Media Khabib: Poirier is Holding "Temporary Belt"

He is planning to fight twice this year and has fought 3 times in the span of 9 months following up his fight with Conor. As long as Khabib maintains the standard activity of 2 fights per year, any accusations of "inactivity" are absolutely laughable and are literal asspuls made by retarded haters.
Nice try trying to pigeon hole me in as a 'hater' when I fully acknowledge Khabib is probably there best fighter on the planet and am just being real as I see it. That being said, he has already stated he was only going to fight a few more times then give Makhachev his time. Additionally, he refused to bend the knee to USADA so is further suspended. GSP retired, which was one of the few bouts he wanted, and if he unretired, it would take months to go thru the USADA pool.

I'd love to be wrong, but I feel time will prove me right. I will be shocked if Khabib fights twice this year.

Should be a cracking fight! I'll be on eggshells the entire time!

Last edited:
I remember Khabib shitting on Conor for money fights and money over legacy. Now he is pulling the same shit. This guy couldn’t be anymore fake, he’s just like Conor.

Couldn't be furthest from the truth, he actually does the exact opposite. The salt is real, I had to chuckle at your post

Why the fuck is he negotiating? He has a contract. There are clauses in there for champs. While Khabib was out for jumping a cornerman, the division moved on a Dustin is the next challenger since Tony didn’t want to risk his shot to fight Dustin.

I remember Khabib shitting on Conor for money fights and money over legacy. Now he is pulling the same shit. This guy couldn’t be anymore fake, he’s just like Conor.

It’s simple. UFC schedules date, Khabib gets paid what he’s contracted to, and he fights the interim champ.

Let’s see if Khabib will even make weight. The guy has missed weight, pulled out due to weight cut, and had a seizure making weight for his last fight.
That is the problem with UFC contracts. It can cut fighters with an active contract for no legal reason as well as allows re-negotiating after each fight.

And every fighter either wants to fight Conor or to be Conor, maybe except GSP, Lesnar and Jones.

Why the fuck is he negotiating? He has a contract. There are clauses in there for champs. While Khabib was out for jumping a cornerman, the division moved on a Dustin is the next challenger since Tony didn’t want to risk his shot to fight Dustin.

It’s simple. UFC schedules date, Khabib gets paid what he’s contracted to, and he fights the interim champ.

Let’s see if Khabib will even make weight. The guy has missed weight, pulled out due to weight cut, and had a seizure making weight for his last fight.
Thats a very good comment.

Khabib looks welterweight for some time now.

It would be jokes if weigh in was 30 minutes before the fight.

khabib talking shit but is voluntarily sitting out for a year when he could have already served his agreed suspension and be back in the cage before ramadan

another fighter turned hypocrite diva after his first big payday

All belts are temporary.

I disagree.

And still lineal WW, and MW Champion...

hi-res-5f2801f7f6f34ed4a58088ecb7e95201_crop_exact.jpg

Mind you, he does give them away to those that helped him win them.

gsp-belt.jpg

Honestly think Khabib is way better than Poirier, and his team knows it.

Possibility that Khabib might already pased that point where he can ever make lightweight and be competative.

I am convinced Khabib has only 1 fight left im mma + maybe one boxing with Floyd lol

So he is playing, getting money from sponsors, rather than competing.

Nice try trying to pigeon hole me in as a 'hater' when I fully acknowledge Khabib is probably there best fighter on the planet and am just being real as I see it. That being said, he has already stated he was only going to fight a few more times then give Makhachev his time. Additionally, he refused to bend the knee to USADA so is further suspended. GSP retired, which was one of the few bouts he wanted, and if he unretired, it would take months to go thru the USADA pool.

I'd love to be wrong, but I feel time will prove me right. I will be shocked if Khabib fights twice this year.

If you were actually "real", then you would have known that he has in no way been inactive recently. Khabib might retire soon after he defends 3 more times, but that doesn't mean you or anyone else get to criticize him for """inactivity""", since he plans on defending 2 times this year and has fought even more often in the period leading up to the Conor fight. """Early""" retirement due to accumulated injuries (Khabib has been training as a professional athlete since an early age, so he has undergone more wear and tear than your average MMA fighter his age) != inactivity.

Or here's a crazy thought. Maybe the UFC has to make a profit instead of just bending over for fighters....
Fighters career, especially at the top level is 5 years maybe. Their fighting only for themselves. They don't care about the long term success of the Promotion. That's the UFC's job. Fighters and Promoters are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

I do feel that it's better if the UFC makes a profit and I don't care if fighters I like are millionaires when they retire. I liked the UFC better pre Conor McGregor. I believe he is the one that broke the doors open. Tito Ortiz was the earlier version who battled with the UFC over money etc and Dana did a good job of giving him enough to keep him fighting but not giving away the farm to a point where the inmates are running the asylum.

The UFC is making profits to an insane degree. DW has $360 M in the bank and spends $1M on his kids birthday party while fighters can't pay medical bills. Look at Ray Borg. He is easily disregarded as low in the MMA universe but he fights for the UFC title. He is one of the top fighters in the world. Even if you rank him the lowest of all UFC fighters (which he is not) he is one of the 598 best fighters in the world.

NBA min salary is $838,464 for a player with Zero years experience.
There are 494 players in the NBA.

MLB min salary is $550,000
There are 720 players in the league (24 man roster x 30 teams)

NHL min salary is $650,000
There are 713 players in the league (23 roster spots x 31 teams)

NFL min salary is $480,000
There are 1696 players in the league (53 man roster x 32 teams)

The UFC has been keeping a disproportionate share of the revenue in comparison to what other Major League sports pay the players.

NHL revenue in 2017/18 was 4.86 Billion
MLB revenue in 2017 was 10 Billion
NBA revenue in 2017 7.4 Billion
NFL revenue in 2017 14 Billion
UFC revenue was "Well Over $700 Million" in 2017.

The fact that the UFC has it revenue private as a private company keeps us in the dark about their true profitability. Their valuation is something that gives us a much better insight.

The UFC sold for $4.2 Billion.
Forbes values the Dallas Cowboys at $4.8 B, Yankees at $4B, Patriots at $3.7 B, NY Nicks $3.6 B & Lakers at $3.3B. I suspect all of those teams with a roster of 12-53 players pay more in salary to their players then the UFC does to its roster of 598.

BREAKING: fighter wins interim belt and actual title holder calls it a "fake belt"

Back