Khabib Offers Conor Rematch with Ten Conditions

How many wins does Conor need to get a rematch?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MOSCOW — Khabib Nurmagomedov said Friday that Conor McGregor would need to win 10 straight fights to earn a rematch for his UFC title. McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) hasn’t fought since Nurmagomedov (28-0 MMA, 12-0 UFC) beat him by submission for the UFC lightweight title in October last year. The Irish fighter last month outlined his plan for two fights leading up to a rematch with the Russian. That’s not enough for Nurmagomedov.

“As for a rematch, to fight for a belt in the UFC, I remember I had something like nine or 10 fights. If he wins 10 fights in a row, then that’s completely possible,” Nurmagomedov said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/ufc-khabib-nurmagomedov-rematch-conor-mcgregor-10-wins

MOSCOW — Khabib Nurmagomedov said Friday that Conor McGregor would need to win 10 straight fights to earn a rematch for his UFC title. McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) hasn’t fought since Nurmagomedov (28-0 MMA, 12-0 UFC) beat him by submission for the UFC lightweight title in October last year. The Irish fighter last month outlined his plan for two fights leading up to a rematch with the Russian. That’s not enough for Nurmagomedov.

“As for a rematch, to fight for a belt in the UFC, I remember I had something like nine or 10 fights. If he wins 10 fights in a row, then that’s completely possible,” Nurmagomedov said.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/ufc-khabib-nurmagomedov-rematch-conor-mcgregor-10-wins

"I don't fight for the money. I fight for my legacy. I fight for history. I fight for my people."

20667922-0-image-a-30_1573040639484.jpg

“Decision to wrongly fine me”

Lol wtf do you expect when you jump from the cage to attack someone in the crowd? Don’t get me wrong Danis and Connor are shitbags but c’mon.....really?

1 journey man and 1 top 5 guy would be enough

Lol wtf do you expect when you jump from the cage to attack someone in the crowd? Don’t get me wrong Danis and Connor are shitbags but c’mon.....really?
They fined him an unprecedented amount for attacking a fighter from his opponent's camp - something that the ACs had dealt with in the past many times. Nevada crooks tried to steal his money, so now they will never see any money from him fighting in Nevada ever again.

500k? English isn't his first language. The amount of the fine is insane. If he was a prelim fighter how would he pay it back?

Given the dolly incident, I'd consider it rightful retribution and fully support our fluffy hatted friend.

*edit as to the actual question I voted 5+ but in reality I don't think it should ever happen, let Conor live with it I say

1 - if it's Tony F.
2 - if it's Dustin and Justin
3 - if it's Dustin, Cerrone, and Felder/Hooker

Khabib's argument is only valid for a first titleshot.

500k? English isn't his first language. The amount of the fine is insane. If he was a prelim fighter how would he pay it back?

I would presume the fine would be proportional to the fighters takings.

Habib ducking Conor here, he knows Conor wins the rematch.

2 winz if he's dominant 3 winz if he's soso...

Anybody else would have been dying to make many more millions fighting Conor especially given that he is an easy matchup. While Khabib fought Poirier and is now fighting Fergusson next. A true champ indeed. I hope he keeps on sticking it to Conor and makes him go back in line begging for a titleshot.

A mod better delete this thread before Notoriouslefthandjob sees it. He's likely to kill himself.

I think that is up to Dana and the UFC, not for an employee to decide...

1 - if it's Tony F.
2 - if it's Dustin and Justin
3 - if it's Dustin, Cerrone, and Felder/Hooker

Khabib's argument is only valid for a first titleshot.

Or perhaps it's a hyperbole version of 5, which is the amount of opponent Conor need to face if he choose someone way below his body weight like Edgar.

Funny thing is, Khabib’s right in one important view, he will be remembered more fondly by involved fans and sports historian-types than will be McGregor. The career courses they’re both on does favor Khabib achieving the legendary legacy.

They fined him an unprecedented amount for attacking a fighter from his opponent's camp - something that the ACs had dealt with in the past many times. Nevada crooks tried to steal his money, so now they will never see any money from him fighting in Nevada ever again.

I did not know that. Thanks for informing me.

I did not take that into account fair point.

Given the dolly incident, I'd consider it rightful retribution and fully support our fluffy hatted friend.

*edit as to the actual question I voted 5+ but in reality I don't think it should ever happen, let Conor live with it I say

Also a good point.

Two good wins. Not Nate, not Edgar.

DP, Gaethje, Cowboy, Tony, any of the top 5 to 7-8 ranked guys. Good wins.

Back