Khabib vs. Barboza, now thats a fight id like to see! :)

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabibs stellar takedowns vs Edsons amazing takedown defense... would be great!

I do agree that Khabib needs a top ten win before he gets a shot, he's won one fight at 160 pounds since 2014.

If it stays on its feet, it could be very intriguing.

Not sure Barboza could stop Khabibs TDs.

But if he could, shit would get REAL interesting, real quick.

Khabib couldn't get a single TD when he fought someone with a great TDD. Most forgot that. And he did try to get a TD, quite a lot, it was like 15 or 13 attemps and all got defended.

Fighting someone with Barboza TDD and striking, he would most like get dominated.

I think Khabib beats him easily

Ferguson vs Barboza would be intense

Ferguson vs Barboza would be intense

It was.

ZealousExhaustedCrayfish.gif

I agree with TS... fight makes perfect sense, winner is clearcut #1 contender assuming Tony Ferg already had a title shot by then.

Edson has been doing good against people looking to shoot on him khabib would mix up his takedowns a lot more and Edsons chin is pretty fragile khabib could probably catch him over 5 rounds too

Khebab is taking a well deserved rest, man, leave him alone; he's not a machine.

RDA was top 10 when he beat him.
Yeah, but that fight happened two years and three months ago. My point was that he hasn't fought a top tier fighter since April 2014. That's a long time. It's not all his fault, but he definitely contributed significantly.

As long as khabibs legs don't fall off in the first round, I see him grinding out 5 rounds over Barboza... As much as I want Edson to win, I think khabibs sambo and pressure would get him the W.

RDA, Healy, Tavares, Tibau, Shalorus. Most of Khabib's opponents have been grapplers. It's about time he got a matchup against a striker, especially one with TDD. I really think this is the fight to make.

Yeah, but that fight happened two years and three months ago. My point was that he hasn't fought a top tier fighter since April 2014. That's a long time. It's not all his fault, but he definitely contributed significantly.

Cerrone pulled out against him.

we need to see Khabib vs Ferguson, my God the fight has been booked about 10 times and yet it still hasn't happened, this is the fight we need

Back