Khabib training boxing for McGregor fight

0c86fcd478c32ac27c24fcf27c0ecfd3.jpg

Does never say never mean he's willing to stand and trade with Conor?

Floyd stole Conor's chin. Khabib will KO him with an uppercut

tumblr_ogk718rGS91vu6duzo3_500.gif

God i hope he decided to box with mcgregor for even just 1 minute

Not a fan of Conor but after watching that video about Khabib humiliating homeless man it's hard to hope anything else than KO win for Conor.

you think he's never trained boxing before?

Sure he has, but what's the point of doing it before the Conor fight, when he is on record saying he won't stand with him. He should be doing nothing but training his standard flail arms, bull rush against someone with actual good footwork and ability to punch/counter while backing up. Not doing pad work when he is apparently too scared to stand and bang

His striking is he weakest link why would he not be still trying to get better at it ???

This is probably for striking defense more than anything else.

His striking is he weakest link why would he not be still trying to get better at it ???

Because he is training to fight Conor and has said he will do no striking. so he should focus on taking someone down with elite movement, so he doesn't get Alvarez'd

Floyd stole Conor's chin. Khabib will KO him with an uppercut

tumblr_ogk718rGS91vu6duzo3_500.gif
He couldnt hurt Al in 5 rounds who was short reach, flat footed, didnt counter, extremely weird/low stance because he was so worried about takedowns......hes not outboxing Conor lol.

Going for that overcommited uppercut vs Conor would be the biggest risk he could take, he'd end up eating a piston left on the way in.

Really wont suprise me if khabib gets straight countered over that jab he was showing in the Al fight.

One thing thats not talked about is while khabib showed some good jabs and clean striking in the Al fight, he wasnt putting together combos or pressure striking for shit.

He can and will probably maul Conor to the ground but trying to prove himself standing vs a long reach, hard hitting, southpaw counter striker is a death sentence.

Its like people dont even remember how good Conor is in the octogon. Beat holloway, KO'd porier, tko'd mendes, ko'd aldo, only guy besides prime benson to drop nate with his hands which he did multiple times, easily tko'd alverez.

Javier Mendez said on the Ariel Helwani show that he's been programming into Khabib's head that they don't want him standing with Conor. Khabib has also alluded to this as well in a backstage interview.

With that being said Javier also mentioned that Khabib has a tendency like most fighters to do whatever he wants to do in the Octagon regardless of game planning. I doubt he's going to in this fight, but it's interesting to note.

Javier Mendez said on the Ariel Helwani show that he's been programming into Khabib's head that they don't want him standing with Conor. Khabib has also alluded to this as well in a backstage interview.

With that being said Javier also mentioned that Khabib has a tendency like most fighters to do whatever he wants to do in the Octagon regardless of game planning. I doubt he's going to in this fight, but it's interesting to note.

I guarantee you TAM coaches told Cody over rand over not to get blood thirsty either. With all the talking khabib does in the cage, he seems like someone who is extremely bothered by being slighted/underestimated. I could totally see him pulling a Cody and trying to prove to people that his striking isn't terrible despite fighting for over 20 years. My hope is that he mauls conor in round 1 then tries to prove his striking in round 2 and gets KO'd. So then all we will hear about is how "if he stuck to his game plan he woulda won!"

BREAKING NEWS: Professional MMA Fighter trains various aspects of martial arts. More at 11.

Back