Khabib vs Poirier next, what's next for Max?

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So after the great card last night. The next fight in the light weight is Poirier vs Khabib. How do you guys see that fight going?

Will Dustins high school wrestling background be enough to stuff Khabib's takedowns and keep the fight standing? He is a really hard puncher and in my opinion he outboxed Holloway, if not in the amount of punches landed but in the damage dealt. He was really close in the first round to knocking Max out and wobbled him good 2 times.

I was also impressed with Dustin's cardio and that he could keep a good pace throughout the fight.

In my opinion this will be a really interesting fight since Dustin has a better striking game than Khabib and also has BJJ black belt. His wrestling probably inferior to Khabib's, but might be enough to keep the fight standing in the later rounds.

What do you guys think.

About Max... maybe a rematch with Conor?

Because of Dustins power he is the only one who poses threat to Khabib. Tony posses threat on the floor with some wierd BJJ Sub out of nowhere. He is very versetile but not the strongest puncher

We just hope to See Dustin vs Khabib and Tony vs Khabib this year and will see

Feed Conor to these lions and end his hype for good.

Conor will gas in the 2nd at the pace Max presents.

Because of Dustins power he is the only one who poses threat to Khabib. Tony posses threat on the floor with some wierd BJJ Sub out of nowhere. He is very versetile but not the strongest puncher

We just hope to See Dustin vs Khabib and Tony vs Khabib this year and will see

I think Gaetche matches up best with Khabib, good enough wrestling not to get held down, brutal leg kicks, solid chin and power.

Yeah I think his "high school wrestling" will win it for him.

I think Gaetche matches up best with Khabib, good enough wrestling not to get held down, brutal leg kicks, solid chin and power.
He can't be getting dropped every other fight though if he wants the title shot, he needs to build up a decent win streak and for that he needs to fight smarter and be winning consistently.

Max might have Volkanovski if he gets past Aldo.

You can't go off his "highschool wrestling", as he has obviously developed it since then. It's like saying Khabib has "zero striking", when he has obviously developed that part of his game since turning pro.

I feel like Poirier lands some shots but Khabib gets the decision.

Defend his strap against Alexander if he wins. If Aldo wins then fuck knows

Max loses his next fight for sure. It always happens after a long streak ends

Defend his strap against Alexander if he wins. If Aldo wins then fuck knows

If Aldo wins, give Zabit the shot. Aldo can fight Ortega and continue his tour of killing everyone at 145 not named Max.

Also, is it just me or after watching tonight’s fight, does Max not seem like such a huge 145 lb fighter anymore?

And for a long time we all probably wanted to see Aldo at 155 but....He’d be a midget compared to guys like Dustin.

Volk if he beats Aldo should be obvious.

If Poirier loses to Khabib rematch at 145 could be decent option. But Max should have had a fight by then.

Tough fight for Dustin. Khabib has an iron chin & much improved striking & I wasn't impressed with Dustin's grappling last night. My suspicion is that Khabib smashes him pretty easily.

Khabib is great but I feel like Gaetche and Poirer are both very difficult fights for him.

I don't think Gaethje is going to stop Khabib from taking him down, but he might force Khabib to work very hard for those takedowns. Out of the Ferguson-Poirier-Gaethje trinity, Gaethje is the toughest fight for Khabib for sure.

Tough fight for Dustin. Khabib has an iron chin & much improved striking & I wasn't impressed with Dustin's grappling last night. My suspicion is that Khabib smashes him pretty easily.

This. I would rather see Gaethje vs Khabib.

Last night confirmed two things to me that I suspected already;

1. Khabib will destroy DP with ease. Dustin is so bad going backwards and Khabib will eat him up.

2. Conor would KO both Dustin and Max at LW.

Back