Khabib vs Conor in Russia?!

Aldo defended in Brazil. So did Werdum. Good chance Bisping gets England. I'm okay with defending wherever. But for Conor's first defense in Russia it's stupid.

Don't see how it's stupid tbh shouldn't be that big a deal

would be badass to have a UFC event in Russia.Do it outdoors with snow and shit.......have jets flying overhead with the communist flag waving. While all the Americans come out to "rock you like a hurricane" by the scorpions

Don't forget that the promo video for Conor/Khabib needs to be done Rocky IV style.

GOAT training montage.

None of it makes sense.

Why would they make the champion, who happens to biggest star, fight a Russian guy in his home country.

They usually put their biggest ppv stars on big cards to ensure success.

The UFC is trying to eliminate three contenders. Why would Conor all of a suddenly want to fight Khabib.

So, when RDA defended against Alvarez in the US, you were on here campaigning for them to move the fight to Brazil or outside the US?

PPV sales make up a huge part of the UFC's revenue. To my knowledge UFC fights are free everywhere around the world outside of the U.S. So it makes perfect sense to have a majority of the fights in the U.S. where they stand to make the most money.

So, if they fight in Moscow, which is nearly 2000 miles away from Khabib's home town/training town(which is as far as Las Vegas is from anywhere in the continental US except the east coast), will that be OK?

When Guys from brazil fight. It doesn't matter what part of brazil they're from...They are cheered and his opponent is boood. The united states is different...Our loyalties are for guys from our own state, not just the country....Sad but true.

PPV sales make up a huge part of the UFC's revenue. To my knowledge UFC fights are free everywhere around the world outside of the U.S. So it makes perfect sense to have a majority of the fights in the U.S. where they stand to make the most money.
And if they go to Russia, Conor vs. Khabib would make the UFC the most money for the event in Russia. So, you should have no probably with that happening. So, you should have no problem with that.

And if they go to Russia, Conor vs. Khabib would make the UFC the most money for the event in Russia. So, you should have no probably with that happening. So, you should have no problem with that.

I don't no have a problem with anything they do and of course it would make them the most money in Russia but would it make more than New York?

When Guys from brazil fight. It doesn't matter what part of brazil they're from...They are cheered and his opponent is boood. The united states is different...Our loyalties are for guys from our own state, not just the country....Sad but true.
Okay, even though that's not really true. There have been plenty of times when Brazilian fighter have fought in or extremely close to the American fighters home town. Nog defended against Mir in Las Vegas, Dos Santos defended against Mir and Cain(<500m from home town) in Las Vegas, and Silva defended against Sonnon in Nortern Cal.(500m from Oregon).

The point is, no one ever said anything. These objections are not because it is truly unfair or unheard of. These are solely do to Conor's fans having a warped sense of fairness and a belief that Conor deserves more protection than other champions. Which is complete bull.

I don't no have a problem with anything they do and of course it would make them the most money in Russia but would it make more than New York?
You mean more than UFC 205?Probably not, but neither would Conor fighting Khabib anywhere. Khabib is as big(or less so) of a draw as Alvarez and without the whole "two belt/history" build up, it's probably not going to be as big no matter where they fight.

But Conor vs Khabib for the belt in Russia will give the best chance of the fight going over well both worldwide and in Russia. Which is what the UFC wants everytime they go somewhere new.

So, when RDA defended against Alvarez in the US, you were on here campaigning for them to move the fight to Brazil or outside the US?

Just because I feel a certain way does not mean I need to be out in the streets screaming about it

Back