Khabib the type of guy to practice his standup against Al

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So people love to say how Al layed a blueprint against Khabib....What to lose all five rounds? What sane person would want to use this blueprint?

Al did terrible in this fight lol. I mean, he did what he could; he showed a lot of heart and defended a lot of takedowns and certainly defended himself on the ground better than the majority of Khabib's opponents have, but in no way is losing a fight 50-43 anything to be proud of

I guess because he took the fight on one day's notice everyone expected him to get submitted in a round or two, so they overrate his performance based on the fact that he ended up going the distance. But really, he got dominated in every facet of the game

Everyone will poo poo it, but the idea that Khabib carried Al because he didn’t want to jeopardize his shot at a McGregor fight doesn’t seem that far-fetched to me. Look into it.

He couldnt take him down is what I remember. That and a whole lot of jabs.
Khabib gets his Takedowns stuffed every fight. Its his relentless pressure that helps him get the TD. Eventually he'll take you down. Al stuffed 1-2 takedowns and Khabib could've gone for the third but chose to strike instead as he didn't fear his power anymore.

Al had a great stance against Khabib for most of this fight, low hands and his center of gravity is naturally lower than Khabibs so it’s harder to shoot in. Plus he fought more defensively and less output because he was training for 3.

However I personally believe that Khabib went easy on Al as a “thank you for taking this fight on short notice, let me help me carry you a bit and let’s make you look good for afterwords”
The Khabib that fought Conor, Dustin, Barboza, And MJ wasn’t the same guy that fought Al

Fighter didn’t look as good, no fear, Sherdog will make up an excuse for you.

khabib boxed the shit out of AL and then people act like Al won lol

Back