News Khabib prepared for Gaethje's leg kicks (From media day). Translation of Russian questions.

You can't train to handle the effects of a calf kick. You can train to relieve the pain, but if the nerve is compromised it won't send the correct signals to the muscles and the muscles will become useless like in the MM/Cejudo fight and Vera/O'Malley fight. It's not just the pain that makes the technique effective, its the disruption of signal through the nerve.
I don't see Khabib keeping his lead leg high or becoming some great checker either. Cutting off the nerve is a bit harder than people think but its a possibility.

Hope the recent heavy focus on conditioning his leg doesn't fuck up the nerve. Nerve stuff can be very unpredictable and if it goes wrong before the fight hard to fix.

Thanks for the translation!

You can't train to handle the effects of a calf kick. You can train to relieve the pain, but if the nerve is compromised it won't send the correct signals to the muscles and the muscles will become useless like in the MM/Cejudo fight and Vera/O'Malley fight. It's not just the pain that makes the technique effective, its the disruption of signal through the nerve.
The bruises he showed off were inside leg kicks

You should PM Khabib then, looks like he believes it's gonna work :D.

Well at least it looks like he's preparing for leg kicks in sparring. At the very least he should get used to the pain and the feeling.

Why did you refuse to partake in Ultimate fighter TV-show?

- Didn't refuse anything

Conor vs khabib TUF confirmed

Reactions: JAL
Yeah or just wanted to keep him on high alert, keep him focused. I don't like watching Zuba fight. I don't get the sense he tries his all or trains as hard. It shows in the octagon

He used to be entertaining (before getting caught for PEDs) but in his last fights post disqualification he's not the same. He only lasts 1-2 rounds.

USADA changed a lot of careers.

Why did you refuse to partake in Ultimate fighter TV-show?

- Didn't refuse anything

Conor vs khabib TUF confirmed

Not confirmed (and highly unlikely considering Khabib would have to be in US for several month recording it), but at least he didn't say no like Dana claimed.

Dana's version of it was complete BS though, didn't sound reasonable at all.

He said something along the lines that Khabib got mad because Conor posted his PMs with Dana and said: No, fook him, I'm not gonna do it.

Like Conor's beef with Dana was some kind of deal breaker for Khabib <Lmaoo>

He used to be entertaining (before getting caught for PEDs) but in his last fights post disqualification he's not the same. He only lasts 1-2 rounds.

USADA changed a lot of careers.
I really think USADA had little to do with it imo. I think he's being resistance and doesn't have the mindset to try to overcome that

Showed that in his weight cut and his previous two fights

Maybe it is in the drugs. But I just think he's not getting easier matchups. This guy went from having to fight artem to fighting dawodu lol

The upgrade in skill level just I don't think he can compete

Thank you. I hope the mods don't sniff this one out this time.

Looks like last time was about me posting link to the "wrong" stream. That's why they moved it.
So I deleted everything from their thread. Because they "have their own stream with better quality".

4gzz9z.jpg

Thanks TS.
Love the dudes attitude and insight on fighting. There is a reason he is approaching GOAT-Status fast.

You know it is actually very rare that something like in Vera/O'Malley happens due to the calf kicks. So it is an exception that the nerve is so compromised that your muscles dont work, so obviously you can't train for that. But usually it is mainly the pain after several calf kicks which makes you lose a step and react worse. And you can definitely train to be less uncomfortable with this pain.

Khabib really reminds me of GSP in regards to his sportsmanship, during a time when a lot of guys trash talk and do a lot of BS to catch headlines and get a drop of clout it’s really refreshing to have a (superstar) fighter that’s respectful and more subtle.

Yeah, with all the Twitter trash talk going on between fighters these days it’s refreshing to hear someone like Khabib who speaks thoughtfully. GSP and Khabib are classy dudes.

Looks like last time was about me posting link to the "wrong" stream. That's why they moved it.
So I deleted everything from their thread. Because they "have their own stream with better quality".

4gzz9z.jpg
Bruv, we appreciate what you do here in the Heavies but you have a free account. Whats wrong with giving just a little support to the site you've been a member of for 11 years?

Khabib going win by leg kick KO confirmed. Gaethje going to be caught off guard

Bruv, we appreciate what you do here in the Heavies but you have a free account. Whats wrong with giving just a little support to the site you've been a member of for 11 years?
I mean I get where you're coming from, but at the same time TS takes a lot of time to watch and translate these interviews. These threads contribute to Sherdog and the forums here. People come here wanting info that's not available in English elsewhere.

Trying to tell TS he has to use the videos from Sherdog too just seems really petty and could make TS not bother with these threads in the future.

I appreciate these threads and I'd rather not see TS be pushed away over something so trivial

Always learning as if he’s still a white belt, champ mentality

Back