Khabib tweet about Pettis fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MacPherson911, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MacPherson911

MacPherson911 Blue Belt

Khabib just tweeted that he heard that he isn't getting the next shot at Anthony Pettis. If he's not, who is? Dos Anjos? Anybody heard anything?

2. MuffinGod11

MuffinGod11 Flaming Gentleman's Turd of Justice Belt

RDA dude, where you've been?

Khabib is injured he should stop being so annoying

3. xMaxPower

xMaxPower Black Belt

yes its RDA

4. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

The bear should have been putting a muzzle on him.

5. AJ Garcia

AJ Garcia Level 10 Keyboard warrior Professional Fighter

God damn this guy is annoying. Even conor started to quiet down when he was recovering. It's like he doesn't know that the division doesn't stop and wait for contenders to heal from injuries.

6. M4R5

M4R5 Blue Belt

Pretty much this.

7. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

Conor was calling out the whole FW top 10 one by one and trying to get a fight with Diego.

8. Hendo101

Hendo101 Purple Belt

Khabib vs Cowboy/Jury winner

9. JonSnitchPhones

Oh, he knows. He bitched about Pettis holding up the division when he had his injury. Now he's asking for the division to be held up by his.

He wants the world to revolve around him because he needs it to. He's desperate to lock Pettis in for his next defense, in part because I think Ramadan is in June/July, so if he doesn't get this one he may well not get the next either, and has to fight once again, then maybe wait. But he wanted the UFC and Pettis to make the fight exactly on his terms. He tweeted out his dream that he fight Pettis on May 23rd, so probably adequate recovery time, and right before Ramadan. Of course that's a far cry from when Pettis and the UFC probably want him to fight, and that's March 14th.

This was never going to happen, not because UFC and Pettis are scary a one-dimensional lay and prayer will beat him over the course of five rounds, but rather he had ACL surgery just over 5 months ago. Major knee injuries, how do they work again? Oh, that's right, they take approximately a year, give or take a couple months, to recover from. Meaning, Khabib was never an option from a timing standpoint. Khabib tried, now he really just needs to move on already.

10. hot carl

hot carl Gold Belt

t.j. grant anybody?

anybody?

11. Arkade

Arkade Green Belt

12. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

The more we see Pettis, the better it is for all of us. The guy is an amazing entertainer and when facing anyone less than a grappling Chimera, such as Khabib, he will electrify. That being said, I'm not sold on RDA's legitimacy after getting utterly emasculated by Khabib...really, really humiliating and makes no sense to put a guy in a title fight when such a public neutering just took place less than a year ago.

That being said, I think the UFC wants to build up Pettis a bit more, get him back on people's minds before sending him off to the vet to be gelded. If the odds are anything > -500 for Pettis, I may bet my farm on it.

UFC is a really smartly run business, they knew Gil was gonna get tuned up, they knew Anderson couldn't handle a grappling beast wrestler, they know boys that can't wear a hat straight will steal mama's credit card to buy a Nick Diaz fight, just like they know Khabib will throw Pettis from pillar to post sending the sheeple into a keyboard frenzy but not after they milk the cow a little more.

13. JonSnitchPhones

They don't know much of what you said.

Melendez got the title shot in part because they were exhilarated by the Diego brawl, and in part because they had to match Bellator's contract.

And with 5 rounds to finish, Pettis should beat any beast wrestler, especially if they are one-dimensional. Khabib has to take Pettis down repeatedly for 25 minutes, avoiding gassing and kill shots standing or ground, while being predictable. The Guida fight was virtually meaningless being an octagon debut that bucked trends for Pettis. UFC and Pettis are in no position to be scary of Khabib right now, if they ever would given his style. He'll be nowhere near ready to fight when Pettis is. When he is, Pettis and the UFC should have little problem dealing w/ Khabib.

14. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit Double Yellow Card

I will have to settle for this, I don't need dubs.

15. ovbious

ovbious Brown Belt

So his religion won't let him provide for his family for a while? Did I get it right?

As far as I know, they can work on this period.

He wouldn't be that stupid to throw away a chance because of that, would he?

Or is there something I am missing?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  16. JonSnitchPhones

.....in the name of religion.

I think you technically can make exceptions in special cases, and just make the sacrifices later in the year. I think Khalidov fought during Ramadan one year. But it depends on how devout you are, and I don't think it could be a regular thing for anyone. So that might always be an actual hang-up for UFC having him as champion. In addition to the style and nationality. But they'll cross that bridge when they come to it. He has to get healthy and actual prove himself the bona fide paterfamilias first.

17. ovbious

ovbious Brown Belt

So they can't work at all?

(I've edited my other post to make myself clearer).

I sure didn't know about that.

18. JonSnitchPhones

They can work. The diet is the primary issue making training and weight cutting difficult. The nature of doing Khabib's particular job during the religious holy month may be a problem as well. I mean he's not a custodian. He beats people up for a living.

Nurmagomedov turned down July 16th (2014) for Ramadan

And mind you if you can't train for a month, that's going to fuck you for a good 3 months per year as far as getting a fight scheduled. This year if Ramadan is June-July, and he insists on observing it again, that should rule him out til' about September. But I don't know how flexible he's willing to be about the time frame he observes Ramadan if the sacrifice is a title shot.

19. ovbious

ovbious Brown Belt

Ok, got it.

Thanks for the explanation.

20. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

Khabib vs Jury = YES!