Khabib training boxing for McGregor fight

Had is the operative word, but he didn't because his emotions and pride were through the roof thus his IQ in that fight took a dive, when have we seen Khabib's pride come before his Fight IQ, aside from Al Iaquinta?

we haven't really seen his fight IQ yet, we see him do the same exact thing every time, even when it failed with Tibau he did nothing but the same rather than try to mix things up more. So until he is challenged in some way there is no way to gauge his fight IQ. Fight IQ isn't just following the game plan. Mike Perry can follow a game plan and still lose. Fight IQ is when plan A doesn't work move to plan B and so on. The only fight we have seen was where Tibau stuffed all his takedowns and he proved he has terrible setups and no way to take someone down if his arm flail/bull rush doesnt work

why train striking when you and your coach say you won't do it at all costs?

Because even if you're a beast wrestler like Khabib it's possible Conor could stop his takedowns.
And if you have no setups at all and just spam takedowns you'll end up looking like Maia v Woodley/Silva, and no offense to Maia, but those were piss poor displays of MMA.

So I guess we'll find out fight night, I'm with Conor, but let's not act like a certain outcome is set in stone, Khabib is going to go for the takedown and if Conor get's anywhere near the cage, he's more than likely getting taken down.

Because even if you're a beast wrestler like Khabib it's possible Conor could stop his takedowns.
And if you have no setups at all and just spam takedowns you'll end up looking like Maia v Woodley/Silva, and no offense to Maia, but those were piss poor displays of MMA.
well that sounds like doubt has creeped into his head if he feels this is necessary

So I guess we'll find out fight night, I'm with Conor, but let's not act like a certain outcome is set in stone, Khabib is going to go for the takedown and if Conor get's anywhere near the cage, he's more than likely getting taken down.
I do wonder. Guys who charge in don't tend to do well Conor.

He struggled (a bit, still knocked him out [and outlasted] against Mendes, from Mendes' athleticism, solid boxing, and World Class Double.

Khabib isn't quite the boxer, and doesn't have the big double. His control is certainly better though.

He struggled against Diaz who is a good boxer, great toughness/stamina, a big bigger, but less athletic.

Khabib isn't on the same level boxing, toughness is there stamina seems fine, more athletic, better grappler.

I think Conor will take this. Within 2 rounds, probably on a counter as Khabib leaps in for a strike that hurts him to where he can't recover and get finished.

Sure because in most fights you are engaging in all aspects of mma, but khabib has openly said he will avoid striking at all costs, so why put on boxing gloves and instead bring in some training partners who can mimic conor's movement and work exclusively on that. The post was also associated with him saying never say never which seems to hint he will try and stand

Ok.

Sure he has, but what's the point of doing it before the Conor fight, when he is on record saying he won't stand with him. He should be doing nothing but training his standard flail arms, bull rush against someone with actual good footwork and ability to punch/counter while backing up. Not doing pad work when he is apparently too scared to stand and bang
Thats stupid. Ofc he has to train boxing, hows he gonna set up his takedowns and enter the clinch safely? He has to work his jab, footwork and head movement.

Sure he has, but what's the point of doing it before the Conor fight, when he is on record saying he won't stand with him. He should be doing nothing but training his standard flail arms, bull rush against someone with actual good footwork and ability to punch/counter while backing up. Not doing pad work when he is apparently too scared to stand and bang
He needs to train boxing so he doesn’t get flatlined.

His stance looks terrible and one of the gloves isn't even on properly, he's holding it in his hand. What an amatuer! Conor will sleep this fool

Khabib isn't gonna blast doubles and feint level changes. He's going to come straight in and try to clinch. Conors footwork is going to be the most important part of the fight. If Conor can keep turning Khabib and avoid the clinch, it's going to be a rough night for Khabib.

Fights start standing. He needs to work on defense and footwork.

Would you expect Conor not to drill TDD?

Ffs if this guy tries that boxing shit like he did with Al he's going to get sparked out! Stick to what your awesome at, mauling people and mentally breaking them! With connors gas tank it should only take 3/4 mins lol

jesus christ

In case he has no choice but to do it for short periods during the fight?
Or to drill defense and footwork. Or any other logical conclusion. But that's too much to ask from this guy.

I do wonder. Guys who charge in don't tend to do well Conor.

He struggled (a bit, still knocked him out [and outlasted] against Mendes, from Mendes' athleticism, solid boxing, and World Class Double.

Khabib isn't quite the boxer, and doesn't have the big double. His control is certainly better though.

He struggled against Diaz who is a good boxer, great toughness/stamina, a big bigger, but less athletic.

Khabib isn't on the same level boxing, toughness is there stamina seems fine, more athletic, better grappler.

I think Conor will take this. Within 2 rounds, probably on a counter as Khabib leaps in for a strike that hurts him to where he can't recover and get finished.

I don't think khabib will even throw a standing strike in the first two rounds, and if he does I don't expect him to commit to the strike at all. I think he'll circle and feint ALOT and let conor come to him. he might shoot for the single a few times, but in general, i don't see khabib initiating much early.

This isn't as bad as it looks. Conor's far superior to Khabib on the feet and every fight begins on the feet, yet he's still been working on his wrestling and overall ground game just in case the fight ends up there. So why is it so crazy for Khabib to be doing the same?

This isn't as bad as it looks. Conor's far superior to Khabib on the feet and every fight begins on the feet, yet he's still been working on his wrestling and overall ground game just in case the fight ends up there. So why is it so crazy for Khabib to be doing the same?
NO! Logic is not allowed here!

Head
Clean
Off

He couldnt hurt Al in 5 rounds who was short reach, flat footed, didnt counter, extremely weird/low stance because he was so worried about takedowns......hes not outboxing Conor lol.

Going for that overcommited uppercut vs Conor would be the biggest risk he could take, he'd end up eating a piston left on the way in.

Really wont suprise me if khabib gets straight countered over that jab he was showing in the Al fight.

One thing thats not talked about is while khabib showed some good jabs and clean striking in the Al fight, he wasnt putting together combos or pressure striking for shit.

He can and will probably maul Conor to the ground but trying to prove himself standing vs a long reach, hard hitting, southpaw counter striker is a death sentence.

Its like people dont even remember how good Conor is in the octogon. Beat holloway, KO'd porier, tko'd mendes, ko'd aldo, only guy besides prime benson to drop nate with his hands which he did multiple times, easily tko'd alverez.
Lmao prime Benson. Nate was literally the only guy Benson ever dropped in the UFC. Because he's a wrestler. What a reach loool.

Back