Media Khabib vs Poirier press conference

Comfy presser. Haters absolutely BTFO. Khabib's reign has only begun.

Ask Khabib what? Why Tony failed to show to his title defense at UFC223 against Khabib? Or maybe why Tony refused the Max fight that would have led to Tony getting a title shot? The only person people should be asking about Tony is Tony.

Wrong. First of all, Khabib has never pulled out of a fight with Ferguson for the title. Secondly, Ferguson pulled out twice... and then refused the Max fight, which whould have led to him fighting Khabib next.

Then that's his problem for being a child. He was given an opportunity to fight for the title before Poirier, he refused it. Then he goes on and starts whining about how no one gives him a title shot, lmao. Same situation with his interim belt: got stripped for failing to show up to his interim title defense (a situation that is not unique in combat sports), then goes on to blame the UFC for how he was not given a title shot. The best part, however, is Ferguson accusing Khabib of ducking him when he has now missed more opportunities to fight Khabib than vice versa. The man is a hypocrite and anyone who supports his childish, self-centered rhetoric is a delusional nutsack gobbler.

Don't worry, I never expected you to present actual counter-arguments. Running away from discussion is all Ferguson fans can do, because his behavior is indefensible.

You sound like you’re glad this fight hasn’t happened yet. I’ll say this, if you aren’t enraged that fight hasn’t been put together, regardless of whose at fault, also without acknowledging that all parties involved were to blame at one point in time or another, you’re nothing more than a Khabib fan girl— who likely doesn’t want the fight to happen because you know it will be his biggest test to date.

what a boring ass conference, this is the sportsmanship you guys wanted to see?

Anything of interest get said?
He said that fighting Ferguson is important for his legacy. Says that Dustin is not his last fight and that he wants to fight more to build his legacy. Still wants to fight GSP. Has no interest in fighting Conor, since Conor hasn't won a fight in 3 years.

I remember I had to pull over to watch Khabib vs Conor presser. That shit was legendary.

Glad Khabib shut down the McTapper rematch and the names he dropped are all what we want and in that specific order too.

Dustin, Tony then GSP!

You sound like you’re glad this fight hasn’t happened yet.
who likely doesn’t want the fight to happen because you know it will be his biggest test to date.
Attacking strawmen again, I see. It is irrelevant how I feel. My feefees are not the topic of discussion here. The topic of discussion is Ferguson's childish, hypocritical and outright disrespectful behavior. No one can deny that he has earned the title shot, yet he needs to stop blaming others for his failures to actually claim his right to the title. For the record, I've always been saying that this fight is inevitable, no matter how long it gets delayed.

without acknowledging that all parties involved were to blame
You know what's the difference between the parties involved? One of the parties is not accusing the other of being the duck, one of the parties is not disrespecting the other, it is not shifting blame. I'll let you figure out which one is which. And no, I'm not angry at Ferguson and his fangirls per se, more like disgusted with them blindly gobbling his nutsack and defending behavior which is indefensible.

Attacking strawmen again, I see. It is irrelevant how I feel. My feefees are not the topic of discussion here. The topic of discussion is Ferguson's childish, hypocritical and outright disrespectful behavior. No one can deny that he has earned the title shot, yet he needs to stop blaming others for his failures to actually claim his right to the title. For the record, I've always been saying that this fight is inevitable, no matter how long it gets delayed.

You know what's the difference between the parties involved? One of the parties is not accusing the other of being the duck, one of the parties is not disrespecting the other, it is not shifting blame. I'll let you figure out which one is which. And no, I'm not angry at Ferguson and his fangirls per se, more like disgusted with them blindly gobbling his nutsack and defending behavior which is indefensible.

I couldn’t care less. I just want the fight to happen. I’m not going to sit here and come up with a million excuses in the world as to why it shouldn’t, or wouldn’t or hasn’t.

I couldn’t care less. I just want the fight to happen. I’m not going to sit here and come up with a million excuses in the world as to why it shouldn’t, or wouldn’t or hasn’t.
Because I've been coming up with such excuses? Is that what you wanted to say? Do you even understand what the word "strawman" means? How about you stop putting words into my mouth.

Last edited:
They both failed to make that fight an equal amount of times

It was completely disrespectful to ask tony to fight for an interim title... AGAIN... while he was already holding one

Khabib wants nothing to do with Tony at this point
Yep. While Tony was out Khabib was all "Conor must win a fight to get a rematch. He doesn't deserve it now". Now that El Cecuy is back Khabib is all "we can do the Conor rematch at a later date after Poirier fight".

I think its the British accent that is confusing him
That + the convoluted and overly wordy ways British journalists tend to frame their questions.
I cringe every time i hear British journalists direct these super long complex sentences to people that are not native English speakers and/or barely speak it.

Americans are much more to the point. Which is good for Q&A situations.

Yep. While Tony was out Khabib was all "Conor must win a fight to get a rematch. He doesn't deserve it now". Now that El Cecuy is back Khabib is all "we can do the Conor rematch at a later date after Poirier fight".
Huh? Did you even watch this press conference? He said the literal exact opposite lol.

Back