Khabib promotes himself as p4p #1

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
To all these people saying that goats don’t need to promote themselves as goat, did you listen to Khabib’s post fight interview with Anik?

Khabib said himself that he is the #1 p4p fighter in the world and he deserves that title.

I love Khabib but you guys need to relax on Jones’ reaction and his mentality of thinking he is the p4p goat because Khabib literally pandered to Dana for it in the cage after his fight with Gaethje.

edit: I’m not saying that I disagree with Khabib. I’m just saying that Khabib is human and is not above self promotion like so many on here are claiming.

Last edited:
He never said "I'm the GOAT, recognize me as such". He said put me in as P4P #1 in the rankings. Not the same. He said it after the Poirier fight as well.

Regardless, out of all the guys in the GOAT conversation, only Jones would go on an insecure Twitter tirade about how his resume's sooo much better and yada yada.

He never said "I'm the GOAT, recognize me as such". He said put me in as P4P #1 in the rankings. Not the same. He said it after the Poirier fight as well.

Regardless, out of all the guys in the GOAT conversation, only Jones would go on an insecure Twitter tirade about how his resume's sooo much better and yada yada.

Agreed and with Jones last 2 lacklustre wins, or 3 if you count smith, khabib should be number 1 p4p

Dana will happily oblige

remember when Jones did interview with Ariel ... ratted out UFC and Dana about Vitor ?

sorry Jon you lose again

Afaik Wes Sims has never declared himself to be the GOAT, ergo Wes Sims is the true GOAT

Khabib was #2 on the P4P ranking(UFC site) and just destroyed his worst match up on the division, while Jones last win was a robbery.

Current no.1 P4P ranking should only go to a champion.

Jones doesn't hold any belt.

It was wrong from the start, if you followed what people said when they still see Jones in no.1 P4P rankings after he vacated his belt you would understand. He should've been removed once he vacated his belt, but somehow they still kept him as no.1 P4P rankings. Just like they kept Conor in the top 5 LW division without even fighting in the last 2 years in LW division, it makes no sense.

To all these people saying that goats don’t need to promote themselves as goat, did you listen to Khabib’s post fight interview with Anik?

Khabib said himself that he is the #1 p4p fighter in the world and he deserves that title.

I love Khabib but you guys need to relax on Jones’ reaction and his mentality of thinking he is the p4p goat because Khabib literally pandered to Dana for it in the cage after his fight with Gaethje.
Khabib was talking about the P4P that is "What have you done for me lately"

Not the P4P all time great.

And Khabib lately subbed Poirier in R3 and Gaethje in R2

While Jones SD Santos and 47-46 Reyes

He isn't the pound for pound number 1. Jon Jones is the p4p number 1 and I strongly dislike Khabib and Jones. I wouldn't walk across the street to shake either of their hands so I have no interest in promoting my likes.

Khabib is so far removed from p4p or even GOAT status since Jon Jones exists. Jones in the era of "everyone is on PEDs" has an incredibly gaudy record. Khabib shouldn't have retired if he wanted either of those labels. Personally I'm glad Khabib is gone and will only miss Jones for his fighting ability.

Last edited:
Jones has been trash and lost hisblast fight arguably his last 2. Khabib isnthe p4p1 goat right now. Id put usman above jones too

Current no.1 P4P ranking should only go to a champion.

Jones doesn't hold any belt.

It was wrong from the start, if you followed what people said when they still see Jones in no.1 P4P rankings after he vacated his belt you would understand. He should've been removed once he vacated his belt, but somehow they still kept him as no.1 P4P rankings. Just like they kept Conor in the top 5 LW division without even fighting in the last 2 years in LW division, it makes no sense.
Khabib just retired so he also doesn't really hold a belt. Not sure when he officially vacates it but that's a formality when he's announced his intention to never fight again

It's very clear that Khabib is P4P #1 right now. Izzy and Stipe to a lesser degree are very close though.

Khabib just retired so he also doesn't really hold a belt. Not sure when he officially vacates it but that's a formality when he's announced his intention to never fight again
Yes, until a new LW champion arises, Khabib should stay as no.1 P4P. But there is no one so far, and there was no doubt that Khabib is just better than everyone in LW division.

The problem was the majority believed that Reyes won that fight, even Jones himself admitted it was a close fight, and he didn't defend his belt again, instead he vacated it.

Anyone that has followed his sport for a few years knows that P4P is FotM. It doesnt take much for Rogan to suck up to someone again.

cant be in hall of fame if your a cheat too !!

ask Pete rose ... or Barry Bonds bout dat

As of right now? He is. That win over Gaethje should do it. Justin may have gotten blown out when the fight hit the ground but he landed some good strikes and that guy is a stellar win on Khabib's resume.

With Jones barely winning his last two fights and Cejudo retired, it's him.

Can a mod please merge all this crap into one thread then wasteland it?

The problem with talking about P4P is its all recency biased

Thats why I try to stay away from P4P chat, because whos ever just won is P4P it seems, its 99% recency bias and what have you just done, and very little longevity based, which it should be!.

I would say he is in the running for the current #1 P4P fighter. But not for all time GOAT. I am not a Jones fan, but he is the all time GOAT. For today's snapshot of the MMA rankings, however, i'd put both Izzy and Khabib over Jones. Not unlike college football rankings, some wins are just more impressive than others.

Back