Khabib vs Justin = GSP vs Hendricks 2.0 ?

Beherit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just thought about it, we got a dominant champion with heavy wrestling, and we got an ultra violent challenger with KO power , and superb wrestling defense, the perfect style to beat the champion. That's fighting wise.

Even mental state wise, it looks very similar, the champion is in a tough spot emotionally, and the challenger is full of confidence.

could it be the same war ?

Last edited:
I just thought about it, we got a dominant champion with heavy wrestling, and we got an ultra violent challenger with KO power , and superb wrestling defense, the perfect style to beat the champion. That's fighting wise.

Even mental state wise, it looks very similar, the champion is in a tough spot emotionally, and the challenger is full of confidence.

could it be the same war ?
I don't think so. Very different styles and situations.

For example Hendricks was physically much stronger than GSP while Khabib is stronger than Gaethje in this case.

Hendricks was the better wrestler in that scenario while Khabib is the better wrestler in this fight.

Hendricks was the shorter fighter, Gaethje is taller.

Hendricks had 1 punch KO power while Gaethje has leg kicks.

Etc etc ...

Gathje is fucked on paper, the only thing that will help him is Khabib being in a weak mental state and having a rough weight cut cause he didn't even make weight.

From all the videos I saw, the absence of DC, Khabib might have had the weakest training camp ever.

Khabib might actually get owned tonight.

I don't think so. Very different styles and situations.

For example Hendricks was physically much stronger than GSP while Khabib is stronger than Gaethje in this case.

Hendricks was the better wrestler in that scenario while Khabib is the better wrestler in this fight.

Hendricks was the shorter fighter, Gaethje is taller.

Hendricks had 1 punch KO power while Gaethje has leg kicks.

Etc etc ...

Gathje is fucked on paper, the only thing that will help him is Khabib being in a weak mental state and having a rough weight cut cause he didn't even make weight.

From all the videos I saw, the absence of DC, Khabib might have had the weakest training camp ever.

Khabib might actually get owned tonight.
I agree and disagree, I am almost sure that justin is stronger. Dustin said it before, khabib aint that strong, dustin said he fought stronger guys in his career ( I think he was talking about Justin or alvarez ).

Justin is crazy strong, you just have to watch the number of slam he has done in his career.

GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Hendricks 100 per cent. Like khabib is compared to justin. In a freestyle wrestling match, hendricks and justin are better I believe. The analogy is very good I think.

I don't think it's the same at all. Khabib and GSP might both have great wrestling and both use wrestling effectively, but they are not similar fighters at all. I wouldn't say that Gaethje and Hendricks are similar either.

Hendricks used his wrestling way more than Gaethje. I also think he hits harder and is stronger
p4p Justin hit harder, he has a way higher finishing rate.

Strong wise p4p, hendricks might be stronger, we know why ...

I don't think it's the same at all. Khabib and GSP might both have great wrestling and both use wrestling effectively, but they are not similar fighters at all. I wouldn't say that Gaethje and Hendricks are similar either.
I am not saying they are the same fighters, I am saying the dynamics are very similar.

yes and no. I see why you're drawing this comparison, but I think Khabib is much more dangerous and has a much higher finishing rate to back that up. However, this has the same kind of questions as the GSP vs Hendricks fight.

p4p Justin hit harder, he has a way higher finishing rate.

Strong wise p4p, hendricks might be stronger, we know why ...
Justin knocked out Vick who has a glass chin, Barboza who struggles with pressure. He couldn't properly finish Ferguson. Hendricks knocked out Fitch in seconds and he hadn't been finished in nearly a decade. And Kampmann was knocked out cold even Paul Daley couldn't knock him unconscious

Justin knocked out Vick who has a glass chin, Barboza who struggles with pressure. He couldn't properly finish Ferguson. Hendricks knocked out Fitch in seconds and he hadn't been finished in nearly a decade. And Kampmann was knocked out cold even Paul Daley couldn't knock him unconscious
I am looking at stats mate, justin's finishing rate is much higher ... and barboza has a good chin. Justin fnished tony.

I am looking at stats mate, justin's finishing rate is much higher ... and barboza has a good chin. Justin fnished tony.
Finished him because he took a beating, but he couldn't drop him once even though Pettis even did. Barboza has a decent chin but struggles with pressure. If he knocks out Khabib Gaethje will prove me wrong though

I agree and disagree, I am almost sure that justin is stronger. Dustin said it before, khabib aint that strong, dustin said he fought stronger guys in his career ( I think he was talking about Justin or alvarez ).

Justin is crazy strong, you just have to watch the number of slam he has done in his career.

GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Hendricks 100 per cent. Like khabib is compared to justin. In a freestyle wrestling match, hendricks and justin are better I believe. The analogy is very good I think.

I can't agree on the GSP and Hendricks wrestling part cause Hendricks was better in their fight. GSP didn't outwrestle him.

I haven't heard about the Justin being stronger than Khabib thing. If true it would help him a lot.

It's going to be a fun night either way :)

Khabib losing would open up sooooo many matchups.

I can see the comparison but Hendricks was a different monster

GSP got his jab shut down by a southpaw Hendricks and ended up in a rear hand battle with a more powerful striker. GSP couldnt go to his wrestling because he shoots off the aforementioned jab and Hendricks was a better wrestler anyway.

Literally none of those dynamics are similar with khabib gaethje :)

Back