Media Khabib on Cerrone "A man comes out 10 times and loses 7... but gets called a legend?"

He's got a personal hate for Cerrone he dislikes his western lifestyle and beer drinking so he has a lot negatively to say.. He doesn't respect him.

Some of those Dagestani guys, they look so much like us but couldn't be further from us in terms of so many things culturally.

Yet he is really close to Cormier. He might disapprove of things, but he’s probably a more nuanced character than you think.

Not sure I personally put Cerrone in the “legend” category, but Kabib is missing the point that it is what Cowboy did “before” winning 30% of his last 10 that puts him in the discussion - not those s losses themselves. Does Muhammad Ali’s 1-3 (25% wins) finish to his career force him to lose his legendary status, for example?

The truth is none of us including the UFC have never considered Cerrone a legend nor even a fan favorite or whatever...

Agree, Cowboy is a fucking hack. I remember him cracking in fight against Nate.

Cowboy's not a legend. Accomplishment of being around doesn't make you one. He wasn't a legend 5 years ago, has fought often and lost often. Just subscribing to the Frank Mir theory of "legend", that if you get old you get called that by default. Same goes for guys like Guida and Stevenson.

Khabib probably hates being asked about anything that has to do with Conor
He doesnt like saying his name,thats for sure.

i can understand it. You totally destroy the guy,and the ufc is trying their best to bring him back to life,no matter what hes done. Its irritating to say the least.

I LIKE Cowboy,but i was always frustrated how hed foul up when the big fights came.

But hey it is what it is.

But going into THIS fight,the way he was acting,basically bending over for Conor...not even for millions,for 200 fuckin k. I knew there was no way he was winning this fight. He didnt even sell us on that he was going to TRY. He said im just gonna have a good fight man. No intention to wrestle? uhh...what??

I like cowboy but I just cant get onboard with his mentality going into this. It makes me fuckin sick. The writing was already on the wall.

I guess Sakuraba isn't a legend either?<mma3><Deported1>
You cant compare Sakuraba with Cerrone though.

Sakuraba will be remembered 100 years from now for his legendary battle with the Gracies.

People say Khabib is humble. Sure lol.

It bothers me to shit on cowboy,im a fan of his. I dont really like Stephen A smith,but him saying that this fight didnt show us anything About how Conor would do against someone with a pulse,is absolutley right. This "fight" was sad to watch,and the fact that they try to serve this up as a reason Conor should get a title shot anywhere is a disgrace.

People say Khabib is humble. Sure lol.
Well what is a humble person supposed to say instead?

"Ohhh cowboy is great,Conor is great. I will fight Conor now that he has proved himself against such a worthy adversary!!!"

I see some salty contards here.
Ufc 229 did really a number on you.

he is right. Cowboy is not a legend. Dude never held any title. How can someone be a legend without ever winning a fucking title. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Not even a fan favorite?

<YeahOKJen>
Thats goin way to far,of course he is a fan favorite,people loved him for taking all those fights just as much as they shook their head for him fuckin up his own career for doing so.

Not sure I personally put Cerrone in the “legend” category, but Kabib is missing the point that it is what Cowboy did “before” winning 30% of his last 10 that puts him in the discussion - not those s losses themselves. Does Muhammad Ali’s 1-3 (25% wins) finish to his career force him to lose his legendary status, for example?

Muhammad Ali was the first three-time world champion, defended his title 19 times and had over 56 wins.
Cerrone lost his only title fight via TKO just 66 seconds into the first round.
Terrible example.

At least Cerrone isn't scared to fight at welterweight. Something Khabib would never do.
You stupid asshole.
Cowboy doesn‘t fight at ww because he is so brave, he does it because he has nothing to lose. He would even fight at hw. He has nothing to lose with his journeyman record. Dude never won a title. Guys like Jones, Khabib and GSP are careful when it comes to go to other weight classes because of their great records and accomplishments in their own divisons. The don‘t want to destroy their reputation by taking stupid fights and maybe losing them. Cowboy doesn‘t give a fuck about losing because nobody really gives a fuck if he loses a fight. Jones, Khabib and GSP losing a fight is a big deal.

At least Cerrone isn't scared to fight at welterweight. Something Khabib would never do.
If Cerrone was more discerning,he would have had a better career.

Back