Khabib v Askren. Who takes it?

I'm absolutely convinced Lima would have beaten Rory had he stepped back and forced him to get up after chopping him down with leg kicks instead of following him to the floor.

Askren mauled Lima.

I'd say Lima has improved a lot more since then than Askren has though.

Lots of good replies. For me, Askren has been fighting cans for years now, while Khabib has been fighting better guys for sure.

Askren is def world class wrestler though.

I can't pick this one. I'm going to say split decision, but I don't know who wins.

I’d say Askren. I think it’d go the same as a Khabib v GSP fight, Askren would have strong enough wrestling to nullify Khabib’s, which leaves it mainly a striking contest. And who’s got the better standup? Probably Askren. It’s one of those styles make fights situations. I could see Askren being to Khabib what Diaz is to Conor.

I’m not going on I go that far, hard fight for me to favor one over the other, that said...
it’d b fun to be watch both of their different chain wrestling styles which they both rock out at counter the other.

It’d be fun to watch for a lot of us.

Last edited:
Honestly probably Askren

He gets a lot of shit for his level of competition, but he's clearly an elite fighter.
Just ask yourself, do you think Askren is better than Colby? Because Colby is a top 3 WW right now.
No way Askren beats RDA

Colby would toy with him on the feet; very underrated striker.

That would be a crazy Intresting fight

Askren is so overrated. Remember how will brooks did in ufc? or lombard?

Khabib would smash Askren. Askren wasn't even a world class wrestler, he made one olympic team and did terrible.
Askren in considered one of the greatest college wrestler ever. His style was "funky" and extemely hard to train for and counter. He has the ncaa pin record in a season, 3rd all time for pins in ncaa div 1, back to back don hodge trophy winner.

You dont know what the fuck your talking about.

Yea he did.

Prime RDA lost to Guida, Stephens, Tibau, Ferg, Eddie, Khabib...etc.

Colby got choked out by Warlley Alves.
If you watched fights instead of being fixated on Askren's immaculate Wiki page, you'd know that he lost to Hieron, and RDA was not even close to his prime when he lost to Stephens and Guida.

I just love how you threw out RDA losing to Ferg, Khabib, and Eddie like he lost to three cans <45>

Askren would destroy him. Easy fight. He probably out strikes him, too.

If you watched fights instead of being fixated on Askren's immaculate Wiki page, you'd know that he lost to Hieron,

1. Askren entered prime after Heiron.
2. Askren said he stopped training his wrestling for that fight to become more well rounded and sayd it was his boggest training mistake.
3. Watched the fight and Askren won. So did you actually watch or are you just parroting Askren hater literature. (Waits for you tell me how badass Sapo was for that minute and a half).
4. MMA Decisions website only had 3 scorecards but they all went to Askren.

Screenshot_20180828-000230.png

2. Askren said he stopped training his wrestling for that fight to become more well rounded and sayd it was his boggest training mistake.
3. Watched the fight and Askren won. So did you actually watch or are you just parroting Askren hater literature. (Waits for you tell me how badass Sapo was for that minute and a half).

View attachment 428091
He's the same fighter now that he was back then, and still fought to a razor close decision against a B-level fighter who was well past it. Watch Woodley and GSP's performances against Hieron to understand what truly elite fighters do to him.

He's the same fighter now that he was back then, and still fought to a razor close decision against a B-level fighter who was well past it. Watch Woodley and GSP's performances against Hieron to understand what truly elite fighters do to him.

Heiron was in his prime, not sure i'd call him B-Level at the time of the fight. Just seems B-Level because he fell apart after.

https://mover.uz/watch/A5KPTRJm/?start=10

A link to the fight if anyone is bored enough to want to score it again, it wasn't particulary exciting.

khabib would jab askren face off

Yeah, with his little T-Rex arms

View attachment 428091

That’s how I remember it.
Hieron was no slouch either. He didn’t have much for a chin, but he was an outstanding grappler. He was a big part of what Xtreme Couture was doing at that time.

Back