Khabib Vs Tony. Over or under 600k buys? (+ floyd bonus question)

This might be the 2nd ppv I'd ever buy next to Machida vs Wiedman

Copromotion has nothing to do with it, it's the freakshow aspect that sells these crossover fights.
What i mean is that for floyd to be interested in something that he would have to split with someone else it you have to do at least double than what he could get by himself.

How does copromotion has nothing to do with it?

Whoa... khabib and his 20 million new followers getting no credit
<{outtahere}>

Im surprised. From the posts you see here these days praising khabib i didnt expect this low from you guys.

@FrankieNYC wanna chime in?

500k isn't low in 2018/19 if you're not Conor. I think @FrankieNYC Would predict similar numbers. Maybe 600,000.

#1. I dont think this fight happens.

#2. Under if it does

500k isn't low in 2018/19 if you're not Conor. I think @FrankieNYC Would predict similar numbers. Maybe 600,000.

I'd guess that ballpark
A lot would depend on how crazy T-Ferg gets in pressers & build-up
We seen the public eats up conflict/drama

Re: Khabib
a lot of his followers are not in North America, so they won't result in PPV

Khabib/Al did 350k and that was all Khabib since the rest of the card was filled with no namers.

After the Conor fight, and the hype that will be built up for Khabib and Tony, that fight will be over 600k easily.

I would say 400-500k it would do good numbers but I think a lot of Khabib's fans are outside of the US therefore unlikely to buy the PPV.

Then again is also depends on who else is on the card. A strong co-event would help support the PPV buys.

Having someone like Conor Vs Nate as the co main event could generate over 1million+ buys IMHO.

It wold also be a easy to sell to the casuals and sets up the next match.

FFS I should work for the UFC I'm so good at this shit lol

I say over, but not by a lot. (poll?)

And would floyd back off once he sees how khabib sells? I think the only chance khabib has to fight floyd is if he does it now. I doubt floyd will want this fight after khabibs next ppv.

Think about 900k. Though maybe those from Islamic faith will bump the numbers. They should be proud of their champion.

I'm a catholic man and I'm glad to see a great figure represent a religion that has been tore to shreds over a minority of evil idiots.

I'd guess that ballpark
A lot would depend on how crazy T-Ferg gets in pressers & build-up
We seen the public eats up conflict/drama

Re: Khabib
a lot of his followers are not in North America, so they won't result in PPV

T-Ferg talks trash but I don't think people take him too seriously. Colby is much better IMHO and would probably get under Khabib's skin.

People saying around the 400k mark or even less than 300k are idiots. Khabib did 350k ppv buys fighting a short notice real estate agent on a shitty card where most of the fights got canceled.

Now Khabib is 100x more popular, and is a household name in sports, even has millions more followers on Instagram than Ronda Rousey. This will do at least 600k, I'm thinking 800k.

I doubt Floyd wants this fight now, and it has nothing to do with PPV sells.
But moreover, you should learn that PPV buys is hardly a thing, kid.

Most countries get UFC for free.
PPV is only big in the US.

You won't necessarily see that reflected in PPV numbers, though, seeing as PPV is only really a thing in the US, and I have a feeling that Khabib's followers are mostly from a lot of other places.

Good point. Khabib russian fans dont buy PPVs. Fucking hell, every MMA stream comes from russia. <45>

And LOL @ kid. Id be extremely dissapointed in you shaddows if you were older than me

People saying around the 400k mark or even less than 300k are idiots. Khabib did 350k ppv buys fighting a short notice real estate agent on a shitty card where most of the fights got canceled.

Which was because of the massive pre-fight mania that had nothing to do with Khabib or his opponent but rather Conor's bus attack and the fallout from Tony's fall where suddenly it was a champion vs champ fight with Max before that also fell through.

Lol at leaving out the massive amount of free media that card got that it literally never could've imagined.

400-500k tops

then Floyd will be like
giphy.gif

Good point. Khabib russian fans dont buy PPVs. Fucking hell, every MMA stream comes from russia. <45>

And LOL @ kid. Id be extremely dissapointed in you shaddows if you were older than me

Well, not what I meant.
In most countries outside US, a TV Channel buys the rights for the UFC, and their viewers can watch it for free.
In Brazil it is TV Globo.In UK it is BTSports. And so on around the globe...
Only US (that I know of) uses PPV model.

That's, of course, besides streaming :)

So the amount of buys are irrelevant in the great scheme of things, worthy only when trying to justify if a fighter is popular enough in US.

Now let us not try to argue who is older. It is a silly argument that the winner is actually not winning anything good :)

Well, not what I meant.
In most countries outside US, a TV Channel buys the rights for the UFC, and their viewers can watch it for free.
In Brazil it is TV Globo.In UK it is BTSports. And so on around the globe...
Only US (that I know of) uses PPV model.

That's, of course, besides streaming :)

So the amount of buys are irrelevant in the great scheme of things, worthy only when trying to justify if a fighter is popular enough in US.

Now let us not try to argue who is older. It is a silly argument that the winner is actually not winning anything good :)
I know thats what you meant. I just added that joke on my own. haha

I pretented to missunderstand to make it work, but i hoped the "<45>" would make that clear.

Khabib has more Instagram followers than Ronda so easy

1.2 million ppv buys
Instagram is free, Instagram followers, especially ones with the most followers in foreign countries doesn’t = PPV buys.

Logan Paul has like 15m subs and ksi about the same, thier brothers have a bunch too.

Let’s just be optimistic and say 40m subs for all the guys on the card combined and they did right under 1m 10.00 PPV buys.

So they did 1/40th of their draw.

11m insta followers at that turn over rate is 400kish

I’m thinking Khabib Ferg does 350-400 if lucky.

Floyd sees those numbers and laughs and doesn’t want it anymore.

Khabib needs to fight Floyd first, and not get tooled to shit to have a chance at bigger numbers.

Gsp Khabib does over a M, only mma fight for him that will.

I know thats what you meant. I just added that joke on my own. haha

I pretented to missunderstand to make it work, but i hoped the "<45>" would make that clear.
hahaha No worries, I got you.
problem with this place is that not many would understand, so I explained a little further ;)

I say over, but not by a lot. (poll?)

And would floyd back off once he sees how khabib sells? I think the only chance khabib has to fight floyd is if he does it now. I doubt floyd will want this fight after khabibs next ppv.
280k max. No household name and too many illegal streamers.

Back