Khabib vs Cowboy was supposed to happen 2015. Could Cowboy have ended Khabibs streak right then?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
O0kbI7yfkEXK5Y4EBwooafZDyg9aihPGye-hGmFhBEZhOtxete1JsEWzcVdboMJ06hKbWSqSyHVMKhFcOA3yE3hHoAPODIacKmB_-2dB-wnV6pjNhSLd8QFzJvXJpHdAOZraH68XqqMxdzvl4WMLTQ6_OA

This was when Cowboy was tearing through the LW division with 7 straight wins. People shit on Cowboy alot for not being an elite fighter, but i always thought he matched up well with Khabib.

Back then, I don't know if khabib had this crazy bbj that he has now, but pretty sure he would have mauled cowboy.

I understand Khabib being the favourite in this fight, but not a chance? Cowboy's main problem was vs better strikers
It was slightly hyperbolic, but nah.

He's getting taken down pretty much right away. Looking at that respectable run Cowboy had, I don't see any grapplers that could really effectively implement their game. Cowboy was fairly innovative in a scramble but nowhere near polished enough to land in a favorable position unless he clips Khabib, which isn't impossible but highly, highly unlikely imo.

I'm a huge Cowboy fan but this is a stylistic nightmare for him. Cerrone is slick off his back but not enough to keep Khabib off him. I feel like his kick heavy game would also work against him here
What about knees? Cowboy has crazy knees and elbows up close. This would get interesting in the clinch.

In what way does Cowboy ever match up well with someone that has crazy forward pressure.
Cowboy folded when the pressure came with some heat striking wise. Not grappling.

People will give you a hard time, but cowboys range and sub game would have made it more entertaining than most of Khabibs fights.

I'm stretching to agree, but another thing working against Cowboy is that he always folds under the Bright Lights, and I think a fight with Khabib who although wasn't really an established name still carried the same pressure and big fight Feel. It's been clear for a MINUTE that Khabib was primed to rule LW and even Conor at the time or before said he felt Khabib would have the belt.

Cowboy vs hazmat or cowboy vs chandler. Book it Silva :cool:

Back