Khabib or Aldo - Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

Who do you rank higher on the GOAT list?

• Total voters
Aldo was on a like 9x title fight win streak at the age Khabib retired at. I'm not even sure how this is up for debate.

Fight long enough and every fighter will eventually go on a decline. Oh and if you don't fight long enough, pardon us for not ranking you anywhere near the top
No when Aldo was 32 he coming off on his loss to Conor, another win over Frankie, and 2 losses to Max. He had started to decline by then.

Aldo, and it really isn't close. The only thing Khabib has in his favor when comparing the two is that he's never lost, but Aldo trumps him in all other metrics. And Aldo is still collecting ranked wins
Bring undefeated isn't the only thing. Looking at quality of performance and dominance Khabib takes that pretty easily. I rate them about the same.

What a pitty Tony vs Khabib never happened. Would have told us much more. However, nobody put Khabib in serious trouble ever.

I'd say Khabib is higher and rank him at #5 all-time.

khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-jose-aldo.png

Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/khabib-defended-his-belt-3-times-aldo-10.4204615/

Aldo and not even close.

Khabib ran before he lost lmao. Well he should have lost to Tibau though that was a highway robbery

Aldo is a tier above Khabib. Jones, Gsp, Fedor, Silva, MM are all a rung above Khabib when it comes to goat ranking.
This white belt knows his stuff, that’s my opinion exactly. No one will crack this top 6 unless they rack up title defenses.

Aldo, and it's not even close. Side note: kind of annoys me with the misuse of the term "G.O.A.T." although.

And Aldo wasn't a long reigning champ?
Cartel-wise, GSP is 26-2 including the Bisping fight (like 4 years after he was done).
Non-longevity Aldo could of retired at 25-1 still champ pre-Conor.
Or 25-2 after the Conor fight.
Or even at 26-2 after deciosining Frankie right after Conor and becoming the champ AGAIN in another monster fight.

He chose to keep fighting and obviously one can't stay at their peak forever. I rank him #4 in front of GSP due to longevity.

Bring undefeated isn't the only thing. Looking at quality of performance and dominance Khabib takes that pretty easily. I rate them about the same.

To me, quantity of high quality wins, regardless of how those wins are achieved, trump all of that and the gap is just too big between Aldo and khabib in that regard. Even if I give khabib extra points for his dominance, which I do, I still have Aldo ahead. And like I said, Aldo is still going....

This is just my opinion though. Goat lists are stupid because nobody agrees one what factors are most important when considering the goats.

Cartel-wise, GSP is 26-2 including the Bisping fight (like 4 years after he was done).
Non-longevity Aldo could of retired at 25-1 still champ pre-Conor.
Or 25-2 after the Conor fight.
Or even at 26-2 after deciosining Frankie right after Conor and becoming the champ AGAIN in another monster fight.

He chose to keep fighting and obviously one can't stay at their peak forever. I rank him #4 in front of GSP due to longevity.
This is why everyone laughs at you.

Khabib easily. Aldo got smashed to pieces at 32. Lol longevity? You think Khabib couldnt go 2-3 after age 32 hahahahahahahaha. And even before that at prime age Aldo got smoked by Conor and Holloway twice while Khabib has hardly lost any round in his career fighting 3 P4P fighters back to back finishing them all in some of the most dominant performances ever seen in an octagon. You hate Khabib cause he was disrespectful, and i can understand your anger, but keep it realistic. Aldo was the king of a shallow division nobody cared about before Conor arrived. Khabib was the overlord of a stacked division, and dominated like he was a grown man beating up schoolkids.

Khabib

Post usada aldo hasn't been near as great as his wec and early ufc days.

Plus getting sparked by one punch from mcgregor is fucking embarrassing

say Khabib fought another 5 times, lets be real who in the current was going to beat him? But lets say he lost 2 fight out of his next 5 then his record would be 32 - 2.

We have no idea because he retired.

The good thing about Aldo is that we don't need to speculate if he could defend his belt that many times. He actually did it and has 11 belts at home.

To me, quantity of high quality wins, regardless of how those wins are achieved, trump all of that and the gap is just too big between Aldo and khabib in that regard. Even if I give khabib extra points for his dominance, which I do, I still have Aldo ahead. And like I said, Aldo is still going....

This is just my opinion though. Goat lists are stupid because nobody agrees one what factors are most important when considering the goats.
I fundamentally disagree. A dominant win is better than a competitive win full stop. Quality Wins matter and losses should never be ignored. You either look at everything or you look at nothing.

That's how I've always looked at it. Khabib's was better fighter imo but lacked the longevity, however his 13 fighters was still impressive. Aldo's latter years at 145 hurt him a good bit. Losing wasn't a huge deal because of who he was fighting deal but the way he was losing was rough.

Back