Media Khabib vs rubber guard BJJ grappling

Nurmagomedov is going to smash Ferguson and his grappling game anyway, not this would make much difference. His footwork will just get him caught against the cage and taken down, to where his non-existent takedown defense will come in to play.

Skip to 1:05

Wow, someone grappling with Khabib with cameras recording. I wonder if he was told to make Kabob look good. I'm sure this was an elite, championship caliber BJJ athlete trying 100% to embarrass Khabib on camera.

Wow, someone grappling with Khabib with cameras recording. I wonder if he was told to make Kabob look good. I'm sure this was an elite, championship caliber BJJ athlete trying 100% to embarrass Khabib on camera.
Def looked like he was trying, doesnt change the fact that khabib makes bjj blackbelts look like amature's. RDA and porrier both black belts.

Rubber guard is mostly bullshit lol.

even Eddie himself never did shit with it.
I feel like rubber guard exists for stupidly flexible people with no ligaments to stall matches or do weird sneaky subs. It's not super useful for your average joe

Yes because Khabib needs so much help looking good in grappling.
{<huh}
Maybe, just maybe, Khabib is really good at grappling. Crazy I know.

I feel like rubber guard exists for stupidly flexible people with no ligaments to stall matches or do weird sneaky subs. It's not super useful for your average joe

Its the kind of game I'd say you need to be VERY good at for it to work in MMA, if Khabib was say fighting a prime Aoki it might be an interesting consideration but my feeling is Tony won't be nearly good enough here to threaten and Khabib will be happy to just control him from the top if he looks to stall.

Its the kind of game I'd say you need to be VERY good at for it to work in MMA, if Khabib was say fighting a prime Aoki it might be an interesting consideration but my feeling is Tony won't be nearly good enough here to threaten and Khabib will be happy to just control him from the top if he looks to stall.
I agree. Tony is a beast on the ground but his particular style isn't too anything that I am particularly concerned about grappling wise.

Yes because Khabib needs so much help looking good in grappling.
{<huh}
Maybe, just maybe, Khabib is really good at grappling. Crazy I know.
Oh don't get me wrong, for sure Khabib is amazing at grappling.

I'm just saying, that you can't compare Tony's MMA grappling in a real fight with elbows to some random BJJ black belt at P10, who is just trying out different hooks against an elite wrestler on camera, while not actually trying to win 100%.

To be fair, basic rubber guard in a light BJJ rolling session, vs Tony's guard in an MMA fight with his ridiculous elbow strikes being thrown, is a completely different scenario. Can't even compare the two.

I favor Khabib in the fight, but Tony will most likely do some damage from the bottom with his elbows before its all said and done.

Oh don't get me wrong, for sure Khabib is amazing at grappling.

I'm just saying, that you can't compare Tony's MMA grappling in a real fight with elbows to some random BJJ black belt at P10, who is just trying out different hooks against an elite wrestler on camera, while not actually trying to win 100%.
Khabib isn't utilizing strikes here either. He's taking a reactive, lax, approach to dissecting the guard and passing.

Both of them are trying to work and win. Matiev just couldn't get anything going because Khabib was a few steps ahead.

Disagree for MMA. Rubber guard + elbows to the head is a real threat in MMA for someone proficient in that technique.
Yup elbows from the bottom and switch between arm bars, triangle, omo plata and dare I say gogo plata all 25 minutes as needed, needs to be executed by someone who’s willing to feed the Just Bleed Gods and won’t turn his back to punches from above.

Who cares about rubber guard? When has a 10p guy won a competition recently? 10p dudes dont even win the competitions set up in their favor.

Are you a noob or a bitter old man who no longer keeps up with the sport? 10thP guys win plenty of comps.

Are you a noob or a bitter old man who no longer keeps up with the sport? 10thP guys win plenty of comps.
Care to mention any to prove what i said wrong or do you just try to throw out insults to win an argument?
Yes, i know there are some solid 10th planet dudes out there but to say that rubber guard is going to be the thing that takes out one of if not the best grappler in mma is ridiculous. My point was even the last big combat jiu jitsu comp a check mat guy won.

Tony’s path to success is in the stand up only, he will get finished by Khabib if the fight goes to the ground.

I just want this fight to happen. Like both guys and just want to see an amazing fight

Back