Khabib vs Cowboy was supposed to happen 2015. Could Cowboy have ended Khabibs streak right then?

O0kbI7yfkEXK5Y4EBwooafZDyg9aihPGye-hGmFhBEZhOtxete1JsEWzcVdboMJ06hKbWSqSyHVMKhFcOA3yE3hHoAPODIacKmB_-2dB-wnV6pjNhSLd8QFzJvXJpHdAOZraH68XqqMxdzvl4WMLTQ6_OA

This was when Cowboy was tearing through the LW division with 7 straight wins. People shit on Cowboy alot for not being an elite fighter, but i always thought he matched up well with Khabib.
Cowbum would have gotten a beating worse than Barboza and MJ lol

Dude is lucky the fight never happened

That mighty Cerrone who talk shit about also beat Eddie Alverez and Ben Hendrerson, both championship level fighters. The problem is you clowns criticize Cerrone for choking in fights, but yet don't give credit when he performs in them. Fact of the matter is Cerrone vs top competition would lose some and win some, so he was very capable of beating Khabib. And in 2015 is when Donald was at his very best and had a crazy win streak beating several top fighters.
You know shit.
Go ask cowbum and he would tell you himself he would've never fought Khabib

Khabib's mental strength, Iron chin and sheer will to win V Donalds performance dysfunction when facing anything vaguely resembling pressure.

Khabib would fold Donald like a paper swan.
Donald's won plenty of wars. Lawler came at him like a bat out of hell and Donald showed grit. Ended up losing the close decision.
Eddie was punishing him early. Donald weathered the storm and smacked him back.

You talk like he's some kind of quitter

Cowboy is a solid grappler with crafty subs, but let's not get carried away and pretend he's a world-class bjj player. Who's the best grappler Cowboy has subbed off his back? Evan Dunham back in 2013? Dunham was solid on the ground, but Khabib is a different animal altogether. The only time we've seen Khabib in a precarious position on the ground was Dustin's guillotine, and Khabib masterfully got out and immediately finished Dustin.

It's a very easy fight for Khabib. At this point, it seems pretty clear that in order to truly threaten Khabib, a fighter would need to be either: 1) an elite wrestler who could stop Khabib's takedowns; or 2) an elite bjj player off his back. Cowboy was neither.

You know shit.
Go ask cowbum and he would tell you himself he would've never fought Khabib

Yes yes! You know everything. Now run along little boy and take your vast knowledge and share it with world.

O0kbI7yfkEXK5Y4EBwooafZDyg9aihPGye-hGmFhBEZhOtxete1JsEWzcVdboMJ06hKbWSqSyHVMKhFcOA3yE3hHoAPODIacKmB_-2dB-wnV6pjNhSLd8QFzJvXJpHdAOZraH68XqqMxdzvl4WMLTQ6_OA

This was when Cowboy was tearing through the LW division with 7 straight wins. People shit on Cowboy alot for not being an elite fighter, but i always thought he matched up well with Khabib.
he was tearing through the LW division ???
did he won the title or did I miss something

Cowboy is a warrior but he had nothing for Khabib. In fact no one in the LW division has anything for him. Not Cowboy , not Gaethje , not Tony , not Conor not everyone else. The Eagle is simply in a class of his own at LW. WW would be different but Khabib never had the intention to fight at 170 so we'll never know

It's a shame on the record of Cowboy. He can't tell his grand children that he fought the greatest UFC fighter in history and it was an honour to be choked out by the greatest UFC fighter of all time.

That mighty Cerrone who talk shit about also beat Eddie Alverez and Ben Hendrerson, both championship level fighters. The problem is you clowns criticize Cerrone for choking in fights, but yet don't give credit when he performs in them. Fact of the matter is Cerrone vs top competition would lose some and win some, so he was very capable of beating Khabib. And in 2015 is when Donald was at his very best and had a crazy win streak beating several top fighters.

Khabib kills the choker, stop being idiotic

Khabib also destroys Eddie or Benson, or bj or frankie, or sherk! Lol

FFS there are levels to this and cowboy hasn't a prayer

Khabib easy win anytime

Cowboy would have been at his best. Not because he was in his prime or anything like that. Khabib wasn't the big star he is now and Cowboy wouldn't have choked. That said, I don't see him beating Khabib, even then. However, he would have had a shot and been at his best.

Yes yes! You know everything. Now run along little boy and take your vast knowledge and share it with world.

Why don't you share your vast knowledge?

How the fuck does cowboy beat khabib? I'm dying to know, because I can't see that happening

I have atually just checked out 2016 Khabib v Horchner, a part time fighter. After that I watched Cowboy. I was curious how they looked in retrospect and THAT Khabib is beatable by THAT Cowboy. I think you guys don't realise how much better the Eagle became and how legit Cerrone was. To be fair, Cowboy would be the underdog, but he would have had more of a chance than Gaethje , Conor or Poirier.

Cowboy would have been at his best. Not because he was in his prime or anything like that. Khabib wasn't the big star he is now and Cowboy wouldn't have choked. That said, I don't see him beating Khabib, even then. However, he would have had a shot and been at his best.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Khabib isn’t a big shit talker and the time this fight would have taken place I’m not sure if Cowboy would have felt the pressure that he has in big opportunity fights. Plus I don’t feel Khabib was a great striker at the time. I’m not saying he would have won but the timing of the fight probably was his best opportunity to win.

Any version of Khabib dominating and beating any version of cowbum is common knowledge :D

ALWAYS bet Khabib

I have atually just checked out 2016 Khabib v Horchner, a part time fighter. After that I watched Cowboy. I was curious how they looked in retrospect and THAT Khabib is beatable by THAT Cowboy. I think you guys don't realise how much better the Eagle became and how legit Cerrone was. To be fair, Cowboy would be the underdog, but he would have had more of a chance than Gaethje , Conor or Poirier.
That Khabib was a rusty Khabib coming off a 2 year layoff lol

And still Khabib took on a 5 round main event with Tony but Tony dropped out because of "blood in his lungs" ...

No cerrone would have got GnP'd. His tdd is not nearly there to stand a chance. max Holloway on the other hand...

No cerrone would have got GnP'd. His tdd is not nearly there to stand a chance. max Holloway on the other hand...
Holloway would lose just the same. His takedown defense is child's play for Khabib. He has no chance whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back