Khabib runs the UFC no-gi grappling gauntlet, how far will he go?

Khabib runs the no-gi grappling gauntlet, how far will he go?

• Total voters
Lol, he could potentially beat Maia with a takedown and top position/riding, but he couldn't make one mistake.

Jacare, Jones and DC lol, they are too big.

In what rule set exactly? I can see Khabib possibly winning some matches via takedown and then sub defense against those guys but I wouldn't put any money on him to do it.

You rarely see the best p4p grapplers winning open weight tournaments or even attempting them.

WRONG. Mendez claimed it, and Khabib says he don't remember ever losing a round.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...ped-or-lost-a-round-once-in-sparring.3682459/

You mean to tell me you're going to use this as proof? WTF is wrong with you kids?

That's Ariel Helwani saying Mendez claimed he never tapped or lost a round in sparring. He never once references Rockhold or DC.....

Tell you what. Show me a video of Mendez saying Khabib has never lost a round to Rockhold or DC. Or even him claiming they regularly fully spar one another? Not wrestling drills, or grappling drills. Actually fully spar one another on a regular basis.

Seriously. We're living in an age where people are just going to believe whatever they want....It's ridiculous.

Right answer is, he gets stopped by Jones at round 3. He would 100% survive Maia lol, the latter is not a submission machine. Jacare would have the upperhand but still not enough to finish Habeeb. Jones would maul him with strikes

You mean to tell me you're going to use this as proof? WTF is wrong with you kids?

That's Ariel Helwani saying Mendez claimed he never tapped or lost a round in sparring. He never once references Rockhold or DC.....

Tell you what. Show me a video of Mendez saying Khabib has never lost a round to Rockhold or DC. Or even him claiming they regularly fully spar one another? Not wrestling drills, or grappling drills. Actually fully spar one another on a regular basis.

Seriously. We're living in an age where people are just going to believe whatever they want....It's ridiculous.

That's why it's a RUMOR. I can absolutely link you videos of Brendan Schaub claiming it, and Joe Rogan repeating it. Your dumbass claimed there were absolutely no rumors of that, by anyone, at anytime, and you're absolutely WRONG, even if someone on Sherdog said it, that's someone. Just admit it and move on.

He would first have to get past Mighty Mouse, Rani Yahya, Ryan Hall, and Tiabu

kind of a dumb list tbh since maia, jacare, and werdum's highest accomplishments come in the gi

this gangster would take khabob's tiramisu
dillon_danis_bellator_198_ben_askren.0.jpg

but i will say that even though most of those other guys are more accomplished than him in pure grappling, khabob is a much more effective grappler in MMA

Lol what? Khabib is way smaller than those guys, if he was the same size I'd give him a chance of running through the gauntlet. He only MAYBE beats old man Maia, but only through control, he has no chance of subbing him.

Khabib beats all of them via neutralization.
Schaub.gif

No. There are absolutely no rumors of that, by anyone, at anytime....They are rumors and video of Khabib doing extremely well for someone his size against the likes of Rockhold and DC....These are 2 very different things.

Stop making things up.

There is nobody who's ever claimed that. If you're going to reference some random poster on sherdog, don't even bother.
I don't think the rumors are that he does well for his size against Rockhold, I think DC and a bunch of others at AKA have said him and Rockhold go to war in the grappling department, which isn't THAT hard to fathom.

DC on the other hand, yeah DC would throw Khabib around like a ragdoll, he said he doesn't go hard on Khabib in training because he's too small.

Maia would strangle him.

If he somehow got past him, Jacare would make him a prison bitch.

Khabib is an amazing grappler but he loses to all of those guys. No shame in that. They all have FAR more experience in the competitive grappling world and are much bigger.

Maia, Jacare and Werdum were multiple time major BJJ champs and ADCC champs.

Cormier was an Olympic wrestler and 50 to 60+ pounds heavier.

Jones is way bigger, is a great wrestler and roided out of his mind.
khabib is a sambo champ

Back