're smart for calling it that people will say khabib isn't huge for LW... Not a bold prediction on their part seeing that Khabib really isn't some HUGE LW. He might not have been the best at cutting weight and messed up his weight cut because of it but there are plenty of people cutting more weight, that are much larger for their weights. We could bring up Connor's FW pics for example. In any event, I'd say for a one off, true, fair, dream, all star match up a direct meet in the middle at 162.5 would be ideal for the most competitive terms. At this point, I honestly don't know who I'd favor. EEEEKKK

When does a guy at the ligher weight ever call out a heavier fight to cut down to his weight? It just doesn't make sense to me.

GSP was calling out Khabib and saying he could make 155, it's how the hype for this fight started. Khabib didn't suddenly just want to jump up to 170 and start fighting WWs

GSP fans are the most delusional fanbase at this point.

Lmao yes, GSP is a tiny WW according to you dorks.

Almost as bad as Fedor fanboys saying Fedor is a natural MW

GSP was calling out Khabib and saying he could make 155, it's how the hype for this fight started. Khabib didn't suddenly just want to jump up to 170 and start fighting WWs
my bad, i just knew that Khabib had talked about wanting to fight GSP.

Exactly
I'll always call Khabib a pussy for not stepping up tp fight GSP, his idol at his weight.
Especially since khabib started at 170 and GSPs body is not used to cutting that much.

"I'll fight Mike Tyson, but only when hes past 40, and if he drops down to 170"

Joke.

Back