KHABIB VS TONY. give the ACTUAL FANS what we want, or else we boycott the UFC.

we're outnumbered by casuals. It's just what it is.

Poor Tony is trying to be edgy and cut promos and create interest during his press conferences, but people just aren't into it.

For some reason, everyone is all over Conor. Probably a mix of his appearance, nationality and personality. It just resonates with casuals. It doesn't make sense to me. I find it annoying, but it's what sells so what are you gonna do?

I got bored with the WWE antics awhile ago. I may snag a PPV or hit a sports bar when an interesting matchup is made, but those are probably the PPV's that sell under 400k. It sucks, but that's where the sport is at. Probably where it's always going to be.

Remember the IFL? They tried the whole city/team dynamic, but it just never caught on. What works for other professional sports doesn't really work for MMA (or at least it hasn't)

I of course will not watch Conor/Khabib if it's an immediate rematch. Ferguson absolutely deserves it. But if all of us hardcores tune out, the PPV would only lose 150k buys at most imo.

From what I read on Sherdog it seems most "hard core" fans illegally stream PPVS. We have no voice.
Not everyone pirates. We just dont watch the shitshow careening in gutter. why do you think avg ppv are like 200K now and in glory days like 2009 and 2010 was 800K?

Not everyone pirates. We just dont watch the shitshow careening in in gutter. why do you think avg ppv are like 200K now and in glory days like 2009 and 2010 was 800K?
General lack of interest and pirating.

You'll stream the cards, as you always do.

Lol @ boycott.

I'm very dissapointed sherdog.

I tried to make a heartfelt post, but failed miserably.

Honestly, the goal was to get a bunch of likes, and maybe the UFC execs would see it and be forced to do Khabib vs Tony because of it. But the 2 measley likes that I got basically just gave the UFC the green light to go with Khabib vs Conor II.

All ya'll had to do was click the like button.

ah well.

I'm very dissapointed sherdog.

I tried to make a heartfelt post, but failed miserably.

Honestly, the goal was to get a bunch of likes, and maybe the UFC execs would see it and be forced to do Khabib vs Tony because of it. But the 2 measley likes that I got basically just gave the UFC the green light to go with Khabib vs Conor II.

All ya'll had to do was click the like button.

ah well.
Haha, sure buddy...
<28>

Not everyone pirates. We just dont watch the shitshow careening in gutter. why do you think avg ppv are like 200K now and in glory days like 2009 and 2010 was 800K?

Joe Silva leaving was one of the worst things to happen to the UFC. Straight up. Meaningless interim belts galore. The entire concept of a #1 contender is pretty much a thing of the past. Fake "champe-champs" and half the roster whining about money fights. The entire UFC management needs to get overhauled. The marketing around fights is trash, too. Too many 3-0, 4-0, and 5-0 fighters on the roster who may as well be making their UFC debut given their exposure.

It's very frustrating. I honestly miss the Zuffa era. Never thought I'd say that. The UFC is a fucking joke now.

Haha, sure buddy...
<28>

im actually being serious. that was my intent LOL.

the execs definitely go on sherdog. They need to know what the fans want somehow. Pretty sure sherdog is up there in the MMA community in terms of #'s.

Everyone can rest easy. I have a plan. I'm gonna win the Mega Millions Tues. I'll take the lump sum. I will sign a contract with yhe UFC that states if they make Tony/Khabib happen, I will personally guarantee them 1 million ppv buys or I will make up the difference in revenue to them.

#problemsolved

If there's one thing I've learned it's that sports fans are selfish and don't boycott anything.

speak for yourself, im a 'hardcore' fan and i want conor vs khabib 2

Calm down, butthole, it’s already in the works.

Khabib will hide in Ramadan using Ramadan as a smokescreen

The guy wanted a suspension so no one immediately thought right move up to welterweight and fight Woodley who would end your career

He wanted a suspension to use than and Ramadan and drag out the Tony fight to duck Woodley who would end Khafake fucks career <GSPWoah>

He's cried after a loss before and his face would be worse than this if he fought Woodley

<DCrying><31>and he's dragging the UFC through the mud for every dollar he can get and gonna retire at lightweight calling himself the Floyd of MMA which is the equivalent of Conor retiring at featherweight calling himself the GOAT<36>

im actually being serious. that was my intent LOL.

the execs definitely go on sherdog. They need to know what the fans want somehow. Pretty sure sherdog is up there in the MMA community in terms of #'s.
I don´t give a fuck about execs. All i know is that Khabib vs Tony was already four times made. Khabib always said, that Tony is the biggest threat. So i´m pretty sure, that he want to fight him next. All is good...

Bud go back 2 years ago when this thread was first made

We are MMA's REAL fans. Without us, UFC would not be what it is today.
If the UFC goes with Khabib vs McGregor, this shows they dont give a fk about what the hardcores want, they only care about money. Especially because Khabib dominated the shit out of Conor.

Tony deserves this fight more than any fighter has ever deserved a fight on so many levels. On the entertainment standpoint and on the winning standpoint. He's not this boring fighter that's stacked up wins like jon fitch. hes on a 11 fight winning streak. He's one of the most exciting fighters EVER in mma. Was stripped for being injured. He poured his heart out in that fight with Pettis. I legit felt his pain after that fight when he was crying. It just aint fair.

We have been dreaming about this fight forever. An insane stylistic matchup, where every minute will be fking crazy. This might be the craziest fight in MMA history, on the ground AND the standup. And the UFC wont give it to us.
The casuals make up 90% of the ppv buys on cards that do 1 million +. We are all aware of this.
Yes, the casuals dont care about Tony vs Khabib.

BUT Both the competitors in Khabib and Tony AND the ACTUAL FKING FANS OF THE SPORT FROM FKING DAY ONE WANT THIS FKING FIGHT.

I'm telling you guys... if the UFC does go with Khabib vs Conor... lets just support bellator.
If we stop watching the UFC and only watch Bellator, The UFC will lose all their viewers, lose money, and fighters will start going to Bellator as they will be able to offer more. Lets start a movement to make Bellator the premiere organization.

I do not want to support an MMA organization that dont give a shit about their real fans.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's life in general. Nobody caters to hardcore fans in anything. Every professional sport in the United States (except soccer) has changed their rules in the past two decades and infuriated dedicated fans. They are all making record money.

The casual audience isn't as reliable, but they are much more money when you get them. Ask the old Star Wars fans. Ask any long term, dedicated fanbase. It's bullshit, but it's reality.

We are MMA's REAL fans. Without us, UFC would not be what it is today.
If the UFC goes with Khabib vs McGregor, this shows they dont give a fk about what the hardcores want, they only care about money. Especially because Khabib dominated the shit out of Conor.

Tony deserves this fight more than any fighter has ever deserved a fight on so many levels. On the entertainment standpoint and on the winning standpoint. He's not this boring fighter that's stacked up wins like jon fitch. hes on a 11 fight winning streak. He's one of the most exciting fighters EVER in mma. Was stripped for being injured. He poured his heart out in that fight with Pettis. I legit felt his pain after that fight when he was crying. It just aint fair.

We have been dreaming about this fight forever. An insane stylistic matchup, where every minute will be fking crazy. This might be the craziest fight in MMA history, on the ground AND the standup. And the UFC wont give it to us.
The casuals make up 90% of the ppv buys on cards that do 1 million +. We are all aware of this.
Yes, the casuals dont care about Tony vs Khabib.

BUT Both the competitors in Khabib and Tony AND the ACTUAL FKING FANS OF THE SPORT FROM FKING DAY ONE WANT THIS FKING FIGHT.

I'm telling you guys... if the UFC does go with Khabib vs Conor... lets just support bellator.
If we stop watching the UFC and only watch Bellator, The UFC will lose all their viewers, lose money, and fighters will start going to Bellator as they will be able to offer more. Lets start a movement to make Bellator the premiere organization.

I do not want to support an MMA organization that dont give a shit about their real fans.
I expected more from a 2013 black belt. The nerds on sherdog won't be enough to even put a dent into this criminal organization.

UFC doesn't give a shit what hardcore fans wants they only care about the $$$$$? Haven't you realised this already TS?

Don't blame the UFC blame the guy wearing sun glasses inside or the fatty putting away tiramisus like it's going out of style. It's not like the UFC actually booked this fight a handful of times.

Back