Khabib vs Poirier next, what's next for Max?

Dustin certainly has the punching power to worry Khabib but I'm not seeing how he keeps it standing.
That's the problem with Khabib he has no Plan B because he doesn't need a Plan B.
You know exactly what he's going to do but you can't stop it.

No because Dustin' s defensive ground game basically sucks. He was held down twice by Eddie and had it not been for the fauls, maybe gets finished there.

Hard to see Aldo ever getting a shot again, not that it mattered but Holloway will be fine.

Last night confirmed two things to me that I suspected already;

1. Khabib will destroy DP with ease. Dustin is so bad going backwards and Khabib will eat him up.

2. Conor would KO both Dustin and Max at LW.
Conor doesn't have the same speed & reflexes as he once did. Inactivity along with tons of drinking / cocaine will deteriorate your skills. Also, the way Conor holds his hands all the way down, I can see him getting brutally knocked out in the near future (Dustin could probably do it nowadays, would love to see that).

So after the great card last night. The next fight in the light weight is Poirier vs Khabib. How do you guys see that fight going?

Will Dustins high school wrestling background be enough to stuff Khabib's takedowns and keep the fight standing? He is a really hard puncher and in my opinion he outboxed Holloway, if not in the amount of punches landed but in the damage dealt. He was really close in the first round to knocking Max out and wobbled him good 2 times.

I was also impressed with Dustin's cardio and that he could keep a good pace throughout the fight.

In my opinion this will be a really interesting fight since Dustin has a better striking game than Khabib and also has BJJ black belt. His wrestling probably inferior to Khabib's, but might be enough to keep the fight standing in the later rounds.

What do you guys think.

About Max... maybe a rematch with Conor?

The one thing Holloway had over Poirier was his gas tank enabling him to throw volume punches. I'm not a great boxing analyst but it looked like Poirier lit Holloway up with COUNTERS, especially after Rd 1. If Holloway got countered so much last night, I think McGregor would KO him in the 1st or 2nd, and Holloway's gas tank would give him no advantage against Ferguson. As big as he is, Holloway just doesn't have much for the top 3 LW's.

As far as Poirier, if he can't KO Nurmagomedov by the end of Rd 2, I see Nurmagomedov winning with 5 rounds of lay and pray.

Conor doesn't have the same speed & reflexes as he once did. Inactivity along with tons of drinking / cocaine will deteriorate your skills. Also, the way Conor holds his hands all the way down, I can see him getting brutally knocked out in the near future (Dustin could probably do it nowadays, would love to see that).

Even with his party lifestyle, he would blast Max and DP IMO. Any fighter who gets hit as much as those two do are food and drink for Conor.

Even with his party lifestyle, he would blast Max and DP IMO. Any fighter who gets hit as much as those two do are food and drink for Conor.
Max gets hit a lot, Dustin actually doesn't. Dustin's boxing & boxing defense have grown leaps & bounds. I think Conor has deteriorated, whereas Dustin has evolved. I say Dustin knocks Conor out cold these days, Conor keeps his hands way too low & doesn't have the chin that Max does (no one does).

Max gets hit a lot, Dustin actually doesn't. Dustin's boxing & boxing defense have grown leaps & bounds. I think Conor has deteriorated, whereas Dustin has evolved. I say Dustin knocks Conor out cold these days, Conor keeps his hands way too low & doesn't have the chin that Max does (no one does).

You act as if Dustin has a great chin lol. It would take one or two shots from Conor and Dustin would be out cold.

You act as if Dustin has a great chin lol. It would take one or two shots from Conor and Dustin would be out cold.
Dustin hasn’t been knocked out in a while. If he can survive Gaethje, I think he can survive Conor. Dustin’s a different beast at lightweight, better chin & his boxing defense has improved dramatically. I think Conor is washed-up, maybe he’ll prove me wrong but I doubt it. Conor’s gonna get knocked cold with that dumb karate style hands all the way down.

Dustin hasn’t been knocked out in a while. If he can survive Gaethje, I think he can survive Conor. Dustin’s a different beast at lightweight, better chin & his boxing defense has improved dramatically. I think Conor is washed-up, maybe he’ll prove me wrong but I doubt it. Conor’s gonna get knocked cold with that dumb karate style hands all the way down.

I agree that Dustin has improved but even he admitted that Max hurt him yesterday and we know Max can't punch for shit. If Conor hits him it's game over a la MJ.

A] make sure his health allows him to make the safe cut so he can defend his title.

B] As talented as he is , we know you have a great chin. The point is to show it when its needed. I feel hes defensively wreckless and IT WILL catch up with him and then his career regresses and becomes another cautionary tale.

C] listen, I know theres not much positive in having an L next to your name but in last nights particular situation- his stock certainly didnt drop. Dustin has evolved to an elite 155er and Max moved up and fought one helluva of a close fight. His health should come first and after last night, I can definitely see a successful career at 155------- again, he can still be exciting as hell while tweaking his offensive exchanges from a defensive point of view.

I agree that Dustin has improved but even he admitted that Max hurt him yesterday and we know Max can't punch for shit. If Conor hits him it's game over a la MJ.
I kinda think that was just Dustin giving Max props & trying to show he was a “warrior”. I didn’t see Dustin ever get truly rocked in that fight. Conor’s whiskey reflexes are shot, he’s not going to be winning many more fights unless something changes drastically for him. Pillow-fisted Nate “the journeyman” Diaz even stung Conor which led to the first submission win. Conor keeps his hands too low, and that’s a recipe for a brutal knock-out sooner or later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back