Khabib vs Mcgregor ll

Rambo89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/1/...magomedov-conor-mcgregor-jorge-masvidal-fight

Dana keeps saying the fight to make is Conor vs Khabib 2 and its the fight he's going to make next instead of Masvidal vs Mcgregor... He keeps saying this as if Khabib vs Ferguson isn't happening.

What is going on? Is Tony getting screwed again or does Dana think Conor is willing to wait until after they fight in April?

Personally, I'd rather see Mcgregor vs Masvidal and I think that fight sells better than the rematch imo

giphy.gif

Out of curiosity, have you been asleep the last month TS?

does Dana think Conor is willing to wait until after they fight in April?
that.

Personally, I'd rather see Mcgregor vs Masvidal and I think that fight sells better than the rematch imo
I don't think it would sell better, even nationally, and certainly not internationally.

And I prefer Conor v Gaethje for the #1 LW Contender spot.

Yeah, it seems like Tony isnt a done deal i guess, they mention this a lot...also Dana said Masvidal vs Usman was another fight to make tho.

Conor/Masvidal is what we want and what we need.

With greedy claws the eagle flew, leaving chaos and widows on it's hunt.

Conor will be ready of Ferguson trips over a cord or Khabib blows the weight cut.

UFC would rather cash out with conor and have him lose and go back to being devalued than try to get more fights out of him for a greater payoff

Straight to the undeserved title shot I guess

The fight that literally no one wants to see. I'd be more interested in Nate 3 to be frank (no mir).

If I were Conor I'd avoid Mas. He'd likely get finished and even a W doesn't give him much more to gain than a very winnable fight vs Gaethje at 155 (I'd heavily favor Conor vs Gaethje). A likely show-stopping win over Gaethje at 155 would perfectly set the table for a Khabib rematch which would be the most hyped fight in UFC history

Biggest risk with that scenario is if Tony beats Khabib lol

Put McGregor vs Masvidal on the same card as Khabib vs Tony.

If both guys win, then they can fight. If not, you deal with whoever does win

Out of curiosity, have you been asleep the last month TS?

that.

I don't think it would sell better, even nationally, and certainly not internationally.

And I prefer Conor v Gaethje for the #1 LW Contender spot.

No, I have not been asleep. Dana doesn't specify when he would make the Mcgregor vs Khabib fight. Mcgregor has been very insistent on being active. Khabib vs Tony is happening in April meaning Khabib (if he wins) wouldnt be ready to fight again until AT LEAST July!

I highly doubt Conor wants to wait 7 months to fight again. Him vs Masvidal is the fight to make right now and if he wins that fight than make the rematch.

Also, Conor vs Gaethje is the least sellable fight between him, diaz, masvidal, or Khabib

Also, Conor vs Gaethje is the least sellable fight between him, diaz, masvidal, or Khabib
Agreed. That is why they won't make the most logical fight...if the sport were more driven by merit than personality.

Doesn't matter. Khabib or Tony both beat McGregor. Masvidal beats McGregor. Anyone who doesn't give in to his 1st round onslaught will beat him. So most of those guys in the ww top 10, and I'd say half the lws. Khabib whos standup is mediocre, stood and traded with him for shits and giggles, and dropped him. What do you think masvidal who can trade and eat shots as well as grapple will do to him? What will Tony do to him?

Don't worry though, he and Dana will cherry pick the fights to their choosing and continue making a mockery of the UFC.

Mcgregor has been very insistent on being active.
now I think you've been asleep for years.

he RETIRED last year. before and after that he went years between UFC fights.

I have little doubt you can find a quote from McGregor saying he wants to fight a lot, soon. That doesn't make it a fact.

Anyway. Back to what I think is your main question. Tony v Khabib is signed. Unless one of them drops out, that fight is on. That Dana is talking about Conor v Khabib as if Khabib will surely be champ in May is a little outside the normal, but far from atypical when it comes to Dana's blathering.

And my guess is that Conor does in fact wait until October to fight Khabib (after Tony & after Ramadan). I hope I'm wrong.

now I think you've been asleep for years.

he RETIRED last year. before and after that he went years between UFC fights.

I have little doubt you can find a quote from McGregor saying he wants to fight a lot, soon. That doesn't make it a fact.

Anyway. Back to what I think is your main question. Tony v Khabib is signed. Unless one of them drops out, that fight is on. That Dana is talking about Conor v Khabib as if Khabib will surely be champ in May is a little outside the normal, but far from atypical when it comes to Dana's blathering.

And my guess is that Conor does in fact wait until October to fight Khabib (after Tony & after Ramadan). I hope I'm wrong.

What are you talking about? I dunno if your trolling or just being an idiot.

Conor wants to fight three times this year and stated as soon as the PPV in March.. So just because you think everything Dana and Conor says is a lie that makes you think ive been asleep and not paying attention.. sit down man and shut up

What are you talking about? I dunno if your trolling or just being an idiot.

Conor wants to fight three times this year and stated as soon as the PPV in March.. So just because you think everything Dana and Conor says is a lie that makes you think ive been asleep and not paying attention.. sit down man and shut up
I already said I knew you could find a quote saying he wants to fight as much as he can. But he also said he's retired (months before that). And before announcing he was retired, he said he wanted to fight a lot.

This is you:

So let me make this very clear to you. He says lots of things. Instead of picking 1 thing he once said and calling it a fact, you should let his actions speak for themselves. And his actions are he's been in 2 MMA fights since 2016.

And for the record, I hope you're right and he fights a lot this year. Me and you hoping that still does not make it a fact.

But instead of bickering, let's get back to your original questions. "Is Tony still fighting Khabib in April?" The answer is "yes". That's all. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:
I already said I knew you could find a quote saying he wants to fight as much as he can. But he also said he's retired (months before that). And before announcing he was retired, he said he wanted to fight a lot.

This is you:

So let me make this very clear to you. He says lots of things. Instead of picking 1 thing he once said and calling it a fact, you should let his actions speak for themselves. And his actions are he's been in 2 MMA fights since 2016.

And for the record, I hope you're right and he fights a lot this year. Me and you hoping that still does not make it a fact.

That's nice man, Dana has said a lot of things as well that dont come to fruition. I am sorry you dont believe anything Conor says but thats on you.

I honestly dont think Conor is willing to wait 8 or 9 months to possibly fight Khabib IF he wins and thats a huge IF. What if Tony beats Khabib? Then the UFC will probably sign Conor to fight someone else.

Back