Khabib = the baddest man on the planet and P4P #1

Yeah, 3 or 4 still doesn't even get him close to P4P #1

Who is the 4th?

Barboza
MJ
Dos Anjos

& actually MJ was ranked 12th when Khabib fought him.
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/michael-johnson-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov-official-for-ufc-205-in-new-york
He was a world beater for a while, so I still credit Khabib for the win, but on the real, MJ went downhill big time once USADA came around, so I'm not sure anyone should get big credit for beating him post July 2015.

Pat Healy. Khabib beat him coming off a 7 fight winstreak. Including wins over Jim Miller and Maximo Blanco, big names at the time.

Yeah, 3 or 4 still doesn't even get him close to P4P #1

Who is the 4th?

Barboza
MJ
Dos Anjos

& actually MJ was ranked 12th when Khabib fought him.
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/michael-johnson-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov-official-for-ufc-205-in-new-york
He was a world beater for a while, so I still credit Khabib for the win, but on the real, MJ went downhill big time once USADA came around, so I'm not sure anyone should get big credit for beating him post July 2015.

Depends on which rankings you go by. If we delve into the various ranking sites though, then it would be an endless debate. He has four wins over guys who the UFC had ranked top 10 at the time of the fights.

Everyone forgets that healy was on the streak of his life, fresh off a submission over Miller, when Khabib beat him.

kkGxbry.jpg

Healy was ranked 10 in the ufc when they fought.

Depends on which rankings you go by. If we delve into the various ranking sites though, then it would be an endless debate. He has four wins over guys who the UFC had ranked top 10 at the time of the fights.

Everyone forgets that healy was on the streak of his life, fresh off a submission over Miller, when Khabib beat him.

kkGxbry.jpg

<mma4>

Yeah, for sure... I totally overlooked Healy. Great call!

Pat Healy. Khabib beat him coming off a 7 fight winstreak. Including wins over Jim Miller and Maximo Blanco, big names at the time.

kkGxbry.jpg

So if we're trying to give out big points for people Khabib has beaten.... we gotta look at what the people did after fighting Khabib too... & both MJ & Healy went down hill. So were both not at top level at the time they fought Khabib.

I see the other side where they "were" on win streaks... but damn, when you look at a guy like Healy who didn't win a single fight after Khabib... & MJ who was all ready in the middle of his downfall & also has not beaten anyone after Khabib... you gotta wonder how much credit are we giving to Khabib for those wins.

Per this thread... they do count for something... for sure... but lets not get crazy & make it out like Khabib's accomplishments put him at P4P #1. As it stands I'm now looking at 2 significant wins for him personally.

So if we're trying to give out big points for people Khabib has beaten.... we gotta look at what the people did after fighting Khabib too... & both MJ & Healy went down hill. So were both not at top level at the time they fought Khabib.

I see the other side where they "were" on win streaks... but damn, when you look at a guy like Healy who didn't win a single fight after Khabib... & MJ who was all ready in the middle of his downfall & also has not beaten anyone after Khabib... you gotta wonder how much credit are we giving to Khabib for those wins.

Per this thread... they do count for something... for sure... but lets not get crazy & make it out like Khabib's accomplishments put him at P4P #1. As it stands I'm now looking at 2 significant wins for him personally.

I don't hear people saying that about RDA.

Pettis and Bendo went dumpster fire after RDA. Yet, he gets praised... only Khabib gets shit on, even his win over RDA which was dead in the middle of a potential 10 fight winstreak.

MJ also has wins over Tony, Poirier and Barboza. So its a good win for Khabib.

I don't hear people saying that about RDA.

Pettis and Bendo went dumpster fire after RDA. Yet, he gets praised... only Khabib gets shit on, even his win over RDA which was dead in the middle of a potential 10 fight winstreak.

MJ also has wins over Tony, Poirier and Barboza. So its a good win for Khabib.
I hear what you're saying... & I personally sh*t on everyone who started losing after July 2015. It's such a long list of people that you don't have to even think very hard to understand why.

Whenever I get involved in a "who's the GOAT" conversation.... I actually have a breakdown of how well the people the GOAT's beat... did after the GOAT beat them. I don't give a GOAT point if the person went downhill after beating them.

A perfect example is people who give Fedor praise for beating UFC Champ Coleman. Well, outside of a fluke injury to a high profile opponent.... Much love to him, but Coleman didn't do anything afterward & so was understandably at the end of his career & so it's not the same type of win as compared to say his win over Big Nog... who went on to do great things after Fedor beat him twice.

I understand this is all some deeper logic... but if you really think about it.... are you going to give Fedor the same credit for beating old man Coleman who wasn't the same as UFC Champ Coleman twice as you are for him beating Big Nog twice? I certainly do not.

Same applies here. If someone was at the end of their run as a terror in the division & didn't do squat after fighting Khabib... then how much credit are you really going to give Khabib for being one of the many people who beat them? I'm not singling Khabib out with this logic. This is the way I calculate the worthiness of their opponents. It weeds out wins that were against people who were at the end of their prime.

I hear what you're saying... & I personally sh*t on everyone who started losing after July 2015. It's such a long list of people that you don't have to even think very hard to understand why.

Whenever I get involved in a "who's the GOAT" conversation.... I actually have a breakdown of how well the people the GOAT's beat... did after the GOAT beat them. I don't give a GOAT point if the person went downhill after beating them.

A perfect example is people who give Fedor praise for beating UFC Champ Coleman. Well, outside of a fluke injury to a high profile opponent... he didn't do anything afterward & so is understandably at the end of his career & so it's not the same type of win as compared to say his win over Big Nog... who went on to do great things after Fedor beat him twice.

I understand this is all some deeper logic... but if you really think about it.... are you going to give Fedor the same credit for beating Coleman twice as you are for him beating Big Nog twice? I certainly do not.

Same applies here. If someone was at the end of their run as a terror in the division & didn't do squat after fighting Khabib... then how much credit are you really going to give Khabib for being one of the many people who beat them? I'm not singling Khabib out with this logic. This is the way I calculate the worthiness of their opponents. It weeds out wins that were against people who were at the end of their prime.

Ask yourself this. Who SHOULD he have fought?

He fought everyone he got. Nate ducked him, Giblert ducked him, Alvarez ducked him. The Cerrone fight was Khabib's fault, but literally nobody would give credit if he did beat Cerrone.

He even called out Pettis in a Q&A...a Pettis Q&A.

Ask yourself this. Who SHOULD he have fought?

He fought everyone he got. Nate ducked him, Giblert ducked him, Alvarez ducked him. The Cerrone fight was Khabib's fault, but literally nobody would give credit if he did beat Cerrone.

He even called out Pettis in a Q&A...a Pettis Q&A.
I hear what you're saying, but I'm also hearing a lot of speculation. Just because someone doesn't sign to fight someone doesn't mean they ducked him. Conor is a perfect example of your flawed logic. Khabib has never been in the picture. He wanted the belt... so Alvarez was the guy... then Floyd... now it's whatever, but Tony has the interim, so I'll have to call you out on Conor being added to that list, because Khabib was never the next most logical opponent... in any evaluation you can offer.

I'm not going through each one like that.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm also hearing a lot of speculation. Just because someone doesn't sign to fight someone doesn't mean they ducked him. Conor is a perfect example of your flawed logic. Khabib has never been in the picture. He wanted the belt... so Alvarez was the guy... then Floyd... now it's whatever, but Tony has the interim, so I'll have to call you out on Conor being added to that list, because Khabib was never the next most logical opponent... in any evaluation you can offer.

Khabib was #1 contender. Alvarez DUCKED him. That's irrefutable. There was even a CONTRACT that Khabib signed but Alvarez wouldn't.

Nate was offered the fight, and declined then declined again. That's despite multiple brawls they had outside the UFC.

Nate was offered that fight just weeks after Giblert refused it. They even made a damn POSTER with Giblert-Khabib's name on it.

U1PQ6qL.jpg

What do you mean by "call you out on Conor being added to that list"?

I never mentioned Conor. He was a featherweight. He was nowhere in the LW picture.

Khabib was #1 contender. Alvarez DUCKED him. That's irrefutable. There was even a CONTRACT that Khabib signed but Alvarez wouldn't.

Nate was offered the fight, and declined then declined again. That's despite multiple brawls they had outside the UFC.

Nate was offered that fight just weeks after Giblert refused it. They even made a damn POSTER with Giblert-Khabib's name on it.

UFC-170.jpg

Lol... you're getting me all wrong... I'm not saying people are not ducking Khabib. However, not signing on to fight someone doesn't always equate to ducking them. Could be bad timing for them... could be the money ain't right. etc....

In the end... this thread is trying to call Khabib the P4P #1... & it ain't even close bro. That's how this got started, & we seem to be going out into left field here. Khabib has no where near even half the top competition DC has. Stipe is way above him for level of competition. Mouse... f*ck man keep going down the list... Khabib ain't even close to number one no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "call you out on Conor being added to that list"?

I never mentioned Conor. He was a featherweight. He was nowhere in the LW picture.
Oh yeah, my appologies, I'm thinking of someone else who said that. All right... I'm out to get my valentines mack on. I'll respond tomorrow if you like.

Lol... you're getting me all wrong... I'm not saying people are not ducking Khabib... & I did notice how you refrained from acknowledging my Conor reference... so it's safe to say we both have valid points here.

In the end... this thread is trying to call Khabib the P4P #1... & it ain't even close bro. That's how this got started, & we seem to be going out into left field here. Khabib has no where near even half the top competition DC has. Stipe is way above him for level of competition. Mouse... f*ck man keep going down the list... Khabib ain't even close to number one no matter how you spin it.

If this is what its about, i think you were the only one actually arguing about the P4P (besides TS). That wasn't even on my mind.

My replies to you were strictly about competition or lack thereof. In LW, he is most definitely the baddest man though. And once the Tony-Khabib fight is over we'll see who is #1. But Conor definitely ain't P4P #3 or 2 or whatever they have him at.

If you look at what people do after the event in question, then form your opinion of a historical event based off of what you know now presently, than you're revisioning history, which I try to avoid.

BJ Penn could lose to CM punk now, but that wouldn't change the fact that BJ Penn was a huge win for Edgar in 2010.

Last edited:
If you look at what people do after the event in question, then form your opinion of a historical event based off of what you know now presently, than you're revisioning history, which I try to avoid.

BJ Penn could lose to CM punk now, but that wouldn't change the fact that BJ Penn was a huge win for Edgar in 2010.

Not speaking specifically about BJ Penn... I understand the nostalgia in reminiscing about how you felt at the time... & no one can take that away. However, just because you didn't know at the time that someone was washed up... doesn't mean that it wasn't so. If a historical look back proves it.... then that's the way it was whether you knew about it at the time or not.

I feel it is very important & significant to note the moment in time when someone loses their mojo & never gets it back. It does actually take something away from those people who beat him after that... imo.

BJ is a bit of a unique case, so it doesn't really work to equate BJ to MJ or Healy. For one... BJ had the belt for their first fight... & so Frankie would definitely get high praise for that win, but how do you work out where John Fitch was? He was on a UFC skid, but did well in other organizations after that... but the level of competition was less & so I'm not sure how much credit we can give to Penn for fighting to a draw with him. Beating Hughes at that time means nothing. Hughes was done & had been doing Nostalgia fights against other fighters who were also at the ends of their careers.

Another difficult thing to figure is that BJ did 2 fights against 170 lb. top guys... & lost twice, but it was a higher division. So those 2 things make the BJ discussion much different than the MJ or Healy discussion.

Back