Khabib VS Tony might not happen

IMO everyone wants to be the champ and should do whatever it takes to get there. If Tony doesn’t sign for any reason then he is to blame for not getting his shot. If you think you can actually win then don’t worry about the money. It will come. Khabib gets big bucks now because he beat Conor. Tony will get big bucks after he beats Khabib, but if he loses then I guess he didn’t deserve big dollars after all. Just sign it Tony and “cowboy the fuck up!”

IMO everyone wants to be the champ and should do whatever it takes to get there. If Tony doesn’t sign for any reason then he is to blame for not getting his shot. If you think you can actually win then don’t worry about the money. It will come. Khabib gets big bucks now because he beat Conor. Tony will get big bucks after he beats Khabib, but if he loses then I guess he didn’t deserve big dollars after all. Just sign it Tony and “cowboy the fuck up!”

Not really fair to allow the UFC to operate in its best business interests by making these guys independent contractors yet complain when they look out for their own best financial interests.

You should prolly care who fights whom, you kno w... b/c you watch the fights and like MMA.
Dude, you have hundreds of fights every year, if you would complain about one fight then I don't know how you can find an interest in watching the sport.

Yes, I like MMA cuz I'll find an interesting things in any fight, and also my life is not dependent on the UFC.

Not really fair to allow the UFC to operate in its best business interests by making these guys independent contractors yet complain when they look out for their own best financial interests.
All companies act in their best interests. Most big MMA companies fail. UFC is still around (thank God) and I want to keep them around. They will only stay profitable by keeping costs as low as they can . Super Stars of the sport can do quite well.

All companies act in their best interests. Most big MMA companies fail. UFC is still around (thank God) and I want to keep them around. They will only stay profitable by keeping costs as low as they can . Super Stars of the sport can do quite well.

For sure. My point is that the UFC has made these fighters independent contractors so in essence each fighter is their own little business entity. So they also will act in their own best interests (or what they believe their own best interests to be).

For sure. My point is that the UFC has made these fighters independent contractors so in essence each fighter is their own little business entity. So they also will act in their own best interests (or what they believe their own best interests to be).
Agreed, but if you never get a shot at the belt because of your own greed you can blame the company all you want but the UFC has their own HOF and if you want to be in it or be thought of as the Goat you Have to play by their rules.

Dana will probably say "Tony didn't want to accept the fight! Cant force a guy to fight" Forgetting to mention he offered Tony 3 bags of peanuts...... Then we will get Conor VS Khabib rematch smh

it takes 2 to make a deal.

notice how people were crushing khabib for a march return and funny enough it what tony wants also but nothing said about tony wanting to wait.

tony has a ufc contract he was happy to signed when he hired his new manager so it tony mad now with it than it on tony.

Agreed, but if you never get a shot at the belt because of your own greed you can blame the company all you want but the UFC has their own HOF and if you want to be in it or be thought of as the Goat you Have to play by their rules.

It's a balancing act for sure. That's why guys have management. Although sometimes their management doesn't do well for them either. With Tony (this is a guess) he'll get paid about what he got for his interim title fight vs Lee, maybe a bit more. I have to believe both sides will agree to something like that.

It's a balancing act for sure. That's why guys have management. Although sometimes their management doesn't do well for them either. With Tony (this is a guess) he'll get paid about what he got for his interim title fight vs Lee, maybe a bit more. I have to believe both sides will agree to something like that.
As much as I rag on Tony, I actually love the guy and want him to get paid. I love Khabib more and want to see this fight it is like the first Chuck vs Tito fight . It will epic.

As much as I rag on Tony, I actually love the guy and want him to get paid. I love Khabib more and want to see this fight it is like the first Chuck vs Tito fight . It will epic.

Tony's management just needs to understand his value imo. Does he have some? Yeah, of course. If they market the fight correctly and build a decent card around it, the ppv will be really big. Khabib of course is a big reason why, but there's no comparing let's say Khabib vs Gaethje to what Khabib vs Tony will get as far as attention. And esp if the UFC sells it correctly. They need to actually USE the fact that they've tried to get these 2 in the cage 4 times before and bad luck has ruined it. And they need to sell the historic win streaks that both are on. Obviously this won't be as big as a GSP fight in terms of attention, but it could still be really big with the groundswell from hardcore fans.

All that said, Tony and his management can't overstate their value and demand the moon here. Yes, he should get paid more than he's been paid for any previous fight but they have to be reasonable--they have a little leverage but not much. And I think they will be reasonable. Tony will get his biggest payday to date, but the UFC won't overpay him for this fight.

I'm glad to hear you say that about Tony too. Sure, he's weird and yeah he's talked some smack to Khabib in just trying to get the fight. But the reality is that he respects Khabib a lot as a fighter (he's said so numerous times) and vice versa. Real recognizes real.

There's a pic of them together with their arms around each other like bros. I can't find it but it's been posted here. They don't hate each other at all, it's just part of the game to have to sell fights and all that to yap a bit or say what you're gonna do to the other guy.

Back