Khabib vs Tony is probably the most competitive fight in MMA history.

There are a lot of similar matchups to this. I’ve seen some good ones mentioned already.
Cro cop Barnett. Noguiera Barnett. nog vs werdum. Fedor v. Werdum.
wanderlei sakuraba. Wanderlei Arona. Also vs McGregor. Wanderlei vs Liddell. those are a few off the top of my head. I missed dozens I’m sure.

Easily Nog vs Fedor, if ya really consider the buildin´of this rivalry since the Rings days.

What do you mean show you another example with actual numbers? And you're saying 'atleast in numbers'
Are you saying it will sell the most? You're dead wrong and I'm here to smack you in the face with the truth.

UFC 205
Total gate $17,700,000
Buyrate 1,300,000

UFC 229
Total gate $17,188,894.67
Buyrate 2,400,000

UFC 249 won't come close.

Lawyered.

what an anus. A fight fan is wanting to see the numbers?
Lol at modern fight fans.

This is the only fight i'll pay for in 2020....

Huh?
<Kpop01>

How is a fight that hasn't happened competitive?
One of them might get blown out

Fedor vs Mirko is close

only other fight I can think of is fedor vs crocop

Yeah Fedor/Mirko is right there. These two fights might as well be 1A and 1B.

Man I'm excited for this.

Fedor vs Cro Cop doesn't belong anywhere near a list of most competitive fights on paper. Fedor had an overwhelmingly clear advantage on the ground heading into that fight, and surprise surprise won with it.

Fedor vs Cro Cop doesn't belong anywhere near a list of most competitive fights on paper. Fedor had an overwhelmingly clear advantage on the ground heading into that fight, and surprise surprise won with it.

Mirko was thought to have an overwhelmingly clear advantage in the stand up. Couple that with his vastly improved takedown defense around that time, Fedor being rocked to his core by Fujita, and Nogueria not looking completely out of his element in the second fight against Fedor before it was stopped by cuts - it made for a highly compelling fight.

Fedor was the favorite of course, he was the defending champion, and virtually unbeaten. But not a single reasonable person counted Mirko out of that fight.

Ferguson will get taken down in probably every round.. I don't think it will be close.

we are talking about the apparent competitiveness before the fight happens. Maybe after ufc 249, everybody will say tony always had a clear advantage on the feet, hence his victory, or the other way around.

I predict its going to be a massive letdown and not very competitive at all. Rooting for Tony but I see it being a very one-sided Khabib win.
right, khabib will have to play it safe and just hump tony for 25 mins

Being top 2 doesnt guarantee a competitive fight. One could still dominate the other.

Jones/DC was a fight between a 20-1 champion and a 15-0 challenger.

JDS vs Cain 1 on paper was, in my opinion.

This is why the fifth time is the charm for the fight to happen!!!

Ferguson will get taken down in probably every round.. I don't think it will be close.

Hopefully your right because then we will experience and awesome display of elite grappling. Do you think Ferguson will not do anything on the ground and just easily get G&P like the rest of khabibs opponents? No son believe that won't happen.
He wont be easy to just G&P and also add his cardio, endurance and recovery. This fight is going to be crazy.

Aside for his Jiu-Jitsu people forget that Tony was a wrestling national champion, he knows what he's doing.

24 fight UFC win streak combined heading into the fight. I think that’s a record. Second might be A. Silva and Weidman?

Jones vs DC is close.

TJ vs Cody was close as well, at the time both were ranked in the p4p since Cody has just clowned Cruz.

But yes, Tony vs Khabib is the highest level MMA fight since Fedor vs CroCop.

Back