Khabib v Conor is the Fedor v Crocop of this era

Fedor won the fight because half the fight he was on top of cro cop. He didn’t just choose to stand all fight. He wore him down in the first by spending over 5 minutes on top of cro cop. But yes fedor held his own with cro cop standing (arguably getting the better), which is unlikely for khabib.

Yea, that’s what I saw.
I don’t know why people act like Fedor won a kickboxing match against CC.

And Mirko had wrestling. What's your point?
I’m not what YOURS is but Conor has wrestling on par with Mirko. I feel it’s better. His BJJ is significantly better. My point is the Mirko/Conor comparison is more appropriate than Fedor/Khabib.

If Khabib was a well established champ and Conor coming up through the mma ranks with a few losses I could see more of a comparison.

Khabib must continue The Legacy :: echo on Legacy ::

If Khabib was a well established champ and Conor coming up through the mma ranks with a few losses I could see more of a comparison.
Shut up.

Its a good comparison of the striker/grappler battle in biggest mma fight of its time. You go to Hell. You go to Hell and you die!

I’m not what YOURS is but Conor has wrestling on par with Mirko. I feel it’s better. His BJJ is significantly better. My point is the Mirko/Conor comparison is more appropriate than Fedor/Khabib.
Shut up. Khabib and Fedor reppin Combat Sambo to its maximum fx,thats whats up.

its way harder to beat conor on feet than cro cop.. so thats why we wont see that from khabib
Shut up. K-1 Khabib should...

still take this fight to the ground asap

Khabib outstruck lw's best striker in Barboza- on the feet. Not because he had superior standup skills but because he dominated him so heavily on the ground that it effected his whole gameplan and offense. The threat of a khabib takedown has opponents so shook that they become novice strikers out of fear.
barobzas hands are overrated

Shut up. Khabib and Fedor reppin Combat Sambo to its maximum fx,thats whats up.
You’re an idiot. They do not fight the same, they have different skill sets. They have sambo in common and brutal GNP but the comparisons end there. Khabib can’t bust a grape standing, and his striking is rudimentary at best although improving. Fedor had a combination of speed and power that struck fear into guys. Instead of telling people to “shut up,” stop being a lazy jerk and offer something up to back up your position....it’s not like your on a DISCUSSION board or something right?

Shut up.

Its a good comparison of the striker/grappler battle in biggest mma fight of its time. You go to Hell. You go to Hell and you die!
Ok..Ok..I'll die but I won't shut up. From a striker/grappler standpoint that we haven't seen at this magnitude for a while and if TS snagged the nick Stylebender I wouldn't have came at him as ruthless as I did.

You’re an idiot. They do not fight the same, they have different skill sets. They have sambo in common and brutal GNP but the comparisons end there. Khabib can’t bust a grape standing, and his striking is rudimentary at best although improving. Fedor had a combination of speed and power that struck fear into guys. Instead of telling people to “shut up,” stop being a lazy jerk and offer something up to back up your position....it’s not like your on a DISCUSSION board or something right?
Shut yer yapper. Khabib and Fedor (His name be praised) dont have to be identical for this obvious comparison to the Fedor/crocop fight to be made,for even the most dim witted of posters can rightly be reminded of that titanic battle,with this titanic battle of epic proportions and life changing forum wars.

Fedor also beat CroCop at his own game (standup), something we wont see from Khabib.
If he tries, he won't see a round 2. But he has to know that.

Shut yer yapper. Khabib and Fedor (His name be praised) dont have to be identical for this obvious comparison to the Fedor/crocop fight to be made,for even the most dim witted of posters can rightly be reminded of that titanic battle,with this titanic battle of epic proportions and life changing forum wars.
Well if you weren’t too stupid or lazy to read you’d know that I said as much in a follow up comment. And I even prefaced my original comment by saying I wasn’t trying to nitpick.

If he tries, he won't see a round 2. But he has to know that.
Thats what im afraid of. He better spam ankle pics and double legs. Listen to his coaches etc

Well if you weren’t too stupid or lazy to read you’d know that I said as much in a follow up comment. And I even prefaced my original comment by saying I wasn’t trying to nitpick.
I reccomend yellow cards be attached to your account
Reason: nitpicking.

I will contact the mods at noon today.

so that means we'll see khabib testing his stand up abilities against conor and wining? I hope so

I reccomend yellow cards be attached to your account
Reason: nitpicking.

I will contact the mods at noon today.
Sure thing hall monitor. Make sure you mention your penchant for telling people to "shut up" when you have absolutely nothing intelligent to offer to discussions.

Definitely similar in terms of hype within the MMA community.

Fedor vs CC was a fight between 2 of the most respectable fighters of that era. The fight was highly anticipated by hardcore MMA fans because of the who's who that both of them defeated culminating to their showdown. Eventually, all drama occurred in the ring.

Khabib vs Conor is highly anticipated by MMA and non-MMA fans alike due to incessant gloating, cussing, twitter wars and a bus incident. While there's no doubt it will be a heck of a fight, expect more drama to occur outside the cage rather than inside.

Interesting how MMA fans demographics have evolved.

Back