Khabib runs the UFC no-gi grappling gauntlet, how far will he go?

Khabib runs the no-gi grappling gauntlet, how far will he go?

• Total voters
He can take today's Maia on a good day but it would be hard. The rest are way too big for him

Please do.

Fitch: "Khabib would destroy GSP in his prime"

Fitch: "I've never seen anyone in my lifetime like Khabib" (and Fitch trained at AKA)

"I don't know if Luke Rockhold on 6 days notice beats Khabib"

"Luke Rockhold says he never loses a round in training, said he smashes everybody"

"DC said he and Khabib go to war"

"Straight wrestling vs. Ed Ruth, only one of them went down, and it wasn't Khabib"

There're many more

Couldn't outgrapple Tibau but he's going to dominate Jacare. Right.

Obviously a lot of people have never grappled before, strength plays a major major part.

Especially when your opponent knows all the escapes etc

Couldn't outgrapple Tibau but he's going to dominate Jacare. Right.
Jacare is too big and experienced. However, todays Khabib embarrasses prime Tibau. He has improved vastly since then.

Lol what? Khabib is way smaller than those guys, if he was the same size I'd give him a chance of running through the gauntlet. He only MAYBE beats old man Maia, but only through control, he has no chance of subbing him.
How about Khabib on steroids...Grappling only?

brazil_ufc_24189929.jpg

Jesus fuck that just doesn't look right.

This goof needs to stop trying to emulate Conor it's not working for him.
He looks like he peeled a fkn Curtain of his window, for a shirt......He is just missing his bleached hair in this pic...

Maia looks very old now, I think Khabib could take it, especially if they meet at 170lbs. Jacare seems like a 70% guaranteed loss. There's no way he's beating Jones, DC or Werdum.

Maia actually doesn't look old. He looked really good physically against Usman. He simply went up against the 3 best wrestlers in the division---all on short camps--- who used their wrestling in reverse.

I agree. But Khabib on juice is pretty scary...
I rate Khabib's grappling very highly, his transitions and control are incredible but I just don't buy the idea that he can outgrapple a monster like Jacare or that he'd somehow beat DC and Jones. Tibau has great TDD and obviously some (enhanced) physicality which is why he was able to do so well. The physical gap is way larger with Jones and DC, and he'll have a hell of a time trying to control Jacare and Maia on the ground. Let alone Werdum. He's definitely the best grappler in his division, but the mythos that he could somehow outgrapple anyone in the ufc is pretty out there.

Jacare is too big and experienced. However, todays Khabib embarrasses prime Tibau. He has improved vastly since then.

No he really hasn't. The best wrestler he's beaten is Trujillo---a solid NAIA wrestler and a dominant win for Khabib, but an average at best LW who would go on to get finished by Ferg, Tibau, James Vick...

No he really hasn't. The best wrestler he's beaten is Trujillo---a solid NAIA wrestler and a dominant win for Khabib, but an average at best LW who would go on to get finished by Ferg, Tibau, James Vick...
Maybe Ferg....Or this beast :
20140921052005_IMG_6992.JPG

Tibau who poped for EPO and Tony who he dropped and outgrappled early on.

Khabib also dominated other College wrestlers in Al (who outclassed Lee) and MJ along with a great BJJ blackbelt in RDA.

Stylistically Khabib is vastly different from when he fought Tibau. His game has evolved leaps and bounds.

Tibau who poped for EPO and Tony who he dropped and outgrappled early on.

Khabib also dominated other College wrestlers in Al (who outclassed Lee) and MJ along with a great BJJ blackbelt in RDA.

Stylistically Khabib is vastly different from when he fought Tibau. His game has evolved leaps and bounds.

Nice MMAMath...lee would murder al today. Why not compare their Edson fights? Those were a lot more recemt. MJ got choked out immediately after getting taken down by elkins and is on a 1-5 run.

Tibau passed the Khabib fight tests.

Back