Khabib vs McGregor won't be close

I agree. If you asked me who takes it 6 months ago, I say Khabib without hesitation.
But since his fight vs Al Laquinta, I now think McGregor. I was so far from impressed with Khabib in his last fight, I kinda fear for him. Hopefully that was just an off night, but it hasn't cemented my confidence in him very well.
Khabib won it 50-43 without breaking a sweat.

Disagree

Nothing is guaranteed
It could end up looking like Mendes X Conor with both having their moments.

You're right but the majority of people are looking at this one dimensionally, Conor's clinch and ground game is a lot better than people give him credit for, this can be a war. Everyone forgets how unpredictable mma can get.

Very tough fight to predict. I think Khabib is gonna struggle to take Conor down in the 1st and 2nd round. Khabib’s grappling style is very different than Chads.
I really hope Khabib smashes him but I’m not gonna lie, I’m nervous for him in this fight. I don’t think he has a bad chin, but he can’t keep his chin up and head back the way he was against Al and walk forward like that.
If the fight goes past the 2nd round though I think Khabib will eventually wear him down and be able to secure takedowns.

He also doesn’t roll with punches at all. He’s very stiff. Really hard to say what happens. Both guys are so good at their respective craft but very inept at what the other excels at.

“Either one guy will win, or the other guy will win. “ Another brilliant Shertardian analysis.

This fight will be a complete domination. By who? I have no idea! That's why this one of the best fights to be made. I think we'll find out how the fight will go within the first minute.

If Khabib can get close and take down Conor in the first round, I think he will break him and the rest of the fight will he a classic Khabib smashing. All Khabib has to do is not get slept early.

Conor on the other hand, needs to catch Khabib early and he certainly has the ability to do so. If he can keep Khabib off him, he'll pick him apart rather easily.

Is this the best stylistic match up we've ever seen? The ultimate striker vs grappler match?

Does anybody think we'll see a war? If so, how do you see it playing to be anything other than a total blow out one way or the other?
10 bux they won't even fight.

This fight will be a complete domination. By who? I have no idea! That's why this one of the best fights to be made. I think we'll find out how the fight will go within the first minute.

If Khabib can get close and take down Conor in the first round, I think he will break him and the rest of the fight will he a classic Khabib smashing. All Khabib has to do is not get slept early.

Conor on the other hand, needs to catch Khabib early and he certainly has the ability to do so. If he can keep Khabib off him, he'll pick him apart rather easily.

Is this the best stylistic match up we've ever seen? The ultimate striker vs grappler match?

Does anybody think we'll see a war? If so, how do you see it playing to be anything other than a total blow out one way or the other?

I agree with you.
Whoever is able to impose their will, will dominate the other guy and make it look easy.

Back