Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Thiago Tavares on FX 7

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
sem-tc3adtulo-2.jpg

Tavares has the cleaner striking IMO but his striking defense leaves little to be desired. He has yet to mesh his strong Top Oriented BJJ game with his muay thai based style together.

He usually tries to get the fight down if his striking goes sour but it may not be that easy to transition to the ground against Khabib who is constantly in your face with an excellent clinch game coming from a sambo backround. Khabib is very confident in his grappling so Tavares will not have that "pressure" that his opponents fear when Tavares gets top position.

Khabib's striking is a little wild but it's usually intended to get his opponents confused because of his strong ability to get the clinch. He's still improving only being 24 years old. And he is training in America as far as I know so that can't be bad news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm leaning on Khabib by decision. Though I won't count out Tavares if he can capitalize on Khabib's sloppy stand up.

I got Nurmagomedov here, the dude's relentless with his fighting and he has good cardio

500 vcash if you can spell his name w/out cheating.

I got khabib by tko. I think that his striking will be better than we've seen so far and he will catch Tavares.

sem-tc3adtulo-2.jpg

Tavares has the cleaner striking IMO but his striking defense leaves little to be desired. He has yet to mesh his strong Top Oriented BJJ game with his muay thai based style together.

Lol, Shields may actually cleaner striking than Khabib, so that's not saying much. :icon_chee

His striking is complete lunacy, but he makes it work so far - by mixing it with wrestling and constant pressure.

Khabib is a berserker. Im going with him by decision.

His relentless attacking style is enjoyable to watch.

Khabib might be the most slept on prospect in the UFC. Right now even Matt Riddle could hit him with combinations but if he puts his striking defense together, the sky could be the limit for this kid.

Taking Tavares in this one, he's just too skilled.

For marketing purposes, Khabib Nurmagomedov should consider changing his name. Its difficult to market a man in the US with a name like his.

He needs something more American yet still foreign. I would suggest Kale Nurma. Its short, easier to pronounce, and yet still stays somewhat true to his roots.

Imagine Bruce Buffer yelling Kale Nurma!

For marketing purposes, Khabib Nurmagomedov should consider changing his name. Its difficult to market a man in the US with a name like his.

He needs something more American yet still foreign. I would suggest Kale Nurma. Its short, easier to pronounce, and yet still stays somewhat true to his roots.

Bump. I was thinking the same thing. This guy will never be a household name

Sherdoggers were exposed in this thread

source.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Back