Khabib vs Tony. the difference.

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
I guess you are wrong for the millionth time, that is a unbeatable record.
khabib said in the max halloway press conference "max make guys tired, what happen if i no tired" LOL this is what will happen in the tony fight. million dollar question.

khabib said in the max halloway press conference "max make guys tired, what happen if i no tired" LOL this is what will happen in the tony fight. million dollar question.
Khabib smashes anybody under WW, again.

Gee, I wonder who gave a prolonged beating to RDA before Tony....or do fights from years ago only count in Tony’s portfolio ? Speaking of that , 11 is a odd number...let’s go 12 fights back. Haha, if what Tony did 11 fights ago is relevant than surely the 12 th would also be right ?

I honestly don't know where you're trying to go with this? Are you talking about Khabib? It really has nothing to do with this discussion, but have you actually ever seen Khabib/RDA? It wasn't a beating of any kind. It was Khabib laying on top of RDA for most of 3 rounds. It's fine, Khabib clearly won, but that fight wouldn't contribute to RDA's decline at all. Khabib landed 36 sig strikes in the entire fight. Tony landed 199. Are you actually comparing the damage RDA took in each of those fights?

I'm talking about an 11 fight win streak for Tony in how it relates to whether he should get the next shot at the undisputed title. I'm not sure why this is confusing for you. Is there someone else with a longer, more impressive streak at LW that Khabib should fight next? I didn't think there was, but maybe you know of someone on a longer streak than Tony?

Khabib is an absolute monster, obviously, but I just have a strong feeling that tony is going to win

you have valid arguments? LOL read your own replies and compare them to mine. im telling you that according to the ufc tony vs khabib was treading to be the biggest ppv of 2018. im telling you that his fight vs rank 11 got more ppv buys than yoel vs rob, twood vs till, tj dillashaw vs cody. im telling you that big companies have marketing departments that study the product its putting out there. im also telling you that you need an education cause im giving you facts and youre replying with nothing. LOL.
my only point is , and maybe we are talking about 2 different things is that Khabib on his OWN is not a PROVEN cash cow,

I honestly don't know where you're trying to go with this? Are you talking about Khabib? It really has nothing to do with this discussion, but have you actually ever seen Khabib/RDA? It wasn't a beating of any kind. It was Khabib laying on top of RDA for most of 3 rounds. It's fine, Khabib clearly won, but that fight wouldn't contribute to RDA's decline at all. Khabib landed 36 sig strikes in the entire fight. Tony landed 199. Are you actually comparing the damage RDA took in each of those fights?

I'm talking about an 11 fight win streak for Tony in how it relates to whether he should get the next shot at the undisputed title. I'm not sure why this is confusing for you. Is there someone else with a longer, more impressive streak at LW that Khabib should fight next? I didn't think there was, but maybe you know of someone on a longer streak than Tony?
No one deserves the title shot more than tony. Why do people even argue about this

LOL why would you think that you know more about mma than the pros, the bookies and the majority of everyone in between. what happens if khabib doesnt gas LOL.. like when khabib replied to max halloway in the presser "he makes guys tired, what happens if i no tired?" LOL.
It's a talent.

Khabib won all rounds against RDA, Tony didn’t. Tony is a great fighter and his own worst enemy. He should have taken the fight . His last fight against a past prime non ranked Anthony Pettis wasn’t nearly as impressive as Khabib over the Champ Champ, Hollaway over number 1 ranked Ortega or Dustin over number 5 ranked Alvarez but he still got the first shot at the interim belt. He turned it down. Nobody else to blame. He can’t wait out Khabib ‘s suspension as he has already waited out his own injury. He needs to keep fighting and prove he is currently that good and you should quit worrying about 11 fights ago. How good is Tony now, he needs to prove it as he has already aged past his prime and taken much damage.

Khabib won all rounds against RDA, Tony didn’t. Tony is a great fighter and his own worst enemy. He should have taken the fight . His last fight against a past prime non ranked Anthony Pettis wasn’t nearly as impressive as Khabib over the Champ Champ, Hollaway over number 1 ranked Ortega or Dustin over number 5 ranked Alvarez but he still got the first shot at the interim belt. He turned it down. Nobody else to blame. He can’t wait out Khabib ‘s suspension as he has already waited out his own injury. He needs to keep fighting and prove he is currently that good and you should quit worrying about 11 fights ago. How good is Tony now, he needs to prove it as he has already aged past his prime and taken much damage.

You keep moving the goal posts. We were talking about who actually did more damage and potentially started RDA on his decline more. Yes Khabib won all 3 rounds, but are you actually honestly arguing that fight had more of a long term impact on RDA than RDA's fight with Tony? I mean, seriously??

And yes, he could have waited out Khabib's suspension if the UFC didn't feel the need to make fake interim belts. Even other Khabib supporters like @TapMachine agree with this. Why? Because as real fans of the sport, they WANT to see the best 2 LW's in the world (maybe in the history of the sport) actually fight each other. I'm not sure why you don't, if you are a real fan of the sport.

You keep moving the goal posts. We were talking about who actually did more damage and potentially started RDA on his decline more. Yes Khabib won all 3 rounds, but are you actually honestly arguing that fight had more of a long term impact on RDA than RDA's fight with Tony? I mean, seriously??

And yes, he could have waited out Khabib's suspension if the UFC didn't feel the need to make fake interim belts. Even other Khabib supporters like @TapMachine agree with this. Why? Because as real fans of the sport, they WANT to see the best 2 LW's in the world (maybe in the history of the sport) actually fight each other. I'm not sure why you don't, if you are a real fan of the sport.
Everybody absolutely wants to see these two fight. I want to see Whitaker fight Israel and Rose to fight Andrade ( you know she will cancel for whatever reason) and I would like to see all of these fights today as there is no MMA on. The fact of the matter is Khabib is suspended and won’t be fighting until the fall. I am not happy about it. The UFC is going in the wrong direction (like boxing) with self proclaimed champions not wanting to fight. I understand if you are champ to want to hold your belt as long as you can but I am against sitting out because you can’t get the fight you want. If you are suspended or injured there should be a time limit. The worst thing the UFC could do is let champions pick their own fights and if you don’t let champions do it you sure don’t let contenders do it. Tony was offered a fight against a legitimate contender for a belt . He turned it down . The fight is happening with out him and that’s his fault. Like most fans I excited to see the fight that will be happening.

tony ferguson won interim belt in october 2017 and didnt fight until october 2018. thats a whole year. even conor an actual champ was stripped shortly after passing the 1 year mark. who in their sane mind suggest that tony keeps an interim belt for a whole year without fighting? the man was justly stripped.

Everybody absolutely wants to see these two fight. I want to see Whitaker fight Israel and Rose to fight Andrade ( you know she will cancel for whatever reason) and I would like to see all of these fights today as there is no MMA on. The fact of the matter is Khabib is suspended and won’t be fighting until the fall. I am not happy about it. The UFC is going in the wrong direction (like boxing) with self proclaimed champions not wanting to fight. I understand if you are champ to want to hold your belt as long as you can but I am against sitting out because you can’t get the fight you want. If you are suspended or injured there should be a time limit. The worst thing the UFC could do is let champions pick their own fights and if you don’t let champions do it you sure don’t let contenders do it. Tony was offered a fight against a legitimate contender for a belt . He turned it down . The fight is happening with out him and that’s his fault. Like most fans I excited to see the fight that will be happening.

I guess I just don't see roughly 1 year as THAT big a deal in a scenario like this one where there's a clear #1 contender. Maybe in other divisions you make an interim fight, but you didn't need to in this one. You do Tony vs Khabib in the fall, and still make these other great fights. You could still have Max vs Dustin as a main event (so it's 5 rounds) but with no belt on the line. It would still be a great fight, right?

tony ferguson won interim belt in october 2017 and didnt fight until october 2018. thats a whole year. even conor an actual champ was stripped shortly after passing the 1 year mark. who in their sane mind suggest that tony keeps an interim belt for a whole year without fighting? the man was justly stripped.

They stripped him in April of 2018 right? So when they stripped him, he hadn't been out a year. He'd been out 5 or 6 months. But...whatever. That still has nothing to do with my post.

My point is that everyone knows Tony and Khabib are the two top LW's that need to fight each other. There's no reason at all that the UFC could not have simply waiting until fall and made Tony vs Khabib. No interim titles, no stripping Khabib. Just make the other LW fights that you want to make involving Conor, Al, Dustin, Max. Make them main events so they are 5 rounders. This would have been simple and we'd have gotten the fight that everyone wants to see with Khabib vs Tony. But the UFC did what they do, and f'd it up.

They stripped him in April of 2018 right? So when they stripped him, he hadn't been out a year. He'd been out 5 or 6 months. But...whatever. That still has nothing to do with my post.

My point is that everyone knows Tony and Khabib are the two top LW's that need to fight each other. There's no reason at all that the UFC could not have simply waiting until fall and made Tony vs Khabib. No interim titles, no stripping Khabib. Just make the other LW fights that you want to make involving Conor, Al, Dustin, Max. Make them main events so they are 5 rounders. This would have been simple and we'd have gotten the fight that everyone wants to see with Khabib vs Tony. But the UFC did what they do, and f'd it up.
when they stripped him its been 6 months since his last fight. and his injury was at least 6 months. LOL hes an interim champ bro, nothing more. he deserved being stripped. now do i think he should be fighting for the belt before anyone else ? yeah. but still cant argue him being stripped.

when they stripped him its been 6 months since his last fight. and his injury was at least 6 months. LOL hes an interim champ bro, nothing more. he deserved being stripped. now do i think he should be fighting for the belt before anyone else ? yeah. but still cant argue him being stripped.

I'm not even going to argue about the interim title thing. It's a very minor thing to me. The UFC has shown they don't mean much anyway.

Think of it this way: If the UFC had said they were doing Tony vs Khabib in the fall and that Dustin, Conor, Al, Max, etc. were fighting each other in other fights leading up to that to determine next in line, nobody would care at all that Tony was stripped back then. It would mean nothing. The reason anyone brings it up now is that they decided to do ANOTHER meaningless interim fight and it has f'd up making the fight that everyone actually wants to see.

I'm not even going to argue about the interim title thing. It's a very minor thing to me. The UFC has shown they don't mean much anyway.

Think of it this way: If the UFC had said they were doing Tony vs Khabib in the fall and that Dustin, Conor, Al, Max, etc. were fighting each other in other fights leading up to that to determine next in line, nobody would care at all that Tony was stripped back then. It would mean nothing. The reason anyone brings it up now is that they decided to do ANOTHER meaningless interim fight and it has f'd up making the fight that everyone actually wants to see.
i was surprised when it was max vs dustin and not tony vs dustin. but tony shot himself in the foot by turning this fight down. interim belts as bad as they are have an actual value and will give you a guaranteed shot at the gold. if youre not ready when they make the call theyre gonna strip you. but the call is going to come. just like it did with colby when he wasnt ready.

i was surprised when it was max vs dustin and not tony vs dustin. but tony shot himself in the foot by turning this fight down. interim belts as bad as they are have an actual value and will give you a guaranteed shot at the gold. if youre not ready when they make the call theyre gonna strip you. but the call is going to come. just like it did with colby when he wasnt ready.

LMAO the UFC does what they want. They can say it "guarantees" you the next shot, but most of us don't believe a word of that. They can invent any reason, at any time to conveniently make it untenable for you to unify and then they strip you and put someone else in that they deem more marketable, etc.

And the fact is that Tony shouldn't NEED to win another fight vs a tough opponent like Max to fight for the real belt. There's NO NEED to have an interim title! Khabib is suspended, SO WHAT??? Everyone knows he's the champ. The right thing to do was Tony vs Khabib in the fall, no interim title fight needed. Not with Tony, not with Dustin, not with Max. It's stupid, and the UFC cost us the fight we all want to see.

Furthermore, we want to see Tony fight Khabib next. Had he fought Max and won, he still likely would have taken a lot of damage. Everyone kind of has a good idea how that fight would go. Likely a 5 round war, and with Tony at 35 we want to see him fight Khabib BEFORE his decline starts. A brutal 5 round war with a killer like Max isn't what we need for Tony right before he fights Khabib ffs. Tony has already earned his shot, putting him through ANOTHER meat grinder is pointless.

LMAO the UFC does what they want. They can say it "guarantees" you the next shot, but most of us don't believe a word of that. They can invent any reason, at any time to conveniently make it untenable for you to unify and then they strip you and put someone else in that they deem more marketable, etc.

And the fact is that Tony shouldn't NEED to win another fight vs a tough opponent like Max to fight for the real belt. There's NO NEED to have an interim title! Khabib is suspended, SO WHAT??? Everyone knows he's the champ. The right thing to do was Tony vs Khabib in the fall, no interim title fight needed. Not with Tony, not with Dustin, not with Max. It's stupid, and the UFC cost us the fight we all want to see.

Furthermore, we want to see Tony fight Khabib next. Had he fought Max and won, he still likely would have taken a lot of damage. Everyone kind of has a good idea how that fight would go. Likely a 5 round war, and with Tony at 35 we want to see him fight Khabib BEFORE his decline starts. A brutal 5 round war with a killer like Max isn't what we need for Tony right before he fights Khabib ffs. Tony has already earned his shot, putting him through ANOTHER meat grinder is pointless.
im a khabib fan but hes already doing some what the same thing tony is doing. hes taking off a year of his prime for a couple friends? go fight, and give each guy 50k and theyll be happier than you taking a year off. i mean its stupid and pointless. he should have fought tony before ramadan.

if tony walked away now that would tarnish Khabib's reign as champion forever,
a looming question of 'is he the best if he didn't beat tony tho?'

im a khabib fan but hes already doing some what the same thing tony is doing. hes taking off a year of his prime for a couple friends? go fight, and give each guy 50k and theyll be happier than you taking a year off. i mean its stupid and pointless. he should have fought tony before ramadan.

Yeah, but I'm not gonna shit on Khabib a ton about that. I mean, I disagree with it but I'm not him and he has his own code and beliefs so not really my place to say what he should or shouldn't do. Khabib has maybe shown some questionable behavior a few times, but sitting out to show support of his friends seems very minor. Selfishly yeah it sucks, but I could have waited for fall to see Tony vs Khabib, as long as it actually happened LOL.

Back