Khabib vs Gaethje in normal circumstances

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
How would this fight have played out if Gaethje's parents were not in attendance OR if they were in attendance but if Khabib was the typical fighter who fights the same regardless of whether the opponent's parents are watching live?

- We all know Khabib took it easy because Gaethje's parents were watching, he didn't want to hurt him.

- Khabib said he feels a lack of energy without fans in the crowd

- Of course his broken toes must have hurt his mobility a little bit.

I think it would be a few 10-8 rounds with a submission or KO whenever Khabib decided to - say late 2nd or 3rd round.

Non-parental Gaethje wouldn't have stood a chance

Last edited:
Didn't Khabib already decimate him? How much worse could it have possible been in other circumstances?

I say same finish. Or he really does for the arm bar and ends up in the end of round 1.

Khabib likes his 2 last opponents.
That's why he didn't do ground and pound on Poirier and Gaethje.
If it was Conrat he would make him eat ground and pound.

Nothing changes. Like his best friend Conor, Khabib always comes up with self serving stories. Is normal.
khabib didn't talk about his bad camp first, dana and javier did.

Khabib had his worst camp possible and made his toughest match up in the division look like an amateur.

( we re not talking about imaginary injuries here like costa and conor, here we're talking about real hospitalization in dubai + broken toe )

the exact same. maybe gaethje ko's him

Khabib likes his 2 last opponents.
That's why he didn't do ground and pound on Poirier and Gaethje.
If it was Conrat he would make him eat ground and pound.

Gaethje didn't need any ground and pound because Khabib had such easy routes to submissions.

Also:

Guy that Khabib "likes" ???
maxresdefault.jpg

Guy that Khabib hates?
conor-mcgregor-leaves-cage-after-ufc-229-1040x572.jpg

Khabib fights the same regardless of the opponent. He respected Michael Johnson so much but he absolutely battered him and told him to give up. Same with Iaquinta, he was shit talking Al while they were striking. There's no way you're an actual Khabib fan and you don't know this.

Justin has no ground game, Khabib mauls him everytime.

Gaethje didn't need any ground and pound because Khabib had such easy routes to submissions.

Also:

Guy that Khabib "likes" ???
maxresdefault.jpg

Guy that Khabib hates?
conor-mcgregor-leaves-cage-after-ufc-229-1040x572.jpg

Khabib fights the same regardless of the opponent. He respected Michael Johnson so much but he absolutely battered him and told him to give up. Same with Iaquinta, he was shit talking Al while they were striking. There's no way you're an actual Khabib fan and you don't know this.

If I cut my finger or I get punched in the face without cut or visible damage. Which one is more painfull?
Conrat ate by far the hardest punches of Khabib. Both in the stand up game and ground and pound.

Khabib gave Poirier 1 ground and pound of 3 seconds.

Khabib was ground and pounding Conrat 2 minutes and then went for a kimura.

If I cut my finger or I get punched in the face without cut or visible damage. Which one is more painfull?
Conrat ate by far the hardest punches of Khabib. Both in the stand up game and ground and pound.

Khabib gave Poirier 1 ground and pound of 3 seconds.

Khabib was ground and pounding Conrat 2 minutes and then went for a kimura.

I never argued that he gave Conor less ground and pound than Poirier. Your argument is just baseless. Khabib "liking" his opponents has nothing to do with how he fights them. If you look at the Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, and Al Iaquinta fights, those are clearly 3 guys that he respects / "likes".

He landed
94 strikes on Michael Johnson
89 strikes on Edson Barboza
134 on Al Iaquinta
McGregor only ate 70 strikes, and his fight went longer than Barboza & Johnson.

So by your standards, he hated those 3 guys more than Conor because he gave them more ground and pound / landed more strikes.

The reality is, he became a lot more submission heavy after the Iaquinta fight. From his return fight in December 2017 to the Al fight in April 2018, he went to decision twice. His ground and pound was damaging but it wasn't enough to end the fights. His submission game is elite so he just focused more on that

How would this fight have played out if Gaethje's parents were not in attendance OR if they were in attendance but if Khabib was the typical fighter who fights the same regardless of whether the opponent's parents are watching live?

- We all know Khabib took it easy because Gaethje's parents were watching, he didn't want to hurt him.

- Khabib said he fels a lack of energy without fans in the crowd

I think it would be a few 10-8 rounds with a submission or KO whenever Khabib decided to - say late 2nd or 3rd round.

If abdulmanap did not die and khabib didn't know that gaethje was close with his parents. Late second round stoppage. Gaethje gets mauled and beat on for good measure than taps. Khabib makes sure to take him down several times after gassing gaethje out to show how weak Division 1 wrestling defense is against dagestani wrestling than submits gaethje.

- Khabib said he fels a lack of energy without fans in the crowd

Conner better bring his parents to the next fight against Khabib if he learned anything from Gaetje's fight. I can also see Dee begging Khabib on her knees in miniskirt to release the choke on Conner lifeless body, next time they fight.

I never argued that he gave Conor less ground and pound than Poirier. Your argument is just baseless. Khabib "liking" his opponents has nothing to do with how he fights them. If you look at the Michael Johnson, Edson Barboza, and Al Iaquinta fights, those are clearly 3 guys that he respects / "likes".

He landed
94 strikes on Michael Johnson
89 strikes on Edson Barboza
134 on Al Iaquinta
McGregor only ate 70 strikes, and his fight went longer than Barboza & Johnson.

So by your standards, he hated those 3 guys more than Conor because he gave them more ground and pound / landed more strikes.

The reality is, he became a lot more submission heavy after the Iaquinta fight. From his return fight in December 2017 to the Al fight in April 2018, he went to decision twice. His ground and pound was damaging but it wasn't enough to end the fights. His submission game is elite so he just focused more on that

He was not a champion yet.
He had to smash for getting a titleshot.
Smash was his marketing method. It took him 9 or 10 wins to get a shot.
"I don't come for money. I come for smash.' :)
As a champion he doesn't have to be exciting. He has already a name and image.
He can choke people out like in the beginning of his professional career.

Sherdog is so obsessed about useless hypothetical scenarios, SMH.

Reactions: xP
Back