Khabib walks around heavier than GSP , both 5"10. A 'Legacy' fight needs to be at 170 or catchweight

Ali is just trying to sell the fight

Khabib is only 175ish in shape. I'd be down for 165. Seems fair for both sides.

Khabib is undefeated and should stay that way. He should clean out his division and start with Tony. If GSP can make the weight Khabib will take him out too. If he goes up to 165 or 170 he gets beat but at 155 he is the king for now.

A lot of people will shit on you and swear Khabib isn't a big LW and ignore all your other points.
I will gladly shit on all his other points too.

GSP is retired. Khabib is a LW champ. Stop this insanity already. Khabib fights Tony and then Justin (if he wins).

And I for one will be happy when this whole "double division" era is over. GSP had it right 10 years ago; dominate your division. The evolution toward double champs needs to devolve.

I will gladly shit on all his other points too.

GSP is retired. Khabib is a LW champ. Stop this insanity already. Khabib fights Tony and then Justin (if he wins).

And I for one will be happy when this whole "double division" era is over. GSP had it right 10 years ago; dominate your division. The evolution toward double champs needs to devolve.

That's not shitting on his points. That's just your personal preference that conflicts with Khabib's own desire to fight GSP.

Then GSP can fuck off. Khabib is the champ at 155, and he can defend against others. GSP knows he needs to make weight for it to be interesting to Khabib and UFC. Anyway, GSP would never move up in that circumstance either. He'd talk about how much muscle he has to put on, etc, but never do it. So no one should move up for him. He's not even an active fighter. To speak in the language of idiots like the TS, if GSP were a 'true fighter' he would prove it. He and his coach always say it would be easy for him to make weight, so why wouldnt he. If he were going to have a tough time, thats one thing, but he and his camp have made it clear that he could easily make it. So, there is no reason why he wouldn't fight at 155.

Well, I guess GSP will have to want it as bad as Khabib and make the smaller cut.

If the fight is not for the 155lbs title then what's in it for gsp?

He wants the legacy of being the first champ champ champ

Some random catch weight fight won't cut it.

Also talking about this at this point is pointless, because tony ferguson is gonna finish khabib and take the title! Gsp don't want that smoke #TeamElCucuy #ChampShitOnly #SnapDownCity
GSP said it could be at a catchweight since he doesn't want the belt so it can def cut it.

The UFC won't do it if it's for the belt since GSP doesn't want that belt and won't cut weight to defend it. He's retired. If he comes back to fight Khabib it's just for that one fight - to fight Khabib. Not to become champion again.

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Georges-St-Pierre-768x768-696x696.jpg

DEoYFFaWsAIxn8G.jpg
This also proves Khabib is handsomer than GSP (only face).

GSP wants another belt
He may have before then changed his mind. He's not dumb. He's anything but dumb. If it's at 155 khabib is.... not impressive. He's an old man with colitis. I already explained why the 155 thing... Dana Ali and Khabib want this legend SLAUGHTERED, not merely beaten at 170. That is your 155 reason. It would be one of the best nights of Dana's career. But nobody will respect that fight so.. book it.

isn't that mostly because GSP always has really low body fat while Khabib puts on some weight between fights? GSP's typical walk around weight is probably pretty close to what he weighs before he starts his cut.

If it is a 'legacy fight', they meet in the middle at catchweight 165 Ibs.
Otherwise Khabib steps up and tests himself at 170 where he has fought before.
Considering Khabib literally almost died trying to make 155 shows it is unnatural and totally unfair to force GSPs body to try it for the first time.

If he is a true FIGHTER he fights GSP where GSP is a legend at 170.

He already has the age advantage he wants every advantage he can get.

I see no reason for GSP to challenge a guy in a lower weightclass he never fought in before.
Yoel is 5'10, but GSP ducked the MW title defense.

Comeback GSP is a sleazy lizard.

egg fucking zackly,

who the fuck would give GSP the chance to whoop your champ and then just fuck off and vacate before ever defending.... again
Bisping was a weak champ who defend against someone not even in top 10 for muh story. GSP promises and bullshit made Bisping have all these fake injuries and hold up the MW division only to embarrass it by losing. And for all that GSP doesn't even hold his word to defend.

Bisping was a weak champ who defend against someone not even in top 10 for muh story. GSP promises and bullshit made Bisping have all these fake injuries and hold up the MW division only to embarrass it by losing. And for all that GSP doesn't even hold his word to defend.
Boy arent you an angry feller!

Walk around weight means nothing and anyone who brings it up is a moron. In shape fight night weight is what matters. GSP fights around 185lb. Khabib is not close to that in shape

If anyone has earned the right to pick and choose some fights at the end of their career, it's gsp.

N if khabib wins gsp nuthuggers will dismiss the win as:

Gsp past his prime
Colitis
Cut too hard
Long time off
Bad knees...
But gsp is way past his prime. He hasn't looked nearly as explosive since his ACL tear. This fight does nothing for either but make them money. If Khabib wins, who cares? GSP is not half the fighter he once was. If GSP wins, who cares? He's a WW and Khabib is a LW

The difference is that GSP at 185lbs is solid and in shape with very low body fat.

Khabib at 185lbs carries some extra fat. Khabib's in shape weight is closer to 175lbs.

That said, ten pounds isn't a big difference. They could easily have a catch-weight bout. I remember khabib suggested 162lbs, so directly in-between their two respective weight classes and I think that seems fair and doable.
Fighting at a catch-weight between their normal weight-classes seems fair to me as well.
Would love to see them at ~162lbs.
The next fight at lightweight for Khabib has to be none other than Tony Ferguson though.

Back